Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

Doherty Or Shackell ?

stefanovic plus a new signing.  

Dont rate shackell or doherty.

Doherty is a disgrace for waiting til last day of contract before signing after no-one came in!"  

Agreed, but why not sack off both of them, and play Omozusi there with Stefanovic, and keep Semmi out right. I''m just happy to be speculationg over defensive selections!

stupid question the doc should be nowhere near the team he should be half time orange boy, i think shaks will be fine with stefanovic cos he can concentrate on his job rather than having to deal with docs job too.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[quote]doherty and stefanovic wud be a disaster. due to both being slow. shackell definately.[/quote]

And Shacks is quick??

Doc for me every time.

[/quote]He ain''t slow, and he''s much quicker than Doc! i reckon Roeder will start Stefanovic and Doc originally. Shacks might go to wolves now anyway

[quote user="filthyrich"]stupid question the doc should be nowhere near the team he should be half time orange boy, i think shaks will be fine with stefanovic cos he can concentrate on his job rather than having to deal with docs job too.[/quote]

Its funny how Shacks is always going to be fine with someone else beside him - he was going to be brilliant alongside Martin Taylor until they did actually play together.

The reality is that he isnt good enough and despite the abuse he gets, the facts clearly show that we concede less goals with Doc in the side. 

[quote]doherty and stefanovic wud be a disaster. due to both being slow. shackell definately.[/quote]

And Shacks is quick??

Doc for me every time.

[/quote]

Same.

Doc is the better defender and I''d be surprisd if an attacking player running at our defence found Shacks to be noticeably quicker than the Doc.

Fair enough the Doc isn''t as quick as someone like Semmy but I can''t really remember him being done for pace on a regular basis last season. People just see what they want to see when it comes to the Doc, unfortunately.

I agree, Doherty ahead of Shackell every time. Having said that though, I think it''d be better if we signed someone else who would play ahead of both. But I''d still have Doc on the bench for cover rather than Shackell.

I don''t understand the question, are you saying we have a choice? NCFC? A Choice? NCFC have a choice between which of the two to play?? I still don''t understand, I''m very confused..... its been so long since we had competition at CB I''ve completely forgotten what its like! [:|]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

And Shacks is quick??

Doc for me every time.

[/quote]

He ain''t slow, and he''s much quicker than Doc! i reckon Roeder will start Stefanovic and Doc originally. Shacks might go to wolves now anyway
[/quote]

Agreed. Doc, though he is a liabilty can be a rock. Him and Stev might just work!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t understand the question, are you saying we have a choice? NCFC? A Choice? NCFC have a choice between which of the two to play?? I still don''t understand, I''m very confused..... its been so long since we had competition at CB I''ve completely forgotten what its like! [:|]
[/quote]

Is amazing if you think about it EM! Our defencive options have been so tired for the last two sesons we have totally forgoten!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

And Shacks is quick??

Doc for me every time.

[/quote]

He ain''t slow, and he''s much quicker than Doc! i reckon Roeder will start Stefanovic and Doc originally. Shacks might go to wolves now anyway
[/quote]

Actually, do you know who the quickest player over fifty yards is?

Gary Doherty.

Well, at least he was last season.

Stefanovic and the Doc for me would be a superb partnership, Sell Shackell now!!! and tbh I think the Doc is probably quicker than Shackell, and his positioning is better.

[quote user="filthyrich"]stupid question the doc should be nowhere near the team he should be half time orange boy, i think shaks will be fine with stefanovic cos he can concentrate on his job rather than having to deal with docs job too.[/quote]

Its funny how Shacks is always going to be fine with someone else beside him - he was going to be brilliant alongside Martin Taylor until they did actually play together.

The reality is that he isnt good enough and despite the abuse he gets, the facts clearly show that we concede less goals with Doc in the side. 

[/quote]

yep, agreed

As we have now secured a right-back on a season long loan and a centre-back on a 2-year deal, what about Otsemobor partnering Stefonavic?  Pretty sure that when he signed, was said that he could play as a right-back or centre-back.  There would be pace at the heart of the defence then.

Stefanovic for Captain then?

Doc by a mile,  him and stefanovic have experience and strength and will be an improvement upon what ended the season as a good back 4. 

Of the full backs only Drury looks likely to be able to cover at CB,  so would prefer another signing just to keep them all on their toes.

Shackell and Doc are both liabilites, both score hardly any goals. However I would play Stefo and Doc, left foot and righ foot. Makes sense. Both played for premier league clubs. Lets hope they bring the goods.

OTBC!