Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

Bookies Predicting Norwich Relegation!!!

Bookmakers have placed Norwich City at 33/1 odds of winning the Championship. This relates to City being one of the teams that will be battling for survival at the bottom of the Championship, and as they say....bookies hardly get it wrong. So what can we expect? If what i''m reading into the latest news....all My Roeder is after is free transfers, and players on the cheap. This is exactly in line with what i had already suggested a month or so ago, that City are in finacial crisis and the cuts were done to reduce wages, not to improove and push for promotion. I would suggest the supporters have been decieved and lied to. BS baffles brains....and thats exactly what City have and are trying to do!!!

No, they are merely predicting the odds on winning the league.  This generally has nothing to do with relegation, those odds indicate to me that a mid table position is predicted. 

And before you shout that I am wrong, please tell me why there are 8 clubs with longer odds than ours.

I dont know why you bother supporting the club.  You are always doom and gloom, bet you are a riot at a party.

"BS baffles brains" - you said it chap!!!

What are you reading into exactly?

You don''t know any more than the rest of us , why not wait rather than be ultra selective with the comments about free transfers etc.

Sorry for sounding ultra positive but jeez the negativity on here at the moment is doing my head in .... no announcements yet doesn''t mean nothing will happen.

OTBC

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

"BS baffles brains" - you said it chap!!!

What are you reading into exactly?

You don''t know any more than the rest of us , why not wait rather than be ultra selective with the comments about free transfers etc.

Sorry for sounding ultra positive but jeez the negativity on here at the moment is doing my head in .... no announcements yet doesn''t mean nothing will happen.

OTBC

[/quote]

Fantastic post.

you say a mid table position is predicted? Dude how long you been a supporter, theres no need to even predict a mid table finish because thats about the most we always do....so tell me, if thats what we always come away with...what the hell are all the cuts about??? Roeder quoted that it was to ''''clear the deadwood and push for promotion'''', i say like hell....not a single players bought even though Earnshaw...our top scorer for many years ....was available. What other striker will get us that amount of goals this season...unless you think we signing Defoe, Rooney or similar?? Or maybe we sign Owen eh?? No dude, any striker in Earnies calibre is available??? NONE!! What we''re left with is a bunch of hit and miss ''bench warming'' wannabee strikers. If Roeder was serious about promotion...then there would have been no way that any manager in their right head would not bring back the one striker that scored countless goals for us just a cpl of seasons ago.

And before you start your yapping that i''m not a proper supporter, i have bought season tickets more times then you have heard the name Norwich!! But year after year i hear the same damn thing...''''we will push for promotion this year'''', and year after year i see the same damn BS happening!!! I already know what will happen this season...call it intuition eh....but i know BS when i hear it. Think what you may, we already missed the boat by missing out on some decent players who could have pushed us close to the top..... The longer we don''t sign anyone...the less wages we are using....the more money being saved....YOU DO THE MATHS!!!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Bookmakers have placed Norwich City at 33/1 odds of winning the Championship. This relates to City being one of the teams that will be battling for survival at the bottom of the Championship, and as they say....bookies hardly get it wrong. [/quote]

http://www.bloodylongoddsonfootballmatchesforpunterswithmoremoneythansense.com/2007/05/30/20072008-coca-cola-championship-odds/

So there you go, bookies rarely get it wrong[:O], only just about every season at this time[:#]. I remember when we were favourites at this time in 2005 too[:S]. Howabout you give me an example of the bookies getting it right at this stage[:^)]

Bookies hardly get it wrong???? I''d love to see the odds they quoted for a Bristol v Hull play off final or on either of them or Stoke going up.

And not forgetting that Leicester were one of the favourites to go up. Yea, bookies always get it right. And as many have stated, that fact that we are 33/1 to win the league means absolutely nothing. There are 8/9 teams with longer odds than us, so they are the favourites, not us!

I was refering to Norwich predictions wise guy, not intersted about your Scunthorpe or has been odds...the bookies know just how bad City situation is and they are acting upon it...

see you at the bottom!

33/1 is worth a punt! Ladbrokes here i come!

wonder what odds betfair will offer... usually they offer better than other bookies

jas :)

[quote user="Steelsilver"]

I was refering to Norwich predictions wise guy, not intersted about your Scunthorpe or has been odds...the bookies know just how bad City situation is and they are acting upon it...

see you at the bottom!

[/quote]

Your really making no sense mate. What are you trying to say. 33/1 is the odds for us winning the league. Thats fair enough, about right. But just because they don''t think we will win the league doesn''t mean they are predicting us to be relegated.

see you at the bottom!

[/quote]

People are not trying to paint our position as rosy, they are just pointing out what a load of tosh your original post is. Just look at your heading  - how are bookies predicting our relegation when they have given 8 teams longer odds than us to win the league, wise guy? [;)]

If you want to post to say what a poor position we are in and that YOU believe we will be relegated, then why don''t you just post and say that instead of this old made up hogwash.

Honestly, if you post such nonsense it is a bit rich getting upset at people for pointing it out, lol! [:D]   

OK first of all he is not predicting midtable, but saying what the bookies think.  As you should know the Championship is one of the leagues bookies don''t have a clue on and constantly get it wrong.  Think about the odds on Hull and Stoke.  Now as for your comment about us always finishes mid table well that''s is not true is it.  I suppose you forgot about us winning the league or getting in the playoffs and also the seasons when we missed out on the playoffs but still finished in the top 10 or 12.  Midtable is 14/15/16 in case your confused.

