Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Will we ever see anyone as exciting again?

This isnt another resign Hucks post, but was watching this clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRPGhZfsOIAnd couldnt help wondering if we will see anyone as exciting again in the near future?  Towards the end he had lost some of the production, but you could never deny that he was the player most likely to get you out of your seat.  I cant help fearing that due to current money and scarcity of players as loyal and talented as Hucks, that we may become a good team, gaining promotion again, but that we wont see anyone as exciting for sometime.Hucks you are a legend.

[quote user="gissing canary"]This isnt another resign Hucks post, but was watching this clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRPGhZfsOIAnd couldnt help wondering if we will see anyone as exciting again in the near future?  Towards the end he had lost some of the production, but you could never deny that he was the player most likely to get you out of your seat.  I cant help fearing that due to current money and scarcity of players as loyal and talented as Hucks, that we may become a good team, gaining promotion again, but that we wont see anyone as exciting for sometime.Hucks you are a legend.[/quote]you''ll get me going again [:(]

For goodness sake, get over it.  Huck''s has been released he''s not coming back to play for us, end of story.  He''s a legend but he''s gone.

Of course we will see someone as good again, we''ve had several greats over the years - Sutton, Peters, etc etc and we will have more in the future!

I can''t imagine Norwich have had too many more exciting players than Hucks. Both my father and I regard him to be the most exciting player we''ve seen play for Norwich.

He''s a fantastic player and I really hope Glenn brings in players who can hit the highs that Hucks did.

Not for a while I suspect!

S*it decision Glen and yes I''ve moved on but moving on doesn''t change facts!

If we get Hoolahan, then I think he could light the place up.  And who knows, the Clingan boy might be the next Chippy.  There is different sorts of exciting, Mark Robins was exciting in his own way as was Sutton.  Bellamy always lifted the crowd, so did Mark Rivers on occasions.  Hucks was class, the emphasis on the was.  He is 32 now, the head probably still had the tricks but the legs (and hip) were lacking the pace to match.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]How do you know it''s a bad decision?  Has next season started yet?  Thought not![/quote]

A team who can''t/or more likely don''t want to spend money, with a pencil thin weak squad lets one of its best ever players go who would of stayed for less money and still had much to offer for one to three seasons.

Sounds like a bad decision to me and yes I''ve realised next season hasn''t started!

If we sign Andy Cole which sounds quite likely then that will make the Huckerby release even more baffling!

Nigel Worthington September 2006 - Chris Sutton not good enough for a struggling Championship team but is still good enough to play for a team that came 7th in the Premiership the very same year!

cos i sit on the right hand side of the lower barclay (facing the pitch) i used to get great views of hucks doing his stuff up the left wing when attacking the barclay...he will stick in my memory for a long time...what a great player, and a common good man who wasn''t afraid to speak up for the truth as he saw it - but which then probably got him the chop and shabbily treated at the end>><i''m sure we''ll get another hero on the pitch - but as honest and selfless off it???

Not for a while I suspect.

Hucks had everything - skill, pace, the right winning attitude - off the pitch he was just like one of us, a very modest man who LOVED the club. His status amongst fans was hugely increased by the way he would speak out on our behalf - and he''s now bought a season ticket. Who was the last player who did that?

Have I got over his departure, no. Will I? No. Despite the fact there will be class players following on from his departure makes no difference to the fact that he was shabbily treated.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Not for a while I suspect. Hucks had everything - skill, pace, the right winning attitude - off the pitch he was just like one of us, a very modest man who LOVED the club. His status amongst fans was hugely increased by the way he would speak out on our behalf - and he''s now bought a season ticket. Who was the last player who did that? Have I got over his departure, no. Will I? No. Despite the fact there will be class players following on from his departure makes no difference to the fact that he was shabbily treated.[/quote]

Spot on.

You won''t see his like again.

I agree with Gazza, think it will be quite some time until we get another player like Hucks who gets legend status from us fans. I still haven''t got over the shabby way he was treated and its left a sour taste in my mouth which just won''t go away.

Hopefully my enthusiam will return in August when I see the new lineup but at the moment I''m still feeling bruised.

[quote user="gissing canary"]This isnt another resign Hucks post, but was watching this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRPGhZfsOI

And couldnt help wondering if we will see anyone as exciting again in the near future?  Towards the end he had lost some of the production, but you could never deny that he was the player most likely to get you out of your seat.  I cant help fearing that due to current money and scarcity of players as loyal and talented as Hucks, that we may become a good team, gaining promotion again, but that we wont see anyone as exciting for sometime.

Hucks you are a legend.

[/quote]

Get over it please he''s gone and not coming back end of.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Not for a while I suspect. Hucks had everything - skill, pace, the right winning attitude - off the pitch he was just like one of us, a very modest man who LOVED the club. His status amongst fans was hugely increased by the way he would speak out on our behalf - and he''s now bought a season ticket. Who was the last player who did that? Have I got over his departure, no. Will I? No. Despite the fact there will be class players following on from his departure makes no difference to the fact that he was shabbily treated.[/quote]

Spot on.

[/quote]

Do Ithink we''ll ever see the like of Hucks again ?

No.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

[quote user="gissing canary"]This isnt another resign Hucks post, but was watching this clip:

And couldnt help wondering if we will see anyone as exciting again in the near future?  Towards the end he had lost some of the production, but you could never deny that he was the player most likely to get you out of your seat.  I cant help fearing that due to current money and scarcity of players as loyal and talented as Hucks, that we may become a good team, gaining promotion again, but that we wont see anyone as exciting for sometime.

Hucks you are a legend.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chill out.  He''s probably not coming back.  That doesn''t mean we''re not allowed to mention him.  Does it?

If it upsets you for whatever reason, go away and deal with yourself.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Spot on.

[/quote]

Lol... well don''t forget we had Dion too Ricardo & Gazza...

It seems like everybody gets legendary status nowadays [:D]

Hucks was a great player and a true gent... was a poor decision by Roeder and the club.... and their efforts to build a squad for the coming season so far have been a joke.

If they thought the last two seasons were difficult then they best close their eyes for the one coming up!!!

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

Hucks you are a legend.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chill out.  He''s probably not coming back.  That doesn''t mean we''re not allowed to mention him.  Does it?

[/quote]

Hoepfully he will come back in some capacity one day... when this useless board and useless manager of ours are long gone...  [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

Spot on.

[/quote]

Lol... well don''t forget we had Dion too Ricardo & Gazza...

It seems like everybody gets legendary status nowadays [:D]

Hucks was a great player and a true gent... was a poor decision by Roeder and the club.... and their efforts to build a squad for the coming season so far have been a joke.

If they thought the last two seasons were difficult then they best close their eyes for the one coming up!!!

[/quote]

Seen some good''uns over the years Smudge. Peters, O''Neil, Davies, Crook all were probably better footballers than Huckerby but I''ve never seen anyone who could engender so much excitement and anticipation when he recieved the ball.

I repeat that I don''t think we will see his like again. Would love to be proved wrong though.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Spot on.

[/quote]

I think you are probably right Dick, the air of expectancy when Hux received the ball , you had to be there to apreciate it , I have only once encountered this before in my supporting of Norwich City and that was when Jimmy Hill received the ball ,  the best player I ever saw play for Norwich City and there will never be a doubt in my mind .He was awesome Dick. arrdee. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

Hucks you are a legend.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hoepfully he will come back in some capacity one day... when this useless board and useless manager of ours are long gone...  [;)]

[/quote]

Is that the same useless manager that took us from bottom of the league and saved us from relegation? the same one you said would get us relegated?

Your a joke and have no credibility!

Sod off!