Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

are we on the verge of a financial Disaster?

[quote]hopefully the local media will get the bit between the teeth and do some serious and vigorous investigative reporting[/quote]

Now that I''d like to see. Just as long as we use an unbiased journo (rare these days I know) otherwise theres no point.

Would anyone on the Pink Un staff be prepared to step forth and undertake the task I wonder?

I honesty don''t think the Club is in any danger of going in to Administration, not whilst we have such a board member with such a public profile as Delia Smith. Can you imagine the bad PR she''d get if she let it happen? Sorry, I just can''t see it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="scott"]

We offered £1.25M for Taylor on the last day of January. We bid £2M for Billy Sharp and Luke Varney last summer. We bid up to £2M for Dave Cotteril before that!

I think we could have more money than the board let on but yes theres also the danger that we are struggling for money as the recent sackings would suggest but who knows?

[/quote]

And how much has the club recieved from player sales and Parachute payments? I''ll admit that i''m becoming rather confused about these parachute payments. Neil spincaster always made a point of telling us they would be used to plug the gap in the runnung of the club after relegtion and not for transfers but is now saying we cannot compete in the transfer market against the clubs currently recieving them,Which,i take it, means they are using it for transfer targets instead of new carpets and lovely desks.

[/quote]

God you must be a thicko!

The figures are in the annual reports.

Are you suggesting something illegal?

We dont did invest with the parachute money and Delia will take us forward. Shes the best thing that has happened to Norwich.

Can I ask, and this is a genuine question, where people have the idea that Norwich City are going into administration, or are financially in trouble? 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Can I ask, and this is a genuine question, where people have the idea that Norwich City are going into administration, or are financially in trouble? [/quote]

Idiots like Arthur Whittle.

[quote user="Drunken Delias Ramble"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Can I ask, and this is a genuine question, where people have the idea that Norwich City are going into administration, or are financially in trouble? [/quote]

[/quote]

Oh right thanks

I don''t think that the changes in playing and backroom staff point to us being on the verge of disaster, nor do I think that relegation would have seen us go into administration. Glenn is overhauling the club from top to bottom. Hucks and Dion going saved us a lot of wages - and it''s wages, not transfrer fees that it''s all about these days. Who care if we can offer 1, 2 or 3 million for a player. We''ve still go to pay them each week. If Dion or Hucks were on 10 grand a week that''s 1.5 million plus over three years in wages (and that''s just to the player, there are other costs for employing players such as insurance and taxes). So with Fozzy signing for one year, on let''s say 5 grand a week that''s £250,000+. A three year deal would have been nearer the million mark including the non wage stuff. Ouch. Maybe not such a bad thing he only signed for one year... it helps the balance sheet if nothing else (not sure how fotball players contract lengths affect balance sheets, someone can maybe put me right).We laughed about Harry Kewell being linked... if he got 40 grand a week that''d be 4 million over a 2 year deal. We could pay 2.5 million for a player and give him a 3 year deal on 10 grand a week for the same total cost. It still doen''t mean we should be paying 40 grand a week for Kewell though ;-)Changing the backroom staff was also needed. Glenn has a history of bringing through players from youth teams (having been acadamy boss at both West Ham and Newcastle) and I''m pretty sure that a well qualified new acadamy boss will be in place shortly. Plus over the past 10 years our acadamy has been a mess so it''s no big surprise Glenn is getting to work on the problems there.With a bit of luck and some good wheeling and dealing we''ll have a much stronger club by August. Let''s think positive!

[quote user="Simon"]I don''t think that the changes in playing and backroom staff point to us being on the verge of disaster, nor do I think that relegation would have seen us go into administration.

Glenn is overhauling the club from top to bottom. Hucks and Dion going saved us a lot of wages - and it''s wages, not transfrer fees that it''s all about these days. Who care if we can offer 1, 2 or 3 million for a player. We''ve still go to pay them each week. If Dion or Hucks were on 10 grand a week that''s 1.5 million plus over three years in wages (and that''s just to the player, there are other costs for employing players such as insurance and taxes). So with Fozzy signing for one year, on let''s say 5 grand a week that''s £250,000+. A three year deal would have been nearer the million mark including the non wage stuff. Ouch. Maybe not such a bad thing he only signed for one year... it helps the balance sheet if nothing else (not sure how fotball players contract lengths affect balance sheets, someone can maybe put me right).

