Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Maceo Rigters in talks.....

Oh and one more thing....You saw him play last season?  Are you referring to the 2nd half appearance against ColU?    So you judge a players ability on 20 mins, even though he set up a goal.    Bloody hell man, you are hard to please.I saw alot of Jamie lad last season, that told me all I needed to know about him and why we need as many new bloody strikers as we can get because Jamie aint getting us out of this league.  He can run on that treadmill alone all he likes but it wont help.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

its fair to say ur a plonker!!!

[/quote]

Wow! I''m impressed![:D]

[/quote]

you are aplonker, wheres your hard facts?? wheres this injury record??? your a class A prat.. you know it, we all know it...!!

he is a good footballer, with something to prove.. and with skill... something id rather like at our club...!!!

[/quote]

Oh charming!

He failed at Blackburn, and got injured here after just 2 games, those are facts I related to...........not your playground jibes[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Surprise, surprise, Wiz just disappears....[/quote]

What?........... from you?...........you''re in denial mate..............I''ve never disappeared or ducked a cyber fight ever. I''ve been catching up with other City sites and opinions.

I think its now fair to say we live in interesting times.

[/quote]
And that post confronts your comments about Rigters how? Come on, at least make an effort to justify your negative nonsense! What other injuries has he suffered in the last three years? Did you see his performances for Holland U21s last summer? Admit it, you know next to nothing about the guy.
[/quote]

I''ll tell you this, why, if he''s so hot, is no one else in for him?............... and watching him play for us last season told me all I really needed to know!

Next!

[/quote]

Yet more rubbish... He played a key part in two goals during his two fleeting appearances last season.

As for "no-one" being in for him, that''s nothing but guess work.

For the money we''d be getting a good quality player, IMO.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you are aplonker, wheres your hard facts?? wheres this injury record??? your a class A prat.. you know it, we all know it...!!

he is a good footballer, with something to prove.. and with skill... something id rather like at our club...!!!

[/quote]

Oh charming!

He failed at Blackburn, and got injured here after just 2 games, those are facts I related to...........not your playground jibes[:|]

[/quote]

Thats just unlucky, it doesnt make him a bad player because he got injured you fool! I suppose behind stuck behind the coveted Roque Santa Cruz and Benni McCarthy does make you a bad player!

So what will that make Jamie next yr Wiz if he is on the bench?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh charming!

[/quote]

Blackburn are a slightly different club to us (They''re in the Premiership) so to judge him on his performance there is not entirely a fair reflection on how he would get on playing for us.

Furthermore, those appearances for Blackburn were his first in English football. It takes time for players to bed in...

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

Yet more rubbish... He played a key part in two goals during his two fleeting appearances last season.

[/quote]

No its not.............how many did he score for Blackburn?...............I believe it was none!.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh charming!

[/quote]No need for the childish name-calling, agreed. Rigters had a bad year at Blackburn, granted, he couldn''t quite break through to the first team. Wiz, answer me this question directly, if you''d be so kind: Are you saying that Rigters is not good enough for this club, despite the fact he was top scorer at the European U21 Championships and won two MotM awards just one year ago?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

[/quote]

No its not.............how many did he score for Blackburn?...............I believe it was none!.

[/quote]

Considering that we were talking about his appearances "for us last season", I don''t really think that''s relevant?

To expect a player to come in from abroad and make an instant impact is unfair, particularly when Blackburn primarily employed him on the right wing when he did play. Combined, these two points can somewhat hinder a player''s effectiveness.

Of all the players we have been linked with during the window, Rigters is one of the most exciting. I really don''t understand where you''re coming from Wiz.

[quote user="Coelho"]
No need for the childish name-calling, agreed.

Rigters had a bad year at Blackburn, granted, he couldn''t quite break through to the first team. Wiz, answer me this question directly, if you''d be so kind: Are you saying that Rigters is not good enough for this club, despite the fact he was top scorer at the European U21 Championships and won two MotM awards just one year ago?
[/quote]

Err.............yes I am mate...............its my opinion..............but on here thats just cause for vebal assault it seems.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blackburn are a premiership club... in a harder league... how many starts did this guy have, it was in the cup if i remember rightly!!!

how many goals was peter crouch scoring before he came to Norwich???? errr none!!!

Are you really this blind?? or do u just love playing to the crowd??

OK I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU WIZ, WHO SHOULD WE SIGN....?? I TURN THIS QUESTION ON MANY AN IDIOT, AND THEY ALWAYS REFUSE TO ANSWER IT.... WILL YOU WIZ?, OR WILL YOU BE ABLE TO TELL ME WHO YOU THINK NORWICH SHOULD BUY?????? ID LIKE TO SEE YOUR OPINION!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Err.............yes I am mate...............its my opinion..............but on here thats just cause for vebal assault it seems.

[/quote]

I think the hole you dug yourself was claiming he was "injury prone"...

which you''ve still not backed up with any facts, even under pressure

from Paxman!!

