Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Confirmed: Stefanovic Has medical!

are you guys happy in signing stefanovic? do you see it as a step forward?

im guessing the postive vibes are coming mainly though becauase you have/are signing somebody

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

is Stefanovic the chap wo used to play for Inter Milan?

jas :)

[/quote]
You may be thinking of Dejan Stankovic, of however you spell it...
[/quote]

thats it.. thanks

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Malky was slow, and old... so was Flem...
[/quote]

and Iwan roberts

[/quote]

And Martin Taylor too. Sir Dion of Dublin wasn''t the quickest neither, although he still did damn well for 38/39. JC, I think you should perhaps read between the lines of what people are saying mate. Then you might see what other''s are getting at.

definatly a step forward !

may be a little slow, but it is the commanding centre back we have been looking for, for some time !

with quick left and right backs, and with the youth of shackell, speed shouldnt really be that much of a hurdle if he gets caught out !

Even the mighty John Terry ain''t exactly a sprinter, but his play is

all about positioning and reading the game... from what I''ve seen of

Stefanovic, even a number of years ago, he''s always based his game on

the same.  Very strong and powerful and although some of the

nippier strikers may catch him out, at least we''ve got Doc or Shacks

covering........ oh wait..... erm........?[8-)]

That was uncalled for.  What have I said that is dumb?[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="JC"]Sorry what point are you making here?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Malky was slow, and old... so was Flem...[/quote][/quote]I think he was wondering how Dumb you really are, but you just answered that for him.[/quote]

All I wanted was a yes it is him or no it is one of the younger ones we have been linked with.  Evidently that is to simple a question for some one here.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Malky was slow, and old... so was Flem...[/quote]

Malky was amazing when he was at our club. Fleming was good too.......

[/quote]

Entirely my point... JC''s previous post, which I neglected to quote,

asked "is this the bloke who is 33... and quite slow?"   I was

just  pointing out that age and pace aren''t the be-all and end-all

of Centre Backs....[/quote]

I dont need to read between the lines.  I know tha points they were making, but my question was not related to teir opinions on the pace of centrebacks I know they dont need lots of pace (acceleration yes but that is a different debate).My question really only needed a rather simple yes or no answer, to simple for some!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and Iwan roberts

[/quote]

And Martin Taylor too. Sir Dion of Dublin wasn''t the quickest neither, although he still did damn well for 38/39. JC, I think you should perhaps read between the lines of what people are saying mate. Then you might see what other''s are getting at.

[/quote]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]good signing if we can squeeze two more years out of him
[/quote]Very good signing.

Yes to new image.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Bell having medical this afternoon as I understand it.

2 decent additions to the squad. Just need some bloomin strikers!

[/quote]

and just "how" do you understand that jim?

also why would  radio naarfolk have the news and the evening news not have it?
[/quote]

Its not important how I know I just do!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Bell having medical this afternoon as I understand it.

2 decent additions to the squad. Just need some bloomin strikers!

[/quote]and just "how" do you understand that jim? also why would  radio naarfolk have the news and the evening news not have it?[/quote]

Its not important how I know I just do!

[/quote]it IS important!!!

[quote user="JC"]I dont need to read between the lines.  I know tha points they were making, but my question was not related to teir opinions on the pace of centrebacks I know they dont need lots of pace (acceleration yes but that is a different debate).

My question really only needed a rather simple yes or no answer, to simple for some!

[/quote]

and Iwan roberts

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Very well then JC, just so you understand it, the simple answer is yes. Some of us here were merely backing up as to why we think yes, as Malky, Flem, Roberts, Tiny and Sir Dion all done very, very well for us overall.

Answering with just a ''yes'' is a bit boring though, don''t you think? [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Malky was amazing when he was at our club. Fleming was good too.......

[/quote]
Entirely my point... JC''s previous post, which I neglected to quote, asked "is this the bloke who is 33... and quite slow?"   I was just  pointing out that age and pace aren''t the be-all and end-all of Centre Backs....
[/quote]

Ooops soz mate. Quote next time though. [;)]

Yep, you''re right. CBs can def stretch to 35 if they are good enough. I personally think he would be our best signing yet if the deal goes through.

