Sign in to follow this  
hailtothechimp

Andrew (don't call me Andy) Cole

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Cole became our next signing. I wouldn''t be best pleased with the signing as I don''t see what it is Cole could offer that we don''t already have in Cureton. However, there''s no doubt he had a reasonableish time at Burnley and adds experience to a squad that lacks it.[/quote]

I would think that after several hundred appearances and a couple hundred goals at the top level of football he''s probably got something about him that Cureton hasn''t.

But has he got the hunger?

[quote user="jimbob"]

Andy Cole it was, he is at the club now.  

[/quote]oh for the love of God. Why Glenn? for the love of small animals...........WWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I wouldn''t be

surprised if Cole became our next signing. I wouldn''t be best

pleased with the signing as I don''t see what it is Cole could offer

that we don''t already have in Cureton. However, there''s no doubt he had

a reasonableish time at Burnley and adds experience to a squad that

lacks it.[/quote]

I would think that after several hundred appearances and a couple

hundred goals at the top level of football he''s probably got something

about him that Cureton hasn''t.

[/quote]

Hunger''s not always a good thing... John Hartson had the Hunger.... ''nuff said!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I wouldn''t be

surprised if Cole became our next signing. I wouldn''t be best

pleased with the signing as I don''t see what it is Cole could offer

that we don''t already have in Cureton. However, there''s no doubt he had

a reasonableish time at Burnley and adds experience to a squad that

lacks it.[/quote]

I would think that after several hundred appearances and a couple

hundred goals at the top level of football he''s probably got something

about him that Cureton hasn''t.

[/quote]

Hunger''s not always a good thing... John Hartson had the Hunger.... ''nuff said![/quote]lol yeah hunger for KFC, McDonalds and market chips..........

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Right - time for some detective work then. That description does fit Hoolahan and Bell so you are sure it wasn''t one of them? If not then how about any of these:

http://www.scunthorpe-united.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10442~37736,00.html

http://www.4thegame.com/club/aberdeen-fc/player-profile/28188/barrynicholson.html

http://www.hartlepoolunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10326~33414,00.html

[/quote]

Ha ha!  No mate, it wasn''t any of them!  I am killing myself as if I was reading this I would be thinking ''what a clown, how do you not know who he was''!

He was really non-descript and to be honest I was so shocked at being faced by that weirdo Doncaster followed by Andy Cole that I paid him little attention. 

One of those scenarios where you kick yourself afterwards but I guess it will be revealed when Cole gets presented to the media and if this other chap is another signing, he''ll be there aswell...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Cole became our next signing. I wouldn''t be best pleased with the signing as I don''t see what it is Cole could offer that we don''t already have in Cureton. However, there''s no doubt he had a reasonableish time at Burnley and adds experience to a squad that lacks it.[/quote]

I would think that after several hundred appearances and a couple hundred goals at the top level of football he''s probably got something about him that Cureton hasn''t.

[/quote]

Hunger''s not always a good thing... John Hartson had the Hunger.... ''nuff said!
[/quote]

Shame that was, if he''d have been able to keep himself in shape he''d have been a quality player for us.

I dont think people should take too much notice of this YET....

All three people who claim to have seen him started with a person with 5 posts who also said in the past that Evans is allowed to move to Norwich for £1.5m (if you search his name) and since then two new users have registered saying Cole has been seen at the club.

I could be wrong, but its still suspicious.

Also anyone notice that these three posts have came after Good News Gordon is apparently in London, me think its him!

You always have to be wary of them with little post counts but I have a sinking feeling we will be signing this has-been :(

I aint gonna knock a signing before hes played a few games for us, but Andy Cole didn''t really show too much for Burnley... We will see. I sincerely hope we get extra striker(s) even if it is him - i wouldn''t want to rely on him. As for the other bloke, maybe GNG was right - just a day late... few apologies may be in order... on the other hand might be good guessing... I don''t know what to think!!... About anything!...

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]You always have to be wary of them with little post counts but I have a sinking feeling we will be signing this has-been :([/quote]That''s what people said about Dublin. Cole''s goalscoring record is outstanding. I''d rather we signed a younger player, but if he does sign then you certainly can''t argue with his goalscoring instinct.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

All three people who claim to have seen him started with a person with 5 posts who also said in the past that Evans is allowed to move to Norwich for £1.5m (if you search his name) and since then two new users have registered saying Cole has been seen at the club.

Also anyone notice that these three posts have came after Good News Gordon is apparently in London, me think its him!

