Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

If successful

If Peter Cullan is successful in taking control of NCFC do you believe that he has the club at heart or is he just a businessman who will not deliver what he promises?.

[quote user="On The Roeder To No Where. "]If Peter Cullan is successful in taking control of NCFC do you believe that he has the club at heart or is he just a businessman who will not deliver what he promises?.[/quote]

This is the question...? and its down to our current board to try to flush that out..... however its the risk u take..... is it a risk we are willing to take to get new investment?? he did say that he was not going to keep pumping money into the club and was only to pump an initial 20 million into the fund... i for one would trust roeder with 20million!!

He''s a NCFC season ticket holder, supporter and played for them in the youth team, he''s got a box at CR, and he just happens to be a VERY successful businesman,  he has NC at heart you can be sure of that.

When we were going through rough patches last season, and boy did we have a lot of those, he was feeling the same frustration we did.  His blood is yellow n green just like mine and yours.

Ask yourself a question, taking our current board out of the equation, would you sooner have one Marcus Evans whose Identity is not known and is not an ITFC supporter but is there purely for business, or would you sooner have Mr C who''s passion is being a supporter of the very club he wants to invest in?

[;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

He''s a NCFC season ticket holder, supporter and played for them in the youth team, he''s got a box at CR, and he just happens to be a VERY successful businesman,  he has NC at heart you can be sure of that.

When we were going through rough patches last season, and boy did we have a lot of those, he was feeling the same frustration we did.  His blood is yellow n green just like mine and yours.

Ask yourself a question, taking our current board out of the equation, would you sooner have one Marcus Evans whose Identity is not known and is not an ITFC supporter but is there purely for business, or would you sooner have Mr C who''s passion is being a supporter of the very club he wants to invest in?

[;)]

[/quote]

I hope you are right. I know he must be fairly busy, but he did only go to 1 game all season...

Still preferable to Evans either way - i really suspect he will screw them over at some point.

[quote user="On The Roeder To No Where. "]If Peter Cullan is successful in taking control of NCFC do you believe that he has the club at heart or is he just a businessman who will not deliver what he promises?.[/quote]

Yes he has the club at heart, and i quote “Any club getting 25-26,000 in the Championship every week deserves better than another relegation fight.” He wants the same as the rest of us, i''m sure.

He may have only gone to one game last season, but like lots of busy businessmen and women out there, they still ''''follow the boys in yellow'''', how anyone can question that he is not dedicated to NC I don''t know.

Still, it''s all about opinions at the end of the day.  [:)]

[quote user="woody"]

I hope you are right. I know he must be fairly busy, but he did only go to 1 game all season... [/quote]

Thats still 1 game more than a few posters on here managed!. [;)]

And yes, by the way, he''s a city fan so YES YES YES! 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="woody"]

I hope you are right. I know he must be fairly busy, but he did only go to 1 game all season... [/quote]

Thats still 1 game more than a few posters on here managed!. [;)]

And yes, by the way, he''s a city fan so YES YES YES! 

[/quote]

Blimey Wiz a bit of positivity from you, how refreshing that is [:D]

I''ve never met the guy so I haven''t got a clue. But, at a risk of upsetting the anti-board posters, I think if he is succesful in taking control of NCFC it will mean he does have the best interest of the club at heart.

If Cullum does get in, and that is a big IF, I think he would have the clubs best interests at heart and as Norwich City supporting billionaires don''t come along very often this is the best opportunity we have to inject some money into the club without the alarm bells ringing!! [:D]

The crux of it is that we do not know how he will perform if he takes control. However, he is certainly the best candidate we are ever likely to get, i.e. a Norwich fan with an executive box and the 40th richest man in Britain. I personally am sure he will have the clubs best interests at heart even more so that Delia. But at the end of the day, if we cant take a gamble on Peter Cullum, we will never ever find anyone good enough to take a gamble on. I''d take that gamble any day.

I am also certain that if we secure his initial £20m investment we will end up seeing more investment from him over time. Once he is involved I think it will be like a mission to him. And that is why I am desperate to see PC take control of the club.

I trust Cullum... he is a genuine supporter and not some dodgy foreign investor here on a money Laundering exercise which could be speculated about other clubs...

and he doesnt want to change our name to Harchester utd like that pillock at Mansfield wants to!

