Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Fulham duo targetted

Who on earth is that 19 year old? I''d be happy with Stefanovic though, but we''ve seen so many reports on players, this had better be true!

the sun do get it right more times than not its the news of the world that always get it wrong. id be happy this if it come true

Ditto with mine.

Both are apparently unwanted at Fulham. Hopefully if the young lad proves a reasonable player we can consider making it permenant

I am very sure this is true, for the fact that they say Stefanovic is an undisclosed fee - sounds true to me as all our transfer fees are undisclosed.

Wikipedia says:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Elliot Omozusi
Personal information
Date of birth15 December 1988 (1988-12-15) (age 19)
Place of birth   Hackney, England
Height1.79 m (5 ft 10+12 in)
Playing positionRight Back
Club information
Current clubFulham
Number22
Senior clubs1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2006–Fulham8 (0)   
National team
2006–England U199 (0)

1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only and
correct as of 17:23, 11 January 2008 (UTC).
* Appearances (Goals)

Elliot Omozusi (born 15 December 1988) is an English professional footballer who plays as a defender for Fulham. Despite being an England youth international, he is eligible to play for Nigeria.

Born in Hackney, London, Omozusi made his first team debut for Fulham in the FA Cup third round game against Leicester City on 6 January 2007. He plays in the defence but has the zeal for going forward and has a very high work rate. He was sent off in the game against Reading on 3 November 2007 after providing an assist for Fulham''s second goal on only his second Premier League appearance for the club.

On 3 December 2007 he started at right back against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Stefanovic would be a good signing on a free or for cheap, and has the experience you need at this level.I don''t understand the Ozomusi situation however, if he''s deemed surplus to requirements, why simply loan him out to us? If Hodgson doesn''t rate the lad, chances are he''d not command a large transfer fee.If he''s good enough, get a cheap offer in, if not, don''t bother with the loan.

Stefanovic has passed a medical today, Peter Thompson is having a medical tomorrow and Gow is back down to finalize his move.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Stefanovic would be a good signing on a free or for cheap, and has the experience you need at this level.

I don''t understand the Ozomusi situation however, if he''s deemed surplus to requirements, why simply loan him out to us? If Hodgson doesn''t rate the lad, chances are he''d not command a large transfer fee.

If he''s good enough, get a cheap offer in, if not, don''t bother with the loan.
[/quote]

Lots of reasons

• A loan could be with a view to a permenant if he proves himself with us. Why waste a load of cash if he''s pants?
  • It could be that aged 19, he doesn''t want to leave his home
  • It might be that he is unsure about a move to Norwich and wants a "try before you buy" kind of thing

[quote user="birdman"]Stefanovic has passed a medical today, Peter Thompson is having a medical tomorrow and Gow is back down to finalize his move.[/quote]

How do you know this birdman? I know you have some links with the youth team.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[quote user="birdman"]Stefanovic has passed a medical today, Peter Thompson is having a medical tomorrow and Gow is back down to finalize his move.[/quote]

How do you know this birdman? I know you have some links with the youth team.

[/quote]

Yes, how do you know?

Fingers crossed - would not be a bad couple of days work

i would be happy with that.

stefanovic played like 15 games last season and did a decent job !

thompson looks good, but am i bit worried he has been targetted by league 1 and 2 clubs and not many championship clubs !

and is gow a striker or attacking midfielder ! ive been on a few sides, and some say striker, some say midfielder !

personally im not sure on any of these players

stefanovic was good 2-3seasons ago, hasnt really played 1st team football consistantly in that period, if cheap deal then yes worth a punt. but there better options out there in say jack hobbs who stared at scunthorpe on loan last season

fulham youngster i wont comment to much on as i havnt really seen him play more than motd clips from end last season

irish player could come of as deal of the year but could also be a dud

what you need in your situation is tested players at this level

how about andy gray of charlton? morgan of sheff utd? webber sheff utd?

maybe its just me being funny and looking for more negatives when obviously your looking for all positives but none of those 3 deals are going to sstrike the league in saying maybe we underestimating norwich here (which could be a good thing for you also)

[quote user="NA"]

jack hobbs who stared at scunthorpe on loan last season

[/quote]

What a brilliant job that would be!

"Obviously I''m looking forward to getting some first team experience,

the gaffer''s booked me a place just by the dugout and I''ve got a ready

supply of eye-drops.  It''ll be intense, but I feel I can cope and

hopefully add something to Scunthorpe.  Yes, just by staring at

them..... what''s that? Oh, you''re over there......"

I''m not sure about Stefanovic too. Physical player with leadership skills and also a threat from set-pieces seem''s like good. But then he''s slow and his wages would be high. But then again Dublin was slow and he was still quality.

Elliot Omozusi is very highly rated by the Fulham supporters:

http://thefulhamweblog.com/2008/07/16/norwich-chase-fulham-pair/

Overall, I''m not over the moon by these potential signings, but they would give us options at the back, and I trust Roeder''s judgement in players.

I think both would become valuable members of the squad, but I think we should try and make it a triple capture, getting Tony Warner as back up to David Marshall.

So if this lad is as good as they say for a right back where does that leave Semmy?

Ok we need back up and cover but is he coming here just for that? Our priority is STRIKERS (and at least two of them!)

[quote user="King Beef"]I think both would become valuable members of the squad, but I think we should try and make it a triple capture, getting Tony Warner as back up to David Marshall.[/quote]

Just been signed by Hull!

[quote user="King Beef"]I think both would become valuable members of the squad, but I think we should try and make it a triple capture, getting Tony Warner as back up to David Marshall.[/quote]Go on the BBC sport site, Hull City news and then go D''oh

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="King Beef"]I think both would become valuable members of the squad, but I think we should try and make it a triple capture, getting Tony Warner as back up to David Marshall.[/quote]

Go on the BBC sport site, Hull City news and then go D''oh
[/quote]

Just read it, I''ll be getting my coat...!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

So if this lad is as good as they say for a right back where does that leave Semmy?

Ok we need back up and cover but is he coming here just for that? Our priority is STRIKERS (and at least two of them!)

[/quote]

Our priority must surely be strength in depth. Did you know Otsemobor played a great deal of last season with a sore achilles? Yes of course signing strikers is important but depth in the squad is just as important and one should not be neglected for the other.