Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Ameobi deal might still happen

United striker to reject £3.5m move

Staying at St James''s? ... Shola Ameobi.

WANTED man Shola Ameobi is expected to shun a transfer move away from Newcastle United.

The striker has already rejected a move to Stoke City, and his reluctance to give Ipswich Town an answer over their recent £3.5m bid has seen the Portman Road outfit ready to pull the plug on any deal.

United fear that, should the 26-year-old keep turning moves down then his transfer value will decrease, and that could open the door again for Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder to revive his interest in a player he rates highly from his spell as Newcastle manager.

Good boy Shola.

Don''t really care what he did or didn''t do at Stoke. They''re a naff side anyways (yes, I am aware they got promoted).

I''d love to see him at Norwich if we get a good deal for him.

More proof, if any were needed, that players determine their own destiny in the modern game.  It''s never been as important as it is now to have a well connected manager, who has the potential to bring big names into a club.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

More proof, if any were needed, that players determine their own destiny in the modern game.  It''s never been as important as it is now to have a well connected manager, who has the potential to bring big names into a club.

[/quote]

Spot on Blah, after all why didn''t Taylor go to QPR when they had offered more money than we had?

To be honest i am glad as i didn''t want him. Even at a million i think he wouldn''t be much good to you. You could get 2 decent players for that as seen by Hoolahan (if you have got him.) Ameobi has a poor goals record and is injury prone and it sounds to me that football is not his motivation but money is. Hoolahan on the other hand sounds like a totally different player as i bet there was more than you lot after him. Losing Ameobi sounds good for both of us. I just pray we don''t go back.

[quote]Ameobi has a poor goals record and is injury prone and it sounds to me that football is not his motivation but money is.[/quote]

If that were true he''d be on Premiership wages at Stoke by now.  I do wonder if we''ll end up getting Ameobi on loan, all he has to do is keep knocking back offers.  That said I''m not impressed with his record so far, but Roeder has managed to get him to perform in the past.

At least your lot know there''s money to be spent I guess, you''d have to ask if that''s a good thing "bargaining position"-wise...

That depends on how much Stoke are paying though i would think they won''t go mad as we did when we gave out stupid contracts. Ameobi is either waiting for a prem club to come in and match his wages or he will stay at Newcastle but go out on loan still collecting his money. Players will not commit to clubs like ours until next month when they realise time is running out and then the club paying the highest wage will win in most cases.

On the BBC website:

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi''s proposed move to Ipswich could fall through as he waits for a Premier League lifeline. (Press Association 1435 BST)

He may come to Norwich but i''d be very surprised...

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]Would you want him though. His wages would probably get you 2 loan players.[/quote]

Ask me that next May when I know how many he''s scored [:)]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Speaking of Taylor, is that 100% dead? Or do we have a shot landing him?[/quote]

he''s signing tommorow ;)

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Speaking of Taylor, is that 100% dead? Or do we have a shot landing him?[/quote]

he''s signing tommorow ;)

jas :)

[/quote]

classic Jas [Y]

Quite simply the player does not want to play for the scum and would love to come here. If a deal can''t be agreed for him to come here, he wants a move to a premiership team.

Come on city sort out a deal for the lad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Quite simply the player does not want to play for the scum and would love to come here. If a deal can''t be agreed for him to come here, he wants a move to a premiership team.

Come on city sort out a deal for the lad!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]What with shirt buttons we are broke ,so any chance of buying 2 million plus players is fantasy talk.

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="colneycanary"]Quite simply the player does not want to play for the scum and would love to come here. If a deal can''t be agreed for him to come here, he wants a move to a premiership team. Come on city sort out a deal for the lad!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

What with shirt buttons we are broke ,so any chance of buying 2 million plus players is fantasy talk.
[/quote]How do you know we are broke? Are you on the board?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="colneycanary"] [/quote]What with shirt buttons we are broke ,so any chance of buying 2 million plus players is fantasy talk.[/quote]How do you know we are broke? Are you on the board?[/quote]No ,but i bet i ain''t too far out ,i don''t see us buying too many million plus players.

If we don''t buy a few million pound players we will get relegated next year and then we will be even more broke.

Beaker/Bunsen - you realise imitation is the highest form of flattery?

Do you really miss old Wolfie that much that you pretend to be him? Everyone knows the real we8wba has many more posts, as he''s constantly on here!