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]To be fair CaptnCanary we didn''t know that about Delia and MWJ''s either when they first took over.[/quote]

We didn''t but Geoffrey Watling did.

If Cullum is worth the reported £1.7 billion then why would he want to invest in a club like Norwich that relasitically is never going to give him the kind of return you would think a businessman of his stature would be looking for. Obviously this is all conjecture, but the fact he has histroy with Norwich begs the question why he would do anything to jeopardise the future of the club for his own personal gain.

I say give him a go.

I think the important thing here is, what is the alternative ?

Mark .Y.

why do we need an alternative? why should we take a gamble? correct me if im wrong, but in terms of survival as a club we dont need investment. Yes it would be lovely to be able to have it with PC but why should we do it with compromise? I think he if laughing at the success of his EDP article by the response of most fans, because its opened up alot of green eyed monsters, craving the money as it seems that this money will bring immediete success.

[quote user="ryangarg"]why do we need an alternative? why should we take a gamble? correct me if im wrong, but in terms of survival as a club we dont need investment. Yes it would be lovely to be able to have it with PC but why should we do it with compromise? I think he if laughing at the success of his EDP article by the response of most fans, because its opened up alot of green eyed monsters, craving the money as it seems that this money will bring immediete success.
[/quote]

Given the choice of a full  meal or slowly starving too death? I''ll choose the meal. In effect that is what you are saying.

Not neccessarily, all im saying is why jump on a ship that at the moment is saying all the things you want to hear any nothing else? I would love that meal dont get me wrong, but just because he has turned up with his pockets lined, that doesnt mean he is going to serve you something that your going to particularily enjoy

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on. With him in charge he will not let the team and the fans suffer. He will supply enough money to Roeder to build a very strong squad to push for promotion.  Could be very exciting times around the corner. Us Norwich City fans have suffered enough over the years and we deserve a lot better.    On the ball city.................

[quote user="ryangarg"]Not neccessarily, all im saying is why jump on a ship that at the moment is saying all the things you want to hear any nothing else? I would love that meal dont get me wrong, but just because he has turned up with his pockets lined, that doesnt mean he is going to serve you something that your going to particularily enjoy
[/quote]

I agree with you but NCFC are a slowly sinking ship under the current administration, like paralysis it will  be to late once the realisation sinks in. That is why it would be better to jump in with the unknown , with caution, than remain with the current board. 

the thing that sticks in my mind is that he has said he will input £20m for the squad, and that he wont keep ploughing in money like roman. Now, seeing as he has had no previous with a football club as a business, does he know how much money he is going to lose? what if all this promised money doesnt reap the benifits? will he be happy to keep losing money? i think not, then what is he going to do?

[quote user="ryangarg"]why do we need an alternative? why should we take a gamble? correct me if im wrong, but in terms of survival as a club we dont need investment. Yes it would be lovely to be able to have it with PC but why should we do it with compromise? I think he if laughing at the success of his EDP article by the response of most fans, because its opened up alot of green eyed monsters, craving the money as it seems that this money will bring immediete success.
[/quote]

I think you judge some of us unfairly if that''s what you think of us fans, that it''s the money at all costs, or maybe I have read your post wrong, but that''s the way it comes accross to me.

Of course I feel we would all want the club to be a success, and having money to buy decent players to help you achieve that helps.  So if the option is to eat take-aways (the way things are now) or to have the money to be able to choose a take away or a la carte, then I choose the seond.  But only becauase our board cannot take us forward anymore.

Can I ask why as a fan you do not think we need investment at the club?  Have you not watched, as I have, over the past few years the decline?

I think he is probably the best man for the job,and I can''t stop thinking What if he were in control when we were qualiying for Europe in the Mike Walker days in stead of Chace, because that''s the time when we should have invested in players big time, but what did chase do SELL SELL SELL. Yes Cullum is a Loyal Norwich fan and will be the making of a good future, he will invest on players and he knows we have a manager to trust with funds and a manager to get us back up to the top league

[/quote]

This post is "little norwich" in a nutshell and to me it is this "it might not work so let`s not try" attitude which pervades the club that is the reason why smaller clubs such as the one down the road (we have the higher post-war average attendance) have been more successful than us.

With Cullum our club would at last have some drive and clout and i for one am really looking forward to him making life uncomfortable for these timid little folk who seem basically to be scared of the idea of success.

