Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Sky Sports News claim Shola Ameobi is on the verge of signing

As the title says!! heard about 1 min ago!!!

Good News - Where the hell did we get £3m from though???

Were they just doing the transfer rumours thing from the papers, or was it the more reliable "Sky Sports understands that Shola Ameobi is on the verge of joining Norwich"?????

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

It''s gotta be happening, where there''s smoke there''s fire!!

[/quote]

Ok who''s the arsonist? [:|]

[/quote]

Maybe one of Wiz''s spells went wrong?

Anybody else see this? I''m not able to as my virgin media sport package has everything from sky sports and setanta apart from Sky Sports News. And Setanta sports news is no good.. so can anyone else confirm this is on at the minute?

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

It''s gotta be happening, where there''s smoke there''s fire!!

[/quote]

Ok who''s the arsonist? [:|]

[/quote]

Maybe one of Wiz''s spells went wrong?

[/quote]

Ya reckon, I guess he may have self combusted [:S]

Just spoken to my old man who has Sky Sports News on at work and he hasnt seen anything. Not saying that the origional poster is fibbing but i would have thought it would be one of the top news stories if it has happened

Only last week Sky Sports News were repoprting that Ipswich bid £3.5million for Ameobi and Newcastle had accepted it. He was ''on his way'' supposedly! Now it''s us. They''re just regurgitating what''s in the press. 

We''re obviously after him but I don''t think anyone can elaborate on that with hard facts!

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]Were they just doing the transfer rumours thing from the papers, or was it the more reliable "Sky Sports understands that Shola Ameobi is on the verge of joining Norwich"?????[/quote]

It was there, just in the transfer rumours section - just quoting the papers, nothing extra.

I guess ''on the verge'' is critical to remember. Couldn''t that simply mean we''re in talks with him/the club?

[quote user="hogesar"]I guess ''on the verge'' is critical to remember. Couldn''t that simply mean we''re in talks with him/the club?[/quote]I would imagine it meant advanced stages of talks. I.E. a fee had been agreed there is just the fine details to sort out. Or something similar to that.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="hogesar"]I guess ''on the verge'' is critical to remember. Couldn''t that simply mean we''re in talks with him/the club?
[/quote]
I would imagine it meant advanced stages of talks. I.E. a fee had been agreed there is just the fine details to sort out. Or something similar to that.
[/quote]

On the other hand it could be complete b**ll*x to fill up a lack any actual hard facts [:(]

I am sure either way we will find out soon enough.  If we have signed him then I would say the Club has more money than Doomcaster has led us to believe.

The club hasn''t got any money but certain directors have, Doncaster did say any money would have to come from directors or outside sources and that seems to be the thing that most have overlooked when they say that we don''t have money. The club is at a stage where money simply has to be found from somewhere, otherwise it is perfectly possible we could get relegated to league 1 and beyond and the value of the club would plummet meaning Delia and co would then lose out big time.

skysports is norm pretty good at getting storys right.. however didnt doncaster say were not going to sign Ameobi?!?

see todays evening news...

I have just seen the report on there... its on there section of transfer news.... the story is from the daily mail... they even mention that on the story

[quote user="rossco2121"]

skysports is norm pretty good at getting storys right.. however didnt doncaster say were not going to sign Ameobi?!?

see todays evening news...

[/quote]

No he is not quoted as saying anything about Ameobi, unless the Evening News is something different to Cuffley''s BS article?

[quote user="BarmyYarmy"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Ab-sooooooooooo-lutely bugger all on the SSN main transfer news...........relax...........it ain''t happening........thank God!.[/quote]

If it does will you eat your pointy hat?!?!

[/quote]

Of course BY..............and shove my wand where the sun doesn''t shine too![:D]

Blimey Wiz, be careful what you''re saying - the hysteria on here at the moment might indicate that things are happening Ameobi-wise.    Your post could come back to haunt you (like the one where you said you were off and weren''t coming back!) [;)]

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Blimey Wiz, be careful what you''re saying - the hysteria on here at the moment might indicate that things are happening Ameobi-wise.    Your post could come back to haunt you (like the one where you said you were off and weren''t coming back!) [;)]
[/quote]

Or do you remember my "We won''t sign Ashton!" post mate?.

I''ve got to admit you''ve got plenty of front me old, bearded magical mystery man...and I suppose that this board would be a lot blander without all the blood & thunder that you cause!!!! [:D]