[quote user="JC"]I dont need to read between the lines.  I know tha points they were making, but my question was not related to teir opinions on the pace of centrebacks I know they dont need lots of pace (acceleration yes but that is a different debate).My question really only needed a rather simple yes or no answer, to simple for some!

and Iwan roberts

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]Well JC if you only wanted to know who he was, why didnt you just say is this the guy from Fulham?Why say 33 year old and very slow ?    You werent being very specific with that description, it just seemed that you were trying to focus on the negatives.   Apologies if you weren''t, but thats what it sounded like.

Are we likely to be paying anything for Stefanovic?  Haven''t seen any figures mentioned nor any word about it being a freeby.  The waitings killing me...

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="JC"]I dont need to read between the lines.  I know tha points they were making, but my question was not related to teir opinions on the pace of centrebacks I know they dont need lots of pace (acceleration yes but that is a different debate).

My question really only needed a rather simple yes or no answer, to simple for some!

[/quote]

and Iwan roberts

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Well JC if you only wanted to know who he was, why didnt you just say is this the guy from Fulham?

Why say 33 year old and very slow ?    You werent being very specific with that description, it just seemed that you were trying to focus on the negatives.   Apologies if you weren''t, but thats what it sounded like.
[/quote]He''s 34 and 35 in October. He should still be OK though.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Are we likely to be paying anything for Stefanovic?  Haven''t seen any figures mentioned nor any word about it being a freeby.  The waitings killing me...[/quote]

undisclosed fee

[quote user="jed exodous"]Are we likely to be paying anything for Stefanovic?  Haven''t seen any figures mentioned nor any word about it being a freeby.  The waitings killing me...[/quote]It won''t be a massive amount. He''s 34 in october and has a year on his contract. Possibly a few 100k.

[quote user="Huddy "]

We have a new centre back, at last! Just heard the radio norfolk sport news, i expect him to sign this afternoon.

Sounds like a good signing to me, plenty of premiership experience, and perhaps the leader weve been missing at the back since the mackay/fleming partnership was broken up completely.

Well done Glen...

...i expect Bell might sign today as well, now for a couple of forwards!

[/quote]

I for one hope this is true as I think he could do a job for us but I think this might just be a re-hash and if not it''s certainly not what I would call "Confirmed"

Fulham defender Dejan Stefanovic is on the verge of signing for Norwich City, BBC Radio Norfolk understands.

It is believed the centre-back has already undergone a medical with a view to joining the Canaries.

The 33-year-old struggled to get into Fulham''s first team in the latter part of last season as they battled relegation from the Premier League.

The Serbia and Montenegro international joined the Cottagers in a £1m deal from Portsmouth last summer.

[quote user="Duffman"]He''s 33 Tribes.
[/quote]He''s 34 Duffman. Suppose it depends which website you go on.

He''s one or the other anyway.

Don''t get hung up on his age people - centre backs get better with age. Leaving aside the john terrys, ferdinands and woodgates of this world, the next best centre backs are the ones with experience and defensive tactical awareness - Malky was at his best in his 30s. We''ve been desperate for a commanding, experienced figurehead at CB to replace Makay since the day he left. I have absolutely no doubt that we would have survived our first season back in the premiership if Worthington had pulled off ''that'' Linvoy Primus deal. As it was, ''arry made Linvoy an integral part of one of the better defences in the premiership in 06/07 when Pompey finished 9th. And how old was Primus. 33! And that''s in the premiership.

I think this is the most important signing we''ve made so far but it does NOT mean we can sell Shackell. We have 4 central midfielders if Bell comes and we need 4 centrebacks.

[quote user="Smokey"]Roeder get on the phone to Wolves and accept Shackells offer now!![/quote]

Doh!

Then we will have just 2 centre backs again. We need at least 3 senior centre backs plus Spillane in my view.