Now if Earnshaw is the only decent striker in this league then we don''t need to worry because no one else will score goals anyway.  There are plenty of forwards around Kevin Phillips may fancy another year here or Andrew Cole may be on his way like him or not you can''t argue with 229 goals.  There is also the link with Martin Paterson.  Stern John scored goals although he probably wouldn''t be popular.  There is also forwards in the lower leagues Liam Dickenson that I mentioned a while ago, also Jermaine Beckford.  There are probably a whole bunch of players I haven''t mentioned that could do a job.  Lets not write off Jamie Cureton yet he had a poor season last year, but find a target man for him and he can get us goals.  Chris Martin may yet come good.

I think your find Roeder knows what he is doing and no matter how much money we spend we will have a good squad of players and don''t forget we can fill the gaps with loan players.  Also a couple more forwards to mention Eastwood and Rigters.

see you at the bottom!

[/quote]

The link provided was just to show you the bookies nearly always get it wrong which completely contradicts your statement oh wisest of the wisest ones[:$]. Hull were 50/1 last season if you bothered to read it [:#]

It aint hogwash, but i just include those that thinks its hogwash in the many that have been baffled by the BS that City have handed out to you!!!  You do realize that its usually the bottom 10 teams that end up fighting for survival..which if are 8th lowest in bookies, puts us right in that group!!

Steelsilver you are an absolute boon. To be honest I really do worry about poor bunny. I think he/she/it is competing with cluck and smudger for being the worst troll ever on these boards.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Bunny strikes again, any post "pro club" is level headed, whilst the alternative view is not....hop!!, hop!! hop!! 

[/quote]

To be fair, this is not an alternative view, it''s made up rubbish. I''m as worried as the next man about what we will have to go with in August but to start a thread saying that the bookies have predicted our relegation when there are actually 8 teams with worse odds than us is just making stuff up!

If it isn''t I like to have the logic underlying this conclusion explained to me. [*-)]

But year after year i hear the same damn thing...''''we will push for promotion this year'''', and year after year i see the same damn BS happening!!! I already know what will happen this season...call it intuition eh....but i know BS when i hear it. Think what you may, we already missed the boat by missing out on some decent players who could have pushed us close to the top..... The longer we don''t sign anyone...the less wages we are using....the more money being saved....YOU DO THE MATHS!!!

[/quote]

Ok Mr. pessimistic, you mentioned hearing year after year we will push for promotion, what kind of club would not go4 promotion? Fans complain we are not ambitious enough, and your complaining when we show a bit of ambition, what the hell do you want?

And as far about doing the maths sounds lik a gd idea sign every1 l8r so less wages2pay. aslong as we get them in 4 friendlies we will b ok.

Your one of these people who constatly give off ur own opinion but don''t take the time to listen to anyone elses and concede ur right, and thats the problem with most people on this board.

Find us odds on relegation then and we will see if it''s the same.  It isn''t always.  Also if I was a bookie I would have us at 33/1 to win the league as well as that is relistic odds.  But that isn''t the same as top six or promotion.  And it isn''t the same as relegation odds.

see you at the bottom!

[/quote]

I take it I am the predictions wise guy.  I was responding to your thread title and pointing out that the bookies are not predicting Norwich relegation.  I can see how bad things are as plainly as you can, but unlike you I am trying to remain upbeat & positive.  The backroom clearout in my eyes is about freshening the place up, not saving cash.  There will be signings, decent ones too, just being patient for these.  And will we push for promotion, I hope so, but then I believe that every season.

So call me what you want.  Blinkered, stupid, unrealistic, I dont give a toss.  I am enjoying the speculation, the will we/won''t we, surely this is the best part of being a fan.  If following this club makes you as miserable as you come across, then why bother.

Oh, and the more season tickets than you can say Norwich thing.  What a stupid, pointless thing to say. 

Ambition??? are you trying to make me laugh??? Ambition you call it....you tell me what ambition when we already got rid of our best player in Huckerby, be it that he had an unimpressive season...but who does not, it don''t mean you get rid of him for 1 season of lesser form. And as for the other question about strikers, yes there are some strikers about who can do a decent job at this level...but just how available are they...i not seen any quality link to any of them excpet to earnie, and plz don''t mention Eastwood, because he is now Deadwood and not the player he once was.

My head is clear, but looks like i''m only one of the few who can see sunshine through the S***T that is coming forth our way!!

You really think the bookies have spent hours analysing the City ''situation''? They''ve almost certainly just looked at where we finished last season and come up with the odds based on that.

no pressure on norwich next season then really

you get to half decent start and avoid relegation worries then you got what i see is "free" season

meaning if you come midtable you can say its improvement etc.... and was expected

anywhere near the playoffs or above is a bonus

dudes open your eyes, you only need to read the latest posts and Paper news to see that things are going fast to pot at City, you can read can''t you? Doherty might be leaving? wow thats really a sign that we will do well this season...lmao!! If we were about to have the season of our lives...according to some who posted against me above...why would he want to leave!!!! get real!!

For a club of our stature we shoudl NEVER be starting the season aiming for midtable. Playoffs as a minimum should be our aim. Anywhere in the bottom half of the table will be failure as far as I am concerned.

Some may not view that as realistic but for me that is what I expect from my club. That many may now have lowered their expectations is a sad indictment of how our club has fallen away in the last few years.