Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Thrilling stuff!! Gow given 48 hours to decide

GOOD JOB, Roeder!

Don''t start fooling around with players who don''t really wan,na come. Gow would be a good addition to the squad though...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He''s using us as bait......we don''t need this or him, trouble with a capital T if you ask me.[:|][/quote]

You don''t know that Wiz, he could just be genuinly "thinking it over", it''s a big move for him in his career, he also could have family etc etc

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He''s using us as bait......we don''t need this or him, trouble with a capital T if you ask me.[:|][/quote]

Dead right Wiz,

Looks as though he wants to be paid by us and them for the next two years !

These footballers get greedier and greedier by the day !

Well done Glenn we dont want to be p*ssing about with players who dont want to come to us.

would be a great signing if it happens, surely he doesnt think he can be a regular in the Rangers 1st team?!?!

I''m really disappointed, I thought Gow would jump at the chance to kick-start his career with us. I wouldn''t even give him the weekend, if he still wants to play for Rangers, then leave him be.

He hasn''t said No yet. At least he realises he has to make his mind up! Rangers obviously don''t want him and don''t want to pay him off either. Interesting that we will be paying him more than Rangers are now!

Norwich have given Rangers midfielder Alan Gow 48 hours to accept their offer. (Daily Record)

Well played Roeder i say!

Get the ball rolling quicker!

Sounds a bit like the agent trying to advise his client here.

If there`s any chance of a payoff then he would get his extra 10% too.

Not all footballers are mercenary but all agents are!!

You can hardly blame the guy for wanting to think about a life changing move can ya!

Its not like us when we change jobs. Same bus in to work or the same walk in is it! The guy is going to uproot and possibly move hundreds of miles away from all his friends and more importantly family. Ok they earn alot but you cant buy home comforts.

And if the club (Rangers) owe him money then he is entitled to it. Just because he earns more than us why should he ignore it? Would you walk away from a job that owed you a considerable amount of money? No.....didnt think so.....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

You can hardly blame the guy for wanting to think about a life changing move can ya!

Its not like us when we change jobs. Same bus in to work or the same walk in is it! The guy is going to uproot and possibly move hundreds of miles away from all his friends and more importantly family. Ok they earn alot but you cant buy home comforts.

And if the club (Rangers) owe him money then he is entitled to it. Just because he earns more than us why should he ignore it? Would you walk away from a job that owed you a considerable amount of money? No.....didnt think so.....

[/quote]

i have read that they will give him the money they owe him when a deal has been done for him to move away from Rangers

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Excellent post, it is a big descision.

His contract with Rangers will still be worth it''s value until  it''s end.ie he gets £10 grand a week we either agree to meet that in full or Rangers pay a bit (to get rid of him) and we make up the rest.What Roeder will be offering is something AFTER his Ranger contract expires. It seems we are not the only ones offering him a contract, it just appears we are offering the highest figure.It is natural for him and/or his agent to shop around. What Roeder has said is that offer is time limited. Which means Gow can''t put it in his back pocket, spend the next month or so looking around then come back to us in August and expect the offer to still be valid.If you can imagine the to-ing and fro-ing on this one contract then perhaps a few of the numpties on here (who are endlessly bleating about transfers) might like to take about the grief Roeder must have to deal with in trying to bring in a half dozen or so players.

ps perhaps we should do what the binner''s red faced buffoon used to do ...... " I say chappie, here''s one of these contract thingies, just fill it out and send it back, what ! "

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]His contract with Rangers will still be worth it''s value until  it''s end.

ie he gets £10 grand a week we either agree to meet that in full or Rangers pay a bit (to get rid of him) and we make up the rest.

What Roeder will be offering is something AFTER his Ranger contract expires. It seems we are not the only ones offering him a contract, it just appears we are offering the highest figure.

It is natural for him and/or his agent to shop around. What Roeder has said is that offer is time limited. Which means Gow can''t put it in his back pocket, spend the next month or so looking around then come back to us in August and expect the offer to still be valid.

If you can imagine the to-ing and fro-ing on this one contract then perhaps a few of the numpties on here (who are endlessly bleating about transfers) might like to take about the grief Roeder must have to deal with in trying to bring in a half dozen or so players.

ps perhaps we should do what the binner''s red faced buffoon used to do ...... " I say chappie, here''s one of these contract thingies, just fill it out and send it back, what ! "
[/quote]

Thanks for making that clear to this numpty Ralph ! er... I think....

To clarify ,Are you saying that (at present)we sign him for a fee then Rangers keep paying his wages for two years(when his Rangers contract should end) and ONLY THEN do we start paying him the wages now agreed upon by us ?

You obviously have an insight into these transactions and appear to know what you are talking about but with respect that don''t sound right to me somehow Ralph !

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]His contract with Rangers will still be worth it''s value until  it''s end.

ie he gets £10 grand a week we either agree to meet that in full or Rangers pay a bit (to get rid of him) and we make up the rest.

What Roeder will be offering is something AFTER his Ranger contract expires. It seems we are not the only ones offering him a contract, it just appears we are offering the highest figure.

It is natural for him and/or his agent to shop around. What Roeder has said is that offer is time limited. Which means Gow can''t put it in his back pocket, spend the next month or so looking around then come back to us in August and expect the offer to still be valid.

If you can imagine the to-ing and fro-ing on this one contract then perhaps a few of the numpties on here (who are endlessly bleating about transfers) might like to take about the grief Roeder must have to deal with in trying to bring in a half dozen or so players.

[/quote]

Good post.  I don''t think people always understand the nightmare to-ing and fro-ing in situations like this.  Which is why it is sensible for GR to do the 48-hour bit - there are other "Gow''s" out there I feel sure.

JimI don''t have any insight other that what I read. More than amazed how some of the numpties seem to go out of their way to avoid the blindingly obvious, so -Gow has a contract with Rangers. They have to pay him that agreed amount. At say £10 grand a week over 1 year that''s around half a million.They want rid of him but still are obliged to that half million We want him but don''t want to take on board that half million.That''s where the haggling begins. (The player might want to sit on the bench and pick up the half million. Downside being - he won''t command a high contract after that year not proving himself)As explained before we have no way of knowing who will pay up that contract.If the player is sought after the minimum fee will be a buy out of his contract. Those holding the contract will hold out for what they can with the Bosman ruling hanging over them (note Garvan has not signed yet)As it is always in the interest of both clubs to talk up the fees they are pretty meaningless when quoted. Remember the paupers squeaking about  Plug going to Arsenal for £6m. The amount received by the paupers was actually £2m. The rest, signing on fees to player and agent, projected clauses and the gullibility of most of the numpties to see transfers as little more complicated than spending their pocket money at the local sweet shop as so will swallow any old guff told them by the comics.Some transfers may fall simply to hold up your negotiating strength. Jokes aside some of what happened down the A140 was almost beyond belief. Any wonder that players such as Holland and the Herman chap went for next to nothing. (I think this was what Delia was laughing at). Would suggest that maybe one of the reasons the red faced buffoon has been dumped by Marcus Evans.In the semi feudal world of poorman road he was perhaps, looked upon with reverence - in the real world of business he is an incompetent clown.

I really do hope we get Gow - I do think he could be a revelation at this level. There aren''t many that can link the play like he could.