We laughed about Harry Kewell being linked... if he got 40 grand a week that''d be 4 million over a 2 year deal. We could pay 2.5 million for a player and give him a 3 year deal on 10 grand a week for the same total cost. It still doen''t mean we should be paying 40 grand a week for Kewell though ;-)

Changing the backroom staff was also needed. Glenn has a history of bringing through players from youth teams (having been acadamy boss at both West Ham and Newcastle) and I''m pretty sure that a well qualified new acadamy boss will be in place shortly. Plus over the past 10 years our acadamy has been a mess so it''s no big surprise Glenn is getting to work on the problems there.

With a bit of luck and some good wheeling and dealing we''ll have a much stronger club by August. Let''s think positive!

[/quote]

I''m afraid ''good wheeling and dealing'' and Glen Roeder do not mix. He has not got a very good record when he had money - i dread to think what hes going to be like with very little. It doesn''t look very bright at the moment. Lewis was not exactly the bit of wheeler dealing, not to mention other players let go.

I have heard that we are VERY close to administration through various conversions i''ve had with people who would probably know more than most (no names). Believe what you like at the end of the day, we all hear different things and i hope that what i have heard is not true of course.

If we had have gone down, then we would already be in admin right now. Delia and co are working very hard to keep the wolfs out and has a lot riding on getting right. Its not just a football club for her, its a PR vehicle that she uses to the max. Not good PR when you go bust of course. She is not just working to save NCFC at the moment, but her own back-side too.

Don''t under estimate the hole that we are in. Before you all jump on me for ''talking rubbish'', ''where are you sources'' etc...why would i make it up, and would you name peoples names on a MB? I''m not a ''head in the sand'' kind of person, unlike some on here it seems.

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="Simon"]I don''t think that the changes in playing and backroom staff point to us being on the verge of disaster, nor do I think that relegation would have seen us go into administration.

Glenn is overhauling the club from top to bottom. Hucks and Dion going saved us a lot of wages - and it''s wages, not transfrer fees that it''s all about these days. Who care if we can offer 1, 2 or 3 million for a player. We''ve still go to pay them each week. If Dion or Hucks were on 10 grand a week that''s 1.5 million plus over three years in wages (and that''s just to the player, there are other costs for employing players such as insurance and taxes). So with Fozzy signing for one year, on let''s say 5 grand a week that''s £250,000+. A three year deal would have been nearer the million mark including the non wage stuff. Ouch. Maybe not such a bad thing he only signed for one year... it helps the balance sheet if nothing else (not sure how fotball players contract lengths affect balance sheets, someone can maybe put me right).

We laughed about Harry Kewell being linked... if he got 40 grand a week that''d be 4 million over a 2 year deal. We could pay 2.5 million for a player and give him a 3 year deal on 10 grand a week for the same total cost. It still doen''t mean we should be paying 40 grand a week for Kewell though ;-)

Changing the backroom staff was also needed. Glenn has a history of bringing through players from youth teams (having been acadamy boss at both West Ham and Newcastle) and I''m pretty sure that a well qualified new acadamy boss will be in place shortly. Plus over the past 10 years our acadamy has been a mess so it''s no big surprise Glenn is getting to work on the problems there.

With a bit of luck and some good wheeling and dealing we''ll have a much stronger club by August. Let''s think positive!

[/quote]

I''m afraid ''good wheeling and dealing'' and Glen Roeder do not mix. He has not got a very good record when he had money - i dread to think what hes going to be like with very little. It doesn''t look very bright at the moment. Lewis was not exactly the bit of wheeler dealing, not to mention other players let go.

I have heard that we are VERY close to administration through various conversions i''ve had with people who would probably know more than most (no names). Believe what you like at the end of the day, we all hear different things and i hope that what i have heard is not true of course.

If we had have gone down, then we would already be in admin right now. Delia and co are working very hard to keep the wolfs out and has a lot riding on getting right. Its not just a football club for her, its a PR vehicle that she uses to the max. Not good PR when you go bust of course. She is not just working to save NCFC at the moment, but her own back-side too.

Don''t under estimate the hole that we are in. Before you all jump on me for ''talking rubbish'', ''where are you sources'' etc...why would i make it up, and would you name peoples names on a MB? I''m not a ''head in the sand'' kind of person, unlike some on here it seems.

[/quote]

Would you mind if I cut and paste your post and send to the Club as part of an e-mail I want to write regarding this subject? 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you mind if I cut and paste your post and send to the Club as part of an e-mail I want to write regarding this subject? 

[/quote]

Be my guest. I hope it gets to the right people.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]There seems to be a pretty large over reaction here on some pretty large assumptions and some twisting of evidence.

