Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

WES DEAL DONE

According to a Blackpool website the deal is 100% done their main story is posted via NewsNow Norwich City.

Wonderful signing and what a great deal £250,000

I would say its pretty reliable! Even though it is a fans site written by the fans, i can not see them making something up about a player leaving. Would still be nice to see it confirmed on their official site or our official site.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I would say its pretty reliable! Even though it is a fans site written by the fans, i can not see them making something up about a player leaving. Would still be nice to see it confirmed on their official site or our official site.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s a question of whether he''s leaving though, it''s just a case of where. And I''m not sure how Blackpool fans are suddenly qualified to know where he''s going any more than we are for any of our players. Anyway, I guess time will tell, we''ll know soon enough either way.

He''s rubbish! he doesnt score 200 goals a season! can''t out run a ferrari can''t pass over 7 miles and can''t defend better than a brick wall across the goal would! 250k waaaay to expensive when we could get Ronaldo or Robben for about £2.50!

horrible news.

(i''m not serious by the way)

Some off-the-field problems ..................?Like to hear more about what there are!

[quote user="Budgie"]Some off-the-field problems ..................?

Like to hear more about what there are!
[/quote]

probably spending too much time with apparent brother-in-law who is scummer.

other thread...

[/quote]

Why, does it matter.  I couldn''t give a toss if the bloke is into dogging or rubber fetish clothes, as long as he does the business on the pitch...

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

Why, does it matter.  I couldn''t give a toss if the bloke is into dogging or rubber fetish clothes, as long as he does the business on the pitch...

[/quote]

LMAO good answer [:D]

It doesn''t matter to me neither, as long as he performs on the pitch that''s all that counts, that''s why it''s called a private life.

[quote] user="oh huckerby (aka C.T)"]isnt it a shame that a player that wolves wanted is coming to us eh we8?[/quote]

bellow avarage champs player who we not did want anyway

Just saw this from Cheep shot and thought i would post it.

Norwich are set to sign Wes Hoolahan for £250,000 according to internet reports. But what type of player is the Republic of Ireland’s newest international player? Can he really replace Darren Huckerby as has been suggested by some reports?

Against Norwich last season he certainly shined and showed a hell of a lot of guile and skill, but he’s not the paciest man in the world like Hucks was at his best.

However, he is widely admired and has attracted a lot of attention from Championship and lower end Premier League clubs as the Seasiders held their own at a higher level after promotion from League One.

He began his career with Shelbourne in Ireland before moving on to Livingston and then Blackpool, initially on loan.

Last summer he signed a permanent two-year deal with Blackpool, but it seems he had a a quarter of million pound release clause inserted in his contract and the Tangerines, in their desperation to land the player, gave into his demands.

Norwich are now set to exploit and grab a player who can play on either flank for a fee that doesn’t relate to his obvious talent.

Steve Claridge, writing in The Guardian last year described Hoolahan as having “incredibly quick feet” and a “good range to his crosses”.

He wrote: “He has no real pace so, unlike most wingers, he''s not keen on being one-on-one against his full-back, which would require him to go past his marker on the outside. And yet he remains hugely effective.

“Hoolahan is the type of player who, if you walked into a ground at any point during the 90 minutes to watch him, you would not know what position he was playing in, such is his desperation to get on the ball. He plays wide, moves up top almost in a front three, sits behind the strikers and pops up all across midfield.

“He is a player with incredibly quick feet, a low centre of gravity, excellent awareness of those around him and a supreme confidence in his own ability to get out of tight situations. He is always willing to get involved, switches the ball from left to right foot in a flash, but will instinctively move infield and search out cluttered areas where he feels happiest.

“He is small, at 5ft 7in, so you would not expect him to be great in the air - and he is not - but his defending is adequate, he is strong on the ball and combines well with the closest centre-forward.

“He has a good range to his crosses, which he needs because he rarely passes from the same position.”

Claridge went on to rate him eight out of 10 for shooting; six out of ten for heading; nine out of ten for crossing; and six out of ten for pace.

Digging deeper on the internet, you can find a website for Hoolahan’s youth side Belvedere FC, based in Dublin. They have written much about their former player’s talent and they give a great insight into the potential of the player.

Belvedere boast winning more than 100 major trophies since the club‘s inception in the 1970s, with 166 of their players going on to win international caps for Ireland at various levels.

These players include Mark Kennedy, Curtis Fleming, Richard Sadlier, Thomas Butler, Stephen Elliott, Stephen Kelly and, recently, Hoolahan at full international level.

“Weso is undoubtedly one of the brightest prospects around. He''s young, gifted and green,” says one of the site’s writers.

They go on to quote former Ireland boss Don Givens: “"He''s got outstanding ability, beats defenders by skill as much as speed and he''s got a great engine for a little fellow. He can play left or right and is willing to learn.”

So it seems nobody has a bad word to say about Hoolahan and the Blackpool websites are full of tributes to a player who has always given his best for the club.

It seems like City boss Glenn Roeder has struck gold with this signing and Norwich have managed to secure a very good prospect, a new international cap, for a small fee.

Good business - more to come please, Glenn.

Great signing if true.  Probably used a fair wedge of Hucks free wages to tempt him down here, but for £250k........[:D]

Several friends of mine are Irish and have been mentioning him for a while as a decent player to look out for, and he''s also just earned his first full cap (ok, if only as a sub).  IMO he would be a very good signing, and it is great news if the rumours are indeed true. 

and also he could take huckerbys song [:D]

oh hoolahan, hoola,hoola,hoolan.................................................. and so on

great signing if true!!!!

[quote user="oh huckerby aka C.T"]In honour of this hopefully imminent signing im changing my avatar/display picture * hope it doesnt jinx the move*[/quote]So am I, I''m gonna be a bitch !

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

oh hoolahan, hoola,hoola,hoolan.................................................. and so on

[/quote]

Yeah, id thought of that!

It will just be like the good old days

[quote user="inch_high"]

[quote] user="oh huckerby (aka C.T)"]isnt it a shame that a player that wolves wanted is coming to us eh we8?[/quote]

bellow avarage champs player who we not did want anyway

[/quote]

why are you so negative? Give the boy a chance

I hope it is, i spose it hasnt been annouced yet, because he probley hasnt had a medical has he? (been with ireland sqaud)but i think he will be a decent replacement, and cant belive were the only club who are really seriously going for him at 250k, there must be something wrong.(im not saying we cant buy good players, just that other clubs should have bid as well)

A word of caution here, that site is very unreliable according to Blackpool fans on their Offy and footymad sites. Yes, an okay signing, but I''ll wait until its announced......... [:|]

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[/quote] Hope not, never did think it was a very good way of chanting Huck''s name, surely someone can think of something better than that.

if were tryin songs what about paul mcveigh old song but with a twist

we love u hoolahan, if thats quite alright

we love u hoolahan, with ur lack or height

he''ll cross the ball and ther''ll score