Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Doncaster away game - why are we playing on Friday night?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]G.G''s at Doncaster race course? Hardly a reason for football to move to a Friday night?[/quote]

It was at the request of Pc Plod - similar fixture change Doncaster v Derby.

Donny never play at home is there is racing on the same day.

the whole town isnt big enough for both events

but will make a good weekend tho, football and racing! 

So which police force is it this time that can''t handle the football on a Saturday?  South Yorkshire? It''s not as if we are hooligans!!!

If they are forcing a kick off on Friday then Doncaster should consider making the kick off later, like 8.30pm  to give the away fans a chance to get to the game.

i might be wrong but it may have something to do with SKY, i believe last season they were keen on championship and lower league matches to be screened live on friday nights.

Sky don''t do as many Friday night Champ games as they did a couple of years ago since they now have the old Monday Night Football slot to fill. Doubt this game will be on TV.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

There have been a few Friday Night games that were on SKY last season, so im guessing its because of that!

[/quote]

if its on SKY then we''ve already lost [:''(] can someone tell me the last time we won when playing on skysports?

I honestly have no idea

[quote user="C.T"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

There have been a few Friday Night games that were on SKY last season, so im guessing its because of that!

[/quote]

if its on SKY then we''ve already lost [:''(] can someone tell me the last time we won when playing on skysports?

I honestly have no idea

[/quote]Plymouth at home October-ish 2005, 2-0 win, Doumbe OG and Ashton. Apart from that our record ain''t great.

Surely the intelligent thing to do would to either:A) Factor the racing into things prior to preparing the fixture list.B) If it is possible to, swap the fixtures around so we play them away when we are sheduled to play at home and vice versa.I sometimes wonder that if the FA had intelligence they might try for something dangerous like world domination.

[quote user="chicken"]Surely the intelligent thing to do would to either:

A) Factor the racing into things prior to preparing the fixture list.

B) If it is possible to, swap the fixtures around so we play them away when we are sheduled to play at home and vice versa.

I sometimes wonder that if the FA had intelligence they might try for something dangerous like world domination.
[/quote]

Pc Plod''s thoughts have absolute priority in the Prem/FL thinking - even above Sky.  And if Pc Plod doesn''t want the game on a Saturday then it won''t be on a Saturday.

[quote user="No News Nick"][quote user="C.T"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

[/quote]

I honestly have no idea

[/quote]

Plymouth at home October-ish 2005, 2-0 win, Doumbe OG and Ashton. Apart from that our record ain''t great.
[/quote]

cheers mate[Y]

Re: Doncaster away game - why are we playing on Friday night?

Because our Doncaster, is off to see the Sugababes on the Saturday.......maybe?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Re: Doncaster away game - why are we playing on Friday night?

Because our Doncaster, is off to see the Sugababes on the Saturday.......maybe?

[/quote]

[:D]

Donny races get crowds of 25,000 plus - football less than 10  and they have always played on Friday nights when there is a clash . I have no problem with it at all

Racing is bigger in Doncastor than the football is therefore it gets the saturday slot and the football changes to Friday.

[quote user="Babyface"]

Was n''t the Man U game on Sky? Ashton and McKenzie, great great day.

[/quote]Yeah it was PPV on Prem Plus, remember watching it, £7 well spent.

Hmm the Friday off work, football friday night, racing saturday followed by a few beers in Donnie and trundle back Sunday. I reckon that''s a damn good weekend by the look of it!

Maybe if we wish loadly enouth all at the same time sky might decide to show our match! last year we where team with only 3 matches that where on TV.. all the other had lots more shown! Having to wait 2 monthsin to the new season to have a match on TV is not right!so let hope we can have this one shown!

[quote user="chicken"]Surely the intelligent thing to do would to either:A) Factor the racing into things prior to preparing the fixture list.B) If it is possible to, swap the fixtures around so we play them away when we are sheduled to play at home and vice versa.I sometimes wonder that if the FA had intelligence they might try for something dangerous like world domination. [/quote]Chicken, if you read this:http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1329432,00.htmlit doesn''t sound quite that simple. Swapping home and away does sound like a good idea, but I guess it could clash with the club "pairings" i.e. Ipswich and us aren''t supposed to both be at home at the same time, which would then have a knock-on effecton something else and so on...

At the end of the day, it''s the fault of the pillock who arranged the fixtures, they didn''t bother to look at the raceing fixtures before they penned it in,and as you can''t have two sporting events at the same time they decided to move us, No flood lights at the race course   

For once an evening fixture that I can get too.  Live nr Selby so this is now my closest fixture and easy to get to.  All the other teams, Scunthorpe, Hull and Leeds, are not in the Championship this year.  This will be a dam site easier than travelling back from Carrow Road each week..  and a lot cheaper. (for me anyway!)