[/quote]

Who knows. Someone randomly posted on the official site this morning that they had seen Cole at the airport around the same time as the original post on here saying the same thing. Guess it means either:

1. The wind-up merchants are at work; or

2. he really was at the airport and several people saw him and then felt they should register on here to deliver the news.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Whatever else you think about what I''ve put, I think its clear from the fact that I can write without hitting caps lock that Im not Gordon!!!

Time will show, he''s at the club today... my mate who''s a chef at Delia''s texted me to say he''s been seen aswell.  Ask me a question about Social Housing if you done believe I work for the Housing Assoc. based in the Jarrold stand!!!

What ever people say about Cole''s attitude and workrate, but that is not his game, he is a goal poacher and will get goals, he will also add experience to the side that we will need

He done not much at Burnley but still scored 6 in 13, in my view if we signed him he will still score goals at that sort of ratio  and I think he would be a great signing, but only if he is used as impact sub and starting a few games along side a younger striker who has build up play to his game.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="NCFC_Thain"]You always have to be wary of them with little post counts but I have a sinking feeling we will be signing this has-been :([/quote]That''s what people said about Dublin. Cole''s goalscoring record is outstanding. I''d rather we signed a younger player, but if he does sign then you certainly can''t argue with his goalscoring instinct.[/quote]Let''s hope lighting strikes twice but I can''t see it happening but I couldn''t when Dion signed either.

May as well put an ad in the papers , Wanted Out Of  Contract Footballers For Totally Skint Football Club .My god if this is true just how low are this club going to sink . Old has been waste of space but used to play for the Toon , Roeder seems to be a one trick pony .

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]May as well put an ad in the papers , Wanted Out Of  Contract Footballers For Totally Skint Football Club .My god if this is true just how low are this club going to sink . Old has been waste of space but used to play for the Toon , Roeder seems to be a one trick pony .
[/quote]

And you sound like a broken record.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]May as well put an ad in the papers , Wanted Out Of  Contract Footballers For Totally Skint Football Club .My god if this is true just how low are this club going to sink . Old has been waste of space but used to play for the Toon , Roeder seems to be a one trick pony .
[/quote]

Like I put in another post, this isn''t Champ Manager... I''d love us to be signing proven Premiership quality players who are at the top of their game but have we got the resources to do so?

Being realistic, I''d be interested to know who you would like to see us go for?

at the end of the day if we do get cole it wont b a bad signing. Roeder obviously knows the difference between a good and bad player a lot better than us......

if we do get cole we cant rely on him we also need a quick striker to play alongside him. we cannot rely on this guy, but he would be a bad signing!!!!

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

at the end of the day if we do get cole it wont b a bad signing. Roeder obviously knows the difference between a good and bad player a lot better than us......

if we do get cole we cant rely on him we also need a quick striker to play alongside him. we cannot rely on this guy, but he would be a bad signing!!!!

[/quote]

So what''s your final decision? Would Cole be a good or bad signing? I think may be you need an interpreter or a proofreader or both.

Just to add to the mix I have also had a text from a mate this afternoon (who I would regard as reliable) saying that Andy Cole was seen at Carrow Road today.

Seem to be a lot of smoke with this one!

My next door neighbour works in Yellows.  Today, in there he saw Andy Cole having a meal with Lee Clark.  Not the best place I could imagine for food, especially on the money they are on, and also as a place to wine and dine a possible target, but they were at least close enough for Clark to then take Cole on a stadium tour.

Cole has been mentioned on here and in the papers before, but this time it seems a definate possibilty now.  I wouldn''t be surprised if he signs for us in the next few days, or at least has a medical.  I wonedr what sort of wages he is on nowadays?

If that''s true....not quite sure what to make of that. With the right service, he might be able to grab a few goals. On the other hand, he could be past his best. Have to wait and see I guess.

Yes, just seen that myself. He''s very, very reliable. As for Andy Cole, have to say I have my doubts about him, but he is a talented striker with a great eye for goal and the experience he brings to the squad will be very valuable.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

I must apologise for doubting the rumours before, but this person from wotb has predicted Alex Pearce, Nick Henry before they came, and also Rasiak before it fell through of course

You can check his posts below:

http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/board/index.php?username=wayne%20chris%20biggins

[/quote]

Um, I dont mean to nit-pick but isn''t it James Henry!

Dion was slated when he arrived and left a hero, on that basis I''ll reserve judgment until we have seen what he has left to offer if he comes here.