Sign in to follow this  
chelmsfordyellow

Roeder putting the board under pressure

I''m a bit confused..... Get the bit about players not being good enough (we knew that anyway, but his harshness came as a bit of a surprise), but sacking the backroom staff? Surely he can not just get rid of people like that without the boards consent? Obviously things work differently at a football club to what most of us are used to in our own jobs but he must have had permission(?) to get rid of them.

[quote user="bunny"]I''m a bit confused..... Get the bit about players not being good enough (we knew that anyway, but his harshness came as a bit of a surprise), but sacking the backroom staff? Surely he can not just get rid of people like that without the boards consent? Obviously things work differently at a football club to what most of us are used to in our own jobs but he must have had permission(?) to get rid of them.[/quote]

So are you seriously suggesting that if Roeder approached the board and said something like "As part of my three-year plan i want to revamp and change the backroom staff" they would have said "No"?  One positive thing i can say about the board is that in general they do seem to let the manager take the decisions on the football side of things- unless it comes to spending serious money of course, which is why we missed out on Crouch, Howard, Taylor etc.

We All Know Glenn Roeder Is A Yes Man To The Board!

Why Do You Think He Got The Job???

Lets Face It At The Time He Wasn''t The Best Option

[quote user="ELMO"]

[/quote]"Wasn''t the best option"?...please enlighten me as to who you thought was a better affordable option.

paul jewell, he would''ve kept us up like he did with derby. Elmo that was quite stupid suggesting any of what you put. He got the job coz, heaven forbid, he is a good manager for a good wage. and he proved that by keeping us up, lets just hope he carries it on(cue moaning about how he won''t keep it up, and he''s a one season manager)

[quote user="nolegs"][quote user="ELMO"]

[/quote]"Wasn''t the best option"?...please enlighten me as to who you thought was a better affordable option.[/quote]

We missed out on the Arsene Wenger because the board lacked ambition, Alex Ferguson was deemed to old and Jose Mourihino was deemed to much of a maverick. We missed ou on all three because of the boards lack of ambition. Roeder was fourth choice out of the one''s mentioned [;)]

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

Claim palyers are not good enough, sack staff demand the board invest.

will they?.......Discuss

[/quote]

I do hate posts that have ''discuss'' at the end!

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

will they?.......Discuss

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol me too, reminds me of my teachers at school, ahhhhhhhh those childhood memories [:-*]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

will they?.......Discuss

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol me too, reminds me of my teachers at school, ahhhhhhhh those childhood memories [:-*]

[/quote]

What''s your favourite Olympic event?

Discus

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

will they?.......Discuss

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s your favourite Olympic event?

Discus
[/quote]

Erm.....tiddlywinks, does that count? [:D]

[quote user="ELMO"]

[/quote]

Hmm? the jury''s out for me on this at the mo. And I wanted Warnock or Tilson for the job.................still would like Tilly.........he''s a great man manager.[Y]

will they?.......Discuss

[/quote]I do hate posts that have ''discuss'' at the end!

[/quote]I totally agree TwoSheds (that doesn''t happen very often lol).   [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ELMO"]

[/quote]

Hmm? the jury''s out for me on this at the mo. And I wanted Warnock .................Y]

[/quote]

1st Wizard, I''ve never slagged you off before, even though I have wanted to, but you''ve gone to far with this statement.  You wanted Colin to come to City.  You Neil Warnock (anag)!  Even in his own city of birth no-one has a good word for him, and that''s despite getting The Blades to the Premiership.  Go figure that one out!

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ELMO"]

[/quote]

Hmm? the jury''s out for me on this at the mo. And I wanted Warnock .................Y]

[/quote]

1st Wizard, I''ve never slagged you off before, even though I have wanted to, but you''ve gone to far with this statement.  You wanted Colin to come to City.  You Neil Warnock (anag)!  Even in his own city of birth no-one has a good word for him, and that''s despite getting The Blades to the Premiership.  Go figure that one out!

[/quote]

Check out Crystal Palace''s record and prospects mate............and sorry, but I don''t give a flying stuff for ''Colin''s rep in fickle Sheffield.......the guy just bleeds passion and he never slags off his own players, or gives sneaky press statements about them!!.[:|]

will they?.......Discuss

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do you had posts that end in Discuss?

...Discuss

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="bunny"]I''m a bit confused..... Get the bit about players not being good enough (we knew that anyway, but his harshness came as a bit of a surprise), but sacking the backroom staff? Surely he can not just get rid of people like that without the boards consent? Obviously things work differently at a football club to what most of us are used to in our own jobs but he must have had permission(?) to get rid of them.[/quote]

So are you seriously suggesting that if Roeder approached the board and said something like "As part of my three-year plan i want to revamp and change the backroom staff" they would have said "No"?  One positive thing i can say about the board is that in general they do seem to let the manager take the decisions on the football side of things- unless it comes to spending serious money of course, which is why we missed out on Crouch, Howard, Taylor etc.

[/quote]

No, I am saying that if he talked through his plan with the Board regarding the backroom staff then there would have been no pressure on the Board as they were well aware of the plan. The OP makes it sound as if GR just axed the lot of them without mentioning it to the Board first.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

No, I am saying that if he talked through his plan with the Board regarding the backroom staff then there would have been no pressure on the Board as they were well aware of the plan. The OP makes it sound as if GR just axed the lot of them without mentioning it to the Board first.

[/quote]

If, as we have been told, the board "let the manager manage" the football side of things then the manager asking "permission" to get rid of alot his staff amounts to nothing more than a rubber-stamping exercise.  Therefore the point made in the OP is entirely valid.  Unless you think that the board would turn round and say "Sorry Glenn, we don`t want you to implement this radical plan", the manager can basically do what he wants on the football side of things (except spend loadsa dosh......) and the board have no choice but to go along with it.  And logically, such radical changes put pressure on those who control the purse-strings to get the right people in as replacements.