Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

To those people who were sitting on the fence.

Any of you come down yet?

Care to explain why and on which side you landed?

Or are most of you still up there with sore backsides and headaches?

OTBC

I''ve got one arse cheek on the fence, the other is nudging towards Delia''s corner.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Despite the Spurs score I am still quietly confident. If the Hungarian gk turns out to be any good and if the striker G.R has been banging on about arrives and does well then we have a chance.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]I''ve got one arse cheek on the fence, the other is nudging towards Delia''s corner.[/quote]

Madness is catch today hey Dogger? [:P]

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]I''ve got one arse cheek on the fence, the other is nudging towards Delia''s corner.[/quote]

Madness is catch today hey Dogger? [:P]

[/quote]

Sure is!!!

[quote user="SAFU2007"]Meant catchy...feck that''s it i''m going back to bed....night all.[/quote]

Still understood you, im on the same wave length, i need my bed too!!!

OTBC

[/quote]

I climbed off with a foot in both camps.  I''m no big fan of Delia and co but they are all we have, yes their era has now gone stagnant and the honey pot has dried up,the reason I believe they are still here is that they are getting the Turners ready to take over the reigns in a couple of years(3 year plan sound familiar)and there really hasn''t been any proper offers(including the numpty Cullum).  I am hoping still that if there was any transfer budget this year it''s being held back for a big striker in the next week or so and if not I may remove my left foot from that side of the fence. As for Peter Cullum, was that a serious offer? He walked away from the club he says he loves quicker than he appeared. The guy is supposed to be a  hard nosed business man and yet he allowed TV cook to get the better of him?  I think the guy was trying to look good in front of the fans whilst gleaning some media coverage, if he loved the club like he claims he would have dug in for the fight.

So tell be Bly, with Cullum gone what are the alternatives? Do we really have any choice other than get behind the club?

Delia and Co do have some answers to give at the next AGM but who has big enough balls to ask them?

I with the club at them moment, doesn''t mean I don''t watch PC here, far from it, but I am realistic and we are not going to change that fact. I certainly don''t want to see repeat of the scenes with Chase. I feel a stable will be better for the team, we all want a rich man in the long run, infact now. But that will have to wait. Regarding the team, I feel we may have a good chance of a top 8 finish, I like the signings and regardless of the Spurs score, I still have hope for the season and we will surprise people.

Cullum didn''t walk away he was sent away - twice actually. 

And please explain how "digging in for the fight" would have been anything other than detrimental to the club.  Masterly inactivity is what''s called for right now.  Cullum is far too sophisticated to be bothered about Delia''s pyrrhic victory (that''s when you win the battle but lose the war).

A guy like Cullum if he was really serious would have hung around and not be "sent away twice"  by a tv cook.

Detrimental in the short term,the club could have weathered it.  Lets face it the whole thing was a charade, he was never going to get the club for 20 million. Did he come back with an even slightly improved offer....NO!!

Cullum has made mugs of us, still the dream was nice whilst it lasted.

[quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

And please explain how "digging in for the fight" would have been anything other than detrimental to the club.  Masterly inactivity is what''s called for right now.  Cullum is far too sophisticated to be bothered about Delia''s pyrrhic victory (that''s when you win the battle but lose the war).

[/quote]Hmm. Thanks for the defintion. A Pyrrhic victory  is  usually defined as one gained at too greater cost. Not sure that has been established yet eh? Let''s just see. Personally i''m still on the fence awaiting Mr Cullum to remember where he''s put his armour, white horse and  sense of reality. So far i''m really angry that he''s caused such friction and taken so much attention away from our pre season.

I did briefly fall off the fence into Cullum''s back garden, but quickly

scrambled back up once I realised I look a bit of a fool... right now

I''m clinging on for dear life.

I must admit that I had expected more from Cullum by now.  Sure he

may have been sent away with a flea in his ear (twice), but he''s a

shrewd and ruthless businessman and I don''t see sitting and sulking as

a tactic befitting a man of his status.  He loves the club, that

much is clear, but if he wants to do something about this then he needs

to get serious.  Right now with his various email responses he

just seems a bit like the sulky child to Delia''s stern matriarch. 

If my knowledge of Disney films is correct the child usually wins out

against the wicked stepmother in the end, but how long will this take

and, really, should we place our trust in a Disney storyline?