Fair enough, everybody is entitled to their opinion, that is why it is called a forum afterall.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"]No need for the childish name-calling, agreed. Rigters had a bad year at Blackburn, granted, he couldn''t quite break through to the first team. Wiz, answer me this question directly, if you''d be so kind: Are you saying that Rigters is not good enough for this club, despite the fact he was top scorer at the European U21 Championships and won two MotM awards just one year ago?[/quote]

[/quote]To be fair, I think your opinion is causing verbal assault because it appears to be very hastily formed, based on almost no experience of having seen him play. I saw three Dutch games in the U21 Championships last summer, and he looked really dangerous - quick, powerful and direct. As someone mentioned, Blackburn played him out of position and he was behind Benni McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz, two excellent international strikers. I sincerely hope that we sign him, and I sincerely hope that you end up eating your words next season! [;)]Have to say, though, I would be making Ched Evans my number one priority if I had the kind of cash Cullum might invest.

Did you actually see him play against Col U Wiz? Because for the 15/20 mins he was on the pitch he looked like a quality player, strong, tough and with a lot of ability. He looked like the sort of player who with a few games could storm the Championship.

But like you say its all down to opinion, mine being that I would rather have someone like him up front, with age on his side, than a past-it Jamie Cureton. He has Norwich at heart maybe, but that is not enough to score 20+ goals a season. Cureton should have doubled the goal tally he ended up with last season, and if you don''t realise that, then I don''t really understand what you expect from the strikers at our club.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"]
No need for the childish name-calling, agreed.

Rigters had a bad year at Blackburn, granted, he couldn''t quite break through to the first team. Wiz, answer me this question directly, if you''d be so kind: Are you saying that Rigters is not good enough for this club, despite the fact he was top scorer at the European U21 Championships and won two MotM awards just one year ago?
[/quote]

[/quote]
To be fair, I think your opinion is causing verbal assault because it appears to be very hastily formed, based on almost no experience of having seen him play. I saw three Dutch games in the U21 Championships last summer, and he looked really dangerous - quick, powerful and direct. As someone mentioned, Blackburn played him out of position and he was behind Benni McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz, two excellent international strikers. I sincerely hope that we sign him, and I sincerely hope that you end up eating your words next season! [;)]

Have to say, though, I would be making Ched Evans my number one priority if I had the kind of cash Cullum might invest.
[/quote]

Good point. I too saw these games and he''s a player ive watched closely in the last couple of years. He is a very talented player and it is of the opinion in Holland that he is a Premier League player so if we do sign him then it is a real coup!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Coelho"]No need for the childish name-calling, agreed. Rigters had a bad year at Blackburn, granted, he couldn''t quite break through to the first team. Wiz, answer me this question directly, if you''d be so kind: Are you saying that Rigters is not good enough for this club, despite the fact he was top scorer at the European U21 Championships and won two MotM awards just one year ago?[/quote]

[/quote]No, your opinion is that he is very injury prone - then you invited all and sundry to check out his injury stats. It''s fair to assume that you''d already researched said injury problems to arrive at your opinion (or it would be if you were a normal, well balanced individual)Now, despite repeated requests to show us the information that led you to form your opinion, you cannot. Or will not. Either way, you''re not in possesion of many facts.Gordon Brown or David Cameron would give their right b*ll*ck to have you in their cabinet - and I don''t think theres a more damning reccomendation than that.So in summary: You talk nonsense, hearsay and plain made up guff. You refuse to admit when you''re wrong and keep trying to change the subject. Then you get all upset because "the big boys called me nasty names mummy!"Dear oh dear.

I think wiz has used his handy teleport spell because he appears to have suddenly gone!

No, he''ll be busy checking out the stats and facts on Rigters, including his injury list...

...then he''ll disregard them, come back on here, and tell us all that

Doherty''s new hair cut isn''t up to the job and he''ll be persuading

Smudger to mount a protest...

Well, by that logic... I predict that R Kelly will be President of the USA within the next ten years...

I''ve absolutely nothing to back this up, and no precedent set, but I''ve

had my say and will now let history take its course........... to prove

I''m self-righteous again!![;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Well, by that logic... I predict that R Kelly will be President of the USA within the next ten years...

I''ve absolutely nothing to back this up, and no precedent set, but I''ve

had my say and will now let history take its course........... to prove

I''m self-righteous again!![;)]

[/quote]I going to be more outragous - Nick Clegg will lead the Liberal Democratic Party to a stonking landslide victory at the next general election and the Tories will drop to third place.I alos have nothing to back this up, apart from wishful thinking.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And lo, it came to pass, that all the ''lets protect Delia at all costs'' brigade, joined hands in a last desperate attempt to save her arse.

[/quote]

sorry Evil Monkey but THIS QUOTE is my new signature[:D] classic