I completely think Mr Cullum has the clubs best interests at heart. I would welcome him as the majority shareholder with open arms tomorrow.

He is first and foremost a fan of the club and always has been. He has already said that this is one decision where he would let his heart rule his head. He knows that as a business venture he is not likely to make money out of the club. He is however in the position to do something which every football fan has dreamt of at some point in their lives: owning/having a controlling interest in their favourite football club.

He has the potential to make this club bigger than any of us ever imagined. Lets keep our fingers crossed and pray that it happens. Delia you have been simply amazing my darling but I am afraid Carrow Road has had a sort of stale smell around it for the past few years that it reminds me of the old crab pots down by the shore. Mr Cullum can the breath of fresh sea air we sorely need!

Dont get me wrong, Im not against investment of any nature, and i certainly have seen the decline of the club. My only point is, Cullum hasnt really done anything other than say he will give us loads of money, and he appears to have become the saviour. In previous years the current board have supported us in getting players like Huckerby, Marshall, Earnshaw, Ashton etc to come here and do a damn good job for the club, so why do you think they cant continue to do so? Granted we need more strengthening than 1 or 2 players but we''re coming off the back of 2 terrible years, so a climb back up will always take time. I just dont honestly believe that snapping up Mr Cullums money without a second thought is the greastest option going, Id much rather he came out with a bigger picture than a one dimensional ''Here''s loadsa money'' line.

[quote user="ryangarg"]Dont get me wrong, Im not against investment of any nature, and i certainly have seen the decline of the club. My only point is, Cullum hasnt really done anything other than say he will give us loads of money, and he appears to have become the saviour. In previous years the current board have supported us in getting players like Huckerby, Marshall, Earnshaw, Ashton etc to come here and do a damn good job for the club, so why do you think they cant continue to do so? Granted we need more strengthening than 1 or 2 players but we''re coming off the back of 2 terrible years, so a climb back up will always take time. I just dont honestly believe that snapping up Mr Cullums money without a second thought is the greastest option going, Id much rather he came out with a bigger picture than a one dimensional ''Here''s loadsa money'' line.
[/quote]

The point is that without serious investment we''ll struggle to do better than the bottom half of the championship, which means we lose more matches than we win, (which makes everyone miserable and destabilises the club), and even flirt with the prospect of relegation to League One. As more and more Championship clubs are snapped up by rich investors, we risk falling down the pecking order further and further each season. Cullum''s money now in Roeder''s hands ought to make us serious promotion contenders, or at least a decent championship side that regularly makes a top ten finish, winning more games than it loses. I know which I''d rather see.

The players you mention have been few and far between, not enough team building has been going on. Despite Marshall being heroic he can''t singlehandedly change our fortunes, Huckerby maybe did in our promotion year but the signings of Ashton and Earnshaw never amounted to much in terms of League position or success.

[quote user="ryangarg"]Dont get me wrong, Im not against investment of any nature, and i certainly have seen the decline of the club. My only point is, Cullum hasnt really done anything other than say he will give us loads of money, and he appears to have become the saviour. In previous years the current board have supported us in getting players like Huckerby, Marshall, Earnshaw, Ashton etc to come here and do a damn good job for the club, so why do you think they cant continue to do so? Granted we need more strengthening than 1 or 2 players but we''re coming off the back of 2 terrible years, so a climb back up will always take time. I just dont honestly believe that snapping up Mr Cullums money without a second thought is the greastest option going, Id much rather he came out with a bigger picture than a one dimensional ''Here''s loadsa money'' line.
[/quote]

We need an alternative to the status quo ryan because for the last 3 years we have stood still. In business there is a maxim that says if you are standing still you are actually going backwards because others are moving forward. This appears to be correct for our club at the moment.

I agree that the board needs to get certain assurances from PC regarding his plans, and I am sure they will ask the right questions - but for us as a football club this is a pivotal moment and we must make every effort (and concession if need be) to grasp the opportunity and at least try and lift ourselves back to the Prem.

If PC takes over and it fails, so be it - at least we will have given it a shot. I don''t think for a moment we would "lose" the club or any such scenario. Worst case would probably be relegation to League 1 which we were bloody close to last year anyway.

Mark .Y.

The cynic in me causes me to questions why, if he is a true fan, he hasn''t offered financial support previously.I guess only time will tell what his intentions are.