[/quote]

How can a post this short be wrong in so many ways. PC had a brainwave and like so many ideas when it was sense checked it wasn''t achievable. He had a chat with the board and recognised this when he had more facts to hand. At no point was he sent away. Neither was this a victory for Delia because it was never a battle for control. PC has not walked away as he is in exactly the same place as he was before this phoney hullaballoo blew up. Inactivity is never masterly, just inactivity. If PC wants to pursue this it needs extensive preparation that will take months rather than weeks.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]

Hmm. Thanks for the defintion. A Pyrrhic victory  is  usually defined as one gained at too greater cost. Not sure that has been established yet eh? Let''s just see. Personally i''m still on the fence awaiting Mr Cullum to remember where he''s put his armour, white horse and  sense of reality. So far i''m really angry that he''s caused such friction and taken so much attention away from our pre season.
[/quote]

Maintaining overall control per se is a victory from Delia''s point of view.  I doubt whether any right thinking fan would agree.

[quote user="Fat Pineapple"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]Hmm. Thanks for the defintion. A Pyrrhic victory  is  usually defined as one gained at too greater cost. Not sure that has been established yet eh? Let''s just see. Personally i''m still on the fence awaiting Mr Cullum to remember where he''s put his armour, white horse and  sense of reality. So far i''m really angry that he''s caused such friction and taken so much attention away from our pre season. [/quote]

Maintaining overall control per se is a victory from Delia''s point of view.  I doubt whether any right thinking fan would agree.

[/quote]Would that be right thinking in general or just on this issue I wonder?

OTBC

[/quote]

I believe we will finish 5th ( plays off final poss), I''m have full faith in roeder and the players he''s brought in even if most are disappointed that he hasn''t spent millions. Fans the moan and talk S**T mean nothing to me and i question why they support a club if all they have to say is always negative.

Delia deserves some credit to what she has done for the club in the past, i also think she would sell if its for the best of the club but she''s a fan so if its a no then theres good reasons for that.

We need to get behind the club drop all this moaning which most poster on here seem to live for and look forward to like i''ve said before a fantastic season.

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]

Hmm. Thanks for the defintion. A Pyrrhic victory  is  usually defined as one gained at too greater cost. Not sure that has been established yet eh? Let''s just see. Personally i''m still on the fence awaiting Mr Cullum to remember where he''s put his armour, white horse and  sense of reality. So far i''m really angry that he''s caused such friction and taken so much attention away from our pre season.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Would that be right thinking in general or just on this issue I wonder?

[/quote]

I''m trying hard to refrain from stating the bleeding obvious about dodging the issue.

What about you Chrisr, do you agree? 

OTBC

[/quote]

I think I''m still on it, but only because of the safety equipment I''m using.  I see myself as roped on to a thin wall, and whilst I have been dislodged a couple of times by well aimed wads of stupidity, thanks to my climbing harness, I''m still on the wall and haven''t touch ground on either side yet.

[quote user="Fat Pineapple"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr Pineapple - it wasn''t a contest, control was never in doubt so it wasn''t a victory in Delia''s or anyone else''s view.

By right thinking do you mean agrees with you?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]

How can a post this short be wrong in so many ways. PC had a brainwave and like so many ideas when it was sense checked it wasn''t achievable. He had a chat with the board and recognised this when he had more facts to hand. At no point was he sent away. Neither was this a victory for Delia because it was never a battle for control. PC has not walked away as he is in exactly the same place as he was before this phoney hullaballoo blew up. Inactivity is never masterly, just inactivity. If PC wants to pursue this it needs extensive preparation that will take months rather than weeks.

[/quote]

It is not "wrong" just based on a different reading of the situation based on fairly limited evidence.  But you have to wonder why they couldn''t have established that his plan wasn''t feasible when he first made the offer last October/November, or again in January when (we are told) they had "a friendly arm wrestle over the valuation of the club".

"Inactivity is never masterly" - I couldn''t disagree more.  It means watching and waiting not watching and dithering.  Choosing the right moment to act is a key to success in almost every area of life.  You see it every time you watch a football match, in the decisions of the manager as well as the players.  I''m not saying that''s what PC is actually doing, but that''s what I would recommend.  There is nothing to be gained by pursuing the matter at present.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr Pineapple - it wasn''t a contest, control was never in doubt so it wasn''t a victory in Delia''s or anyone else''s view.

By right thinking do you mean agrees with you?

[/quote]

Yes absolutely! [:D]

We''ll have to agree to differ on the other bit.  Of course it was about control.  If PC had offered the money with no strings attached do you think they''d have turned it down?  But why should he?  D&M never have and never would, and similarly, why on earth should they?  NCFC is not a registered charity.  Or is that the only way some of you will believe he''s a "true fan" . . .

