Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Martin Patterson £1.3m bid accepted from Burnley.

[quote user="ncfclad"]I wonder if he is one of the players that Roeder is interested in.[/quote]

More to the point.....Where did Burnley get £1.3 million from? Has Alastair Campbell given them a loan?

theyve got £3.5m from the sale of Lafferty. Which in its self is ridiculous for an average championship striker.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="ncfclad"]I wonder if he is one of the players that Roeder is interested in.[/quote]

More to the point.....Where did Burnley get £1.3 million from? Has Alastair Campbell given them a loan?

[/quote]

Sold Lafferty for £4 million this week.

[quote user="DonnysDoom"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Sold Lafferty for £4 million this week.

[/quote]

And who have we sold over the last 3 seasons for a substantial profit?........And replaced them with, who?

[quote user="ncfclad"]

theyve got £3.5m from the sale of Lafferty. Which in its self is ridiculous for an average championship striker.

[/quote]Lafferty is better than that, at the moment I would say that is not a bad price at all.

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Lafferty is better than that, at the moment I would say that is not a bad price at all.
[/quote]

Are you joking? I hope so.

Patterson isn''t that great to be honest, I''m not sure whether Glenn would have been after him anyway.

I bet most Burnley fans wouldnt swap him for old Cole though would they ? .

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

I''d have to agree with that. He''s decent but nothing special. Seems a bit overrated.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

I''d have to agree with that. He''s decent but nothing special. Seems a bit overrated.

[/quote]

I personally thought John Hartson - was massively overeated......[pi][B]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trying so hard to be witty and the center of attention, he''s breaking all the laws of grammar and even coining new words. Bless!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trying so hard to be witty and the center of attention, he''s breaking all the laws of grammar and even coining new words. Bless!

[/quote]

Thanks for that.....I''ll certainly have to try much harder to be wittier than you.....won''t I.[|-)]

''Marshmello Man''.... There you go, now you can get them rollin'' in the aisles.....

[quote user="DonnysDoom"]Of course not Roeder would never admit to missing out on one of his targets .[/quote]

I''m a supporter of Roeders but I have to admit that since hes not named any targets (sensible thing to do really ) he can always claim not to have missed out on targets.

For £1.3m, I''m glad if we do miss out. Ridiculous fee for an average Championship (though technically League One) striker; though if Lafferty is worth £3.5m then I suppose Patterson is worth £1.3m. And Kevin Phillips is worth £12m

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]For £1.3m, I''m glad if we do miss out. Ridiculous fee for an average Championship (though technically League One) striker; though if Lafferty is worth £3.5m then I suppose Patterson is worth £1.3m. And Kevin Phillips is worth £12m[/quote]

I agree, £1.3m is ridiculous. He''s not worth that much, considering he scored less than Curo last season. I know he''s got age on his side but... well... who knows.

A player is worth what someone is willing to pay for him. So i guess he''s worth £1.3m

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]For £1.3m, I''m glad if we do miss out. Ridiculous fee for an average Championship (though technically League One) striker; though if Lafferty is worth £3.5m then I suppose Patterson is worth £1.3m. And Kevin Phillips is worth £12m[/quote]

I agree, £1.3m is ridiculous. He''s not worth that much, considering he scored less than Curo last season. I know he''s got age on his side but... well... who knows.

A player is worth what someone is willing to pay for him. So i guess he''s worth £1.3m

Makes Ameobi seem a bargain at £2m going to £3m. I thought we were daft to offer £850k in jan. I''d rather see Maynard or Beckford at the club for that sort of money. I realise you have to pay big money for strikers, but what has patterson really done to warrant that sort of fee?

[quote user="ncfclad"]I wonder if he is one of the players that Roeder is interested in.[/quote]yeah i think he was...also people - i agree £1.3m for M.Patterson seems steep - and possibly £3-4m for lafferty, but these sales are setting out the stall for the value of players this window.  can we compete with other champs sides for players commanding such fees??? i doubt it...our bid for taylor in early jan window was undervalued, and its clear if we get in a bidding war with other clubs for players - we''re unlikely to come out on top.  i''m resigned to freebies, loans and contract clause buy-outs as targets - cos thats realistically all we can afford, but i was heartened by the quality of recruits we got in early on during roeders reign.  one thing is for sure, rodey won''t allow himself to be put into the same posi again at the end of the jan window - shafted by the likes of wenger and coppell to take on their young boys...make no mistake!!!  if doncasters back hole is nibbling at his budget - and leaving him unable to properly recruit, imo roedy would walk rather than bring a load of plums here that  had league 1 here we come written all over them>><

Patterson would be a massive gamble at £1.3M, hes not that great!

Laffertys not worth nowhere near £4M!

It''s unlikely that we''re in for him, as soon as a transfer fee goes above 500k we disappear from the scene. I can''t believe that he''d choose Burnley over us if we were interested, he obviously likes to play in front of thousands of empty seats every week.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Makes Ameobi seem a bargain at £2m going to £3m. I thought we were daft to offer £850k in jan. I''d rather see Maynard or Beckford at the club for that sort of money. I realise you have to pay big money for strikers, but what has patterson really done to warrant that sort of fee?[/quote]

Maynard and Beckford will both cost £2m+, not 850k. Unfortunately for those clubs with no money, the market is quite inflated this summer.

I agree, the prices are going to be massively inflated, it seems like most clubs are after similar if not the same players. I hope we have found some money from somewhere to be able to compete, mind you Roeder seemed confident.

This season''s £1.3m - is last season''s £750,000.....

If you want something decent, you have to pay slightly over the odds....

It says £1m on the BBC website. Why arent we rumoured to be anywhere near this action when we were linked to him a while back?Yet another target will pass us by. This will be the trend, we will miss out on all our first choice targets as we always do and end up with players nobody else wants. That is why we dont sign anyone til the last couple of weeks.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="DonnysDoom"]Of course not Roeder would never admit to missing out on one of his targets .[/quote]

I''m a supporter of Roeders but I have to admit that since hes not named any targets (sensible thing to do really ) he can always claim not to have missed out on targets.

[/quote]

Agreed... As I said on another thread,  Roeder has both admitted to bidding and losing out on McCourt, but still says he hasnt missed out on any targets.

If a player we bid on isnt a target... what is?

According to Scunthorpe it''s £1mil with £300,000 based on appearences and a 20% sell on clause. To me, that''s over priced for a player who while started like a house on fire, ended very disappointingly.To put it in perspective, would two Patersons equal a Robert Earnshaw? Would you pay that when for only £200,000 more you could have got a Slyvan Ebanks Blake or a Freddy Eastwood?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

This season''s £1.3m - is last season''s £750,000.....

If you want something decent, you have to pay slightly over the odds....

[/quote]

Well said Mello... £1.3 million is absolute peanuts for a striker in todays current climate.

While we have people taliking about £1.3 million being spent on one player as a lot of money at Carrow Road the we have little hope of challenging at the right end of the Championship.