Roeder says loans are the way to go, so you assume he means he can''t afford to buy anyone. We let a bunch of underachieving youngsters go, you assume we are cost cutting and can''t afford them. If we really wanted to cut costs it wouldn''t be the Jarvis bros going but Fozzy and Doc leaving.

Also, the club publishes the accounts every year, and I know people bash on about them being doctored etc, I seriously the club would alter the accounts to a point of illegality!

Also, if we were relegated I doubt it would push us into admin. Them amount clubs receive in TV revenue really isn''t that different from the Championship to League 1.

Stop looking for doom and gloom and just wait and see what happens.
[/quote]

For me this is the key point. If we were in real financial trouble it would have been quite easy to give the likes of the Jarvis boys, Cave-Brown and Smart another years contract and let Doc and Fozzy go. Plus I suspect Roeder would have upped and left the moment the season ended if whatever promises of funds he had been given when taking the job were shown to be complete pie in the sky.

I don''t think there is huge pot of money there but I do think there is a small "war chest" perhaps a "war bucket" might be more appropriate!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="Jonny 5"]There seems to be a pretty large over reaction here on some pretty large assumptions and some twisting of evidence.

Roeder says loans are the way to go, so you assume he means he can''t afford to buy anyone. We let a bunch of underachieving youngsters go, you assume we are cost cutting and can''t afford them. If we really wanted to cut costs it wouldn''t be the Jarvis bros going but Fozzy and Doc leaving.

Also, the club publishes the accounts every year, and I know people bash on about them being doctored etc, I seriously the club would alter the accounts to a point of illegality!

Also, if we were relegated I doubt it would push us into admin. Them amount clubs receive in TV revenue really isn''t that different from the Championship to League 1.

Stop looking for doom and gloom and just wait and see what happens.
[/quote]

For me this is the key point. If we were in real financial trouble it would have been quite easy to give the likes of the Jarvis boys, Cave-Brown and Smart another years contract and let Doc and Fozzy go. Plus I suspect Roeder would have upped and left the moment the season ended if whatever promises of funds he had been given when taking the job were shown to be complete pie in the sky.

I don''t think there is huge pot of money there but I do think there is a small "war chest" perhaps a "war bucket" might be more appropriate!

[/quote]

I think it`s easy to assume that Roeder would simply walk out if he has to cut right back because of financial problems, but how much kudos has he really got?  He was largely assumed to have failed in his previous positions, was out of work for six months, was not linked to decent jobs in that time and was widely seen as the cheap option when we got hold of him.  He did a fantastic job to pull us out of the mire but then, with a virtually fully-fit squad, nearly took us back into it again.

Don`t get me wrong, i rate the bloke, but i don`t think Prem or Champs clubs will be clamouring to snap him up if he leaves.  He`s probably looking at a lower league and a lower wage and that`s gonna make him think at least twice......

[quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thing is Archer its very easy to make claims like yours and then say "I can''t reveal my sources" etc. I could say I know people who work around those in the boardroom and they told me we''ve got £10mill to spend but I can''t say who they are.

Would you believe me?

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thing is Archer its very easy to make claims like yours and then say "I can''t reveal my sources" etc. I could say I know people who work around those in the boardroom and they told me we''ve got £10mill to spend but I can''t say who they are.

Would you believe me?

[/quote]

No, but then i know we haven''t got £10m. I''m not worried if you don''t believe me, you have a valid point and you may know better.

I am not saying its fact, just what i have heard. If this is not the place for comment / opinion then where else is there?

I suggest you don''t worry yourself over it, there is more to life than football anyway.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Joe Lewis was a fire sale i think.... sold cheaply with a huge clause in the hope he gets snapped up by a big side... (we could still get diddly squat for him)

The release of Hucks and the other 8 players....  Alan wood, Terry Postle, Neil Adams all being shipped out...

The club, in my eyes, is cost cutting.. Doomcaster came out in his column and said there is money available.. only a few weeks later to say there was no money available... Roeder has said we can only afford Loan players.. or rather that Loans are the way to go...

who thinks the club is trying to scale down its finances? we have only offered foz a 1 year deal rather than a longer, more expensive one.. with the Doc still to sign...

Like i said in the season.. Relegation will see Administration....

jas :)

[/quote]

Yes it may all be true. The club has poured loads money into the building land and road investment but that looks as if it all gone tits up now with the credit crunch and with the house building now at a stand still they could have caught a very big financial cold?.