I fell on PC side till i found out, he had a guard dog or 2. So i`m on the fence again hanging on for dear life ;)

Sitting on the fence about what exactly? Delia vs Cullum? There was no battle, Cullum didn''t make a bid for any of her shares, which if he is serious about buying the club he knows he has to. He wasn''t ''sent away'', thats just emotional BS, he didn''t make an offer to buy the club that was agreeable to those who own it, he didn''t even make a formal offer. Once he has liquidated more of his money, if he loves the club as much as he says he does he will be back with a proper formal offer to buy out Delia. When that happens, we will all know about it because the shareholders will have to be informed. Its hardly rocket science.I can''t believe people are still banging on about this in a totally ill informed way. Get over it.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Sitting on the fence about what exactly? Delia vs Cullum? There was no battle, Cullum didn''t make a bid for any of her shares, which if he is serious about buying the club he knows he has to. He wasn''t ''sent away'', thats just emotional BS, he didn''t make an offer to buy the club that was agreeable to those who own it, he didn''t even make a formal offer. Once he has liquidated more of his money, if he loves the club as much as he says he does he will be back with a proper formal offer to buy out Delia. When that happens, we will all know about it because the shareholders will have to be informed. Its hardly rocket science.

I can''t believe people are still banging on about this in a totally ill informed way. Get over it.
[/quote]

Ill-informed - so what makes you so sure of the facts?  Like everyone else you have your own reading of the situation based on very limited evidence. No one has the right to claim the inside track not even you.  We''ll probably never know what actually happened.  Get over it.

BBB - Still on the fence as far as the "Cullum thing" is concerned, only reason I was on the fence in the first place. None of us really knows what did/did not go on as far as the "Cullum thing" is concerned, not sure we ever will. Of course there are people who use the "Cullum thing" to beat Delia over the head with, without knowing all the facts which of course plain wrong, and I say that as somebody who is not the biggest fan of the board.

As far as the football side is concerned, my approach is the same as every other season, I will make my mind up after 10/15 games or so. I certainly am not going to use the pre-season games as a barometer (wins or defeats), and I am certainly not in the least bit worried about the defeat to a vastly superior Premiership side (unless of course the Football League has changed the rules and teams are deducted 10 points if they concede 5 or more goals in a pre season friendly.....[:O]).

As far as the pre-season signings are concerned I am reasonably happy, I would prefere to see a couple of more half decent permanent  signings and would not be unhappy with a couple more loan signings, the priorities (imho) being a striker  and a centre half

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Sitting on the fence about what exactly? Delia vs Cullum? There was no battle, Cullum didn''t make a bid for any of her shares, which if he is serious about buying the club he knows he has to. He wasn''t ''sent away'', thats just emotional BS, he didn''t make an offer to buy the club that was agreeable to those who own it, he didn''t even make a formal offer. Once he has liquidated more of his money, if he loves the club as much as he says he does he will be back with a proper formal offer to buy out Delia. When that happens, we will all know about it because the shareholders will have to be informed. Its hardly rocket science.I can''t believe people are still banging on about this in a totally ill informed way. Get over it.[/quote]

Ill-informed - so what makes you so sure of the facts?  Like everyone else you have your own reading of the situation based on very limited evidence. No one has the right to claim the inside track not even you.  We''ll probably never know what actually happened.  Get over it.

[/quote]

Cullum was quoted in the EDP saying he wasn''t interested in bidding for Delia''s shares. If he had made a bid, the Board would of had to tell all shareholders of the bid (its the law). What exactly is the mystery?

People keep dredging up this issue, its time to let it go.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

BBB - Still on the fence as far as the "Cullum thing" is concerned, only reason I was on the fence in the first place. None of us really knows what did/did not go on as far as the "Cullum thing" is concerned, not sure we ever will. Of course there are people who use the "Cullum thing" to beat Delia over the head with, without knowing all the facts which of course plain wrong, and I say that as somebody who is not the biggest fan of the board.

As far as the football side is concerned, my approach is the same as every other season, I will make my mind up after 10/15 games or so. I certainly am not going to use the pre-season games as a barometer (wins or defeats), and I am certainly not in the least bit worried about the defeat to a vastly superior Premiership side (unless of course the Football League has changed the rules and teams are deducted 10 points if they concede 5 or more goals in a pre season friendly.....[:O]).

As far as the pre-season signings are concerned I am reasonably happy, I would prefere to see a couple of more half decent permanent  signings and would not be unhappy with a couple more loan signings, the priorities (imho) being a striker  and a centre half

[/quote]

Well said SoB.

I''m remaining on the fence regarding ''Cullumgate'' and whilst I''m cautiously optimistic about our chances of a decent season I shall wait until about mid-October before I get too carried away.