Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Hoolahan has signed today then?

Eastern Evening News

01 June 2008

Hoolahan set to sign?

Fresh speculation linking winger Wes Hoolahan with Norwich City suggests he may sign for the Canaries today.

Rumours are that Hoolahan has even had a medical with City and will sign for £250,000 after a release clause in his contract was triggered.

City manager Glenn Roeder is a known admirer of the Blackpool wide man, who made his international debut as an 89th minute substitute for the Republic of Ireland last Thursday in the 1-0 win over Colombia.

And he will be brought in as a direct replacement for the departing Darren Huckerby, the fans'' favourite who was, surprisingly, not offered a new contract at the end of the season.

Hoolahan, 26, impressed for the Tangerines last season as they retained their Championship status, scoring six goals and gaining admirers in the division.

Norwich are believed to be fending off Championship rivals Charlton to secure the Dublin-born ace''s signature.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED01%20Jun%202008%2017%3A10%3A57%3A750

And blokey on 606 sais:

neil doncaster!!!!!breaking news!!!!!!

Championship Norwich City
by ncfcallex (U10890180) 01 June 2008
comment on the article

hi guys i might have just witnessed r first summer signing!!went

out for dinner today at dunstan hall with the missus and as we walked

in there was mr doomcaster and wes hoolahan walking around the grounds

with there golf caddies,there were others but coulnt make out who they

were,maybe agents or summit i dont know,boy i would love to now what they were talking about!!just rushed the grub down hardly said a word to the wife all dinner just to write this article.i really hope this is going to happen because the guy is different class!!!

[quote user="AndyJR"]And blokey on 606 sais:

comment on the article

hi guys

i might have just witnessed r first summer signing!!

went out for dinner today at dunstan hall with the missus and as we walked in there was mr doomcaster and wes hoolahan walking around the grounds with there golf caddies,there were others but coulnt make out who they were,maybe agents or summit i dont know,

boy i would love to now what they were talking about!!
just rushed the grub down hardly said a word to the wife all dinner just to write this article.
i really hope this is going to happen because the guy is different class!!!

[/quote]

I reckon we should wait until the Club officially come out and tell us.[Y]

It''s not called the silly season for no reason.

He may well have signed for us/or going to, but until the Club release an official statement I will treat anything read on here or in the papers as purely rumour and speculation.

[quote user="AndyJR"]And blokey on 606 sais:

comment on the article

hi guys

i might have just witnessed r first summer signing!!

went out for dinner today at dunstan hall with the missus and as we walked in there was mr doomcaster and wes hoolahan walking around the grounds with there golf caddies,there were others but coulnt make out who they were,maybe agents or summit i dont know,

boy i would love to now what they were talking about!!
just rushed the grub down hardly said a word to the wife all dinner just to write this article.
i really hope this is going to happen because the guy is different class!!!

[/quote]

I am of the opinion that hooligan has signed for us.....

but thats a classic! dunstan hall + golf caddies + maybe agents = made up story

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I suspect the "today" refers to when this is to be printed in the EDP/Evening News - tomorrow, basically. [/quote]''Tomorrow''s news today'' - Catchy.

of course if a player was going to meet with club officials and sign he''s spend his day poncing around some golf course instead of talking terms at Coleny.. eyh.. course he would! *rolls eyes*

jas :)

I can''t get excited over this yet, we have been let down like this before and inside info from Dunstan Hall had us all thinking Tiny had signed in January. Wait until its official.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

I can''t get excited over this yet, we have been let down like this before and inside info from Dunstan Hall had us all thinking Tiny had signed in January. Wait until its official.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, which is why im not doing cartwheels down our road [H]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

of course if a player was going to meet with club officials and sign he''s spend his day poncing around some golf course instead of talking terms at Coleny.. eyh.. course he would! *rolls eyes*

jas :)

[/quote]

Plus, Dunston Hall Golf Club are on crapy temp greens at the moment. If I was trying to entertain someone over a round of golf, I wouldn''t be doing it there at the moment.

Why do people make up this stuff??

according to our ipswich fan from vital norwich:

Wes has been in Dublin all weekend ?? Is having the medical extremely early in the morning (Monday) maybe to get the news out ASAP ??

I question how he can have a medical with us, while we have no physio...

Or has Gunny been awarded with another role?

[quote user="Dincht"]

[/quote]You have a medical at the BUPA Hospital

[quote user="Dincht"]

[/quote]We do have more than one physio... and I always assumed medical were done by 3rd parties...

So if it is all true then where is the Press Conference? Even the Pinkun is suggesting that he may sign today

We did have, don''t forget Peter Shaw left and Neal Reynolds went to Arsenal; I can''t think of any other physio''s that we have/had.
Hopefully I''m completely wrong!

[quote user="Dincht"]

We did have, don''t forget Peter Shaw left and Neal Reynolds went to Arsenal; I can''t think of any other physio''s that we have/had.

[/quote]

I have some concerns that this might be all a Binner windup. The Pool sites I use still fancy Charlton as his destination. Hope I''m way off on this!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Dincht"]

We did have, don''t forget Peter Shaw left and Neal Reynolds went to Arsenal; I can''t think of any other physio''s that we have/had.Hopefully I''m completely wrong!

[/quote]

I have some concerns that this might be all a Binner windup. The Pool sites I use still fancy Charlton as his destination. Hope I''m way off on this!.

[/quote]You think it''s a binner wind-up that our physios have left?! [:)]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]So if it is all true then where is the Press Conference? Even the Pinkun is suggesting that he may sign today[/quote]

The pinkun are just reporting whats been written on this forum over the weekend.

I''d love it to be true but all I''ve seen so far is speculation and some bloke on a BBC site who reckons he saw him at Dunston(getting as bad as ASDA sightings) and another whos mate told him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Dincht"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which pool sites do you use, the only two I know of doesnt say anything about Charlton signing him

[quote user="ncfclad"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Dincht"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which pool sites do you use, the only two I know of doesnt say anything about Charlton signing him

[/quote]

Try here:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=74&fid=8&sty=2&act=1&mid=2129403094

Or:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=74&fid=8&sty=2&act=1&mid=2129403094

And a wee snippet here:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11709_3626494,00.html

My main point being, no one is going overboard about this signing other than one site and a second hand newsfeed  by Archant.

Ist Wizard is right, there is nothing concrete yet and once again I urge people to not get too excited yet, we have all been here before!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Ist Wizard is right, there is nothing concrete yet and once again I urge people to not get too excited yet, we have all been here before!

[/quote]

No hes not, hes signing for us.

Watch delia back the boys.

Ooo aah Delia say we love Delia

[quote user="BlahBlahzzzzz"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you really want attention, you should pretend to be a Wizard.  It''s all the rage apparently, this room is starting to resemble a Glam-Rockers reunion party.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlahBlahzzzzz"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you really want attention, you should pretend to be a Wizard.  It''s all the rage apparently, this room is starting to resemble a Glam-Rockers reunion party.

[/quote]

LMAO now where''s my sparkly flares and platforms