Doncaster said in the EDP a month / 6 weeks ago he would tell us where ALL the money has gone? but we have not had a word from him since on the subject.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Drunken Delias Ramble"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="scott"]

We offered £1.25M for Taylor on the last day of January. We bid £2M for Billy Sharp and Luke Varney last summer. We bid up to £2M for Dave Cotteril before that!

I think we could have more money than the board let on but yes theres also the danger that we are struggling for money as the recent sackings would suggest but who knows?

[/quote]

And how much has the club recieved from player sales and Parachute payments? I''ll admit that i''m becoming rather confused about these parachute payments. Neil spincaster always made a point of telling us they would be used to plug the gap in the runnung of the club after relegtion and not for transfers but is now saying we cannot compete in the transfer market against the clubs currently recieving them,Which,i take it, means they are using it for transfer targets instead of new carpets and lovely desks.

[/quote]

We dont did invest with the parachute money and Delia will take us forward. Shes the best thing that has happened to Norwich.

[/quote]

I really am concerned about you and if i was Delia i''d be somewhat worried about your aggresive nature in all things Delia. Celeb stalker or just plain gullable? Read my thread again sonshine. And you call me thick. Run along.

[quote user="Drunken Delias Ramble"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="scott"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And when exactly is your Princess Delia and co going to take us forward? Where in my post do i suggest illigal activity? Please read again and come back to me when you figure it out.

Its all rumours at the moment granted but i would say that there are certainly more signs to suggest financial trouble ahead as opposed to being sound. Staff cuts,resrve teams,players getting smaller contracts the Huckerby debacle and Neil Doncasters somewhat ridiculous comparisons with Gretna.

[quote user="Drunken Delias Ramble"]

[/quote]

God my toes are curling! It really is verging on the obsessed!!

[quote user="archer4721"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Be my guest. I hope it gets to the right people.

[/quote]

Thank you Archer [Y]

[quote user="BBFF"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Joe Lewis was a fire sale i think.... sold cheaply with a huge clause in the hope he gets snapped up by a big side... (we could still get diddly squat for him)

The release of Hucks and the other 8 players....  Alan wood, Terry Postle, Neil Adams all being shipped out...

The club, in my eyes, is cost cutting.. Doomcaster came out in his column and said there is money available.. only a few weeks later to say there was no money available... Roeder has said we can only afford Loan players.. or rather that Loans are the way to go...

who thinks the club is trying to scale down its finances? we have only offered foz a 1 year deal rather than a longer, more expensive one.. with the Doc still to sign...

Like i said in the season.. Relegation will see Administration....

[/quote]

Yes it may all be true. The club has poured loads money into the building land and road investment but that looks as if it all gone tits up now with the credit crunch and with the house building now at a stand still they could have caught a very big financial cold?.

Doncaster said in the EDP a month / 6 weeks ago he would tell us where ALL the money has gone? but we have not had a word from him since on the subject.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

good point BBFF... perhaps we lost the money down the drain.... perhaps it all went to Jamelia as her appearence fee at the greatest shambles?

Perhaps it went towards Doncasters Wages for a season... either way we should be told

I sent an e-mail this morning to the Club, basically saying what has been said on here about administration and that people think the Club are in deep doo-doo''s.  I also said that I think the fans have the right to know if the Club are in trouble, although I don''t expect a reply anytime soon, if ever.

I personally am not overly concerned at the moment.

May be an idea for those of you who are concerned to drop the Club an e-mail stating your concerns, you may not get a reply, but at least they will know the level of concern of the fans.

I will be going to the SCG meeting tonight and will be raising this issue.

To me it''s the complete lack of any news coming out of Carrow Road that does concern me. All I''ve heard (unless I''ve missed anything) is the usual ''thanks'' to redundant staff for their services. Nothing by way of justifying the measures for financial reasons, re-alignment of personnel, restructure etc. Just plain silence. 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

To me it''s the complete lack of any news coming out of Carrow Road that does concern me. All I''ve heard (unless I''ve missed anything) is the usual ''thanks'' to redundant staff for their services. Nothing by way of justifying the measures for financial reasons, re-alignment of personnel, restructure etc. Just plain silence. 

[/quote]

I can''t wait to hear on here if you raised the point and how it was met.  I have heard nothing from the Club at all, not even a mail to acknowledge they got my email.

[/quote]

So any news of what went on please.

We all know that we are not flushed with cash, but I''m not sure how in the shit we are in. Would a big summer spending spree ease peoples worries? I doubt it.

[/quote]

Could you let us know how you got on please?