Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Terry Postle sacked

Seems just a bit harsh to be honest, he has been at the club so long and is a fan. I can''t really see how his dismissal will help the club in any way, but who knows why these things happen, perhaps he was too openly critical of some of Glenn''s decisions, and I think we are starting to see that Glenn has one way, his!

my dad spent many years at carrow road as a respected member of staff, and recently told me postle only got job coz as the previous kitman was on more money so sacked him and put terry in charge. Postle always had an opinion on the team yet he is only the kit man. My guess is roeder weren''t a big fan of this.He''s been about so long be weird to see him leave, but he is only the kit man!!!!!!!!

i know terry and he will be gutted! he was city through and through and loved his job and the club. just what the hell is going on at the moment with this club of OURS? before long roeder will be the only employee left!!! we really are going through major upheaval, but the notable silence from Delia and the rest of the board is deafening!!! come on tell us just what is happening and why please.

Yet another sign of a club in financial meltdown!. How the hell does this help with Ratty''s rebuild?.

Please enlighten me someone. ono

Taken from my post on carrowroad.net.

Whether I agree with it or not, surely Roeder does not have the final say on jobs such as this? (Also the jobs of an under 14 coach). Surely someone up the hierarchy has final say? Unsure so correct me if im wrong.

Surely it''s a good thing? Postle has been around so long, he''s like a ghost from our past failures. Nice guy yes, and has no doubt done a good job, but I like the Roeder overhaul. We need it.

Good point Trent, I dunno how much say manager''s really do have. But again i think it''s best if Roeder is in charge of everything (including under 14''s decisions) as he''s the football man, the man at the helm. Reminds me of when Cloughie didn''t get the England job because he wanted to be in total charge of the England setup from top to bottom. The fools, if only they''d have let him........

Ok we had only 8 points ... yawn ...

Good pre-season games arranged in Sweden ... second and third division teams .. and yes Colchester ... also third .. yawn

Neil Adams has a bad influence on 13 year olds ... and he has a meaning of his own ... yawn

Hucks is a hero .. was a hero ... will always be a hero ... EXIT ... yawn

And Terry Postle will never be ''a new hero'' ... yawn

Glen Roeder ... yawn

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Ok we had only 8 points ... yawn ...

Good pre-season games arranged in Sweden ... second and third division teams .. and yes Colchester ... also third .. yawn

Neil Adams has a bad influence on 13 year olds ... and he has a meaning of his own ... yawn

Hucks is a hero .. was a hero ... will always be a hero ... EXIT ... yawn

And Terry Postle will never be ''a new hero'' ... yawn

Glen Roeder ... yawn

[/quote]I fear your not getting enough sleep YellowRoad. Burning the candle at both ends?

You watch us fly next season now. Always thought the kit man was the problem. Oh it''s good to be back.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yet another sign of a club in financial meltdown!. How the hell does this help with Ratty''s rebuild?.

[/quote]

Or a sign of a club in transition.  Out with the old and in with the new.

I forget though that biddys like yourself dont like change, even when you are at the fore clamouring for it....Make your mind up...

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yet another sign of a club in financial meltdown!. How the hell does this help with Ratty''s rebuild?.Please enlighten me someone. ono

[/quote]

I forget though that biddys like yourself dont like change, even when you are at the fore clamouring for it....Make your mind up...

[/quote]I think ''New'' might be slightly optimistic.  More likely second-hand really. 

I should have thought that Glenda would have wanted to concentrate on his massive team rebuilding exercise instead of being sidetracked by trivial issues like who is responsible for the kit. What could Postle possibly have done wrong in such a simple job as supervising the laundry? What sort of edge over our opponents can we gain with a new kit man? How soon before the board realise that they''ve appointed a lunatic as manager?

I know this kind of relates to another post but does anyone else remember the rumour regarding the Turners a few months after they had arrived?The one that said they were surprised/shocked to see how certain aspects of the club were run and that they didn''t feel that this was the best it could be.If that is the case maybe they are helping to over-see a sort of rebuild and restructuring of the club. It may not nessisarily be a bad  thing.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here here Jimmy.

Recently people used to moan that people from previous regiemes were still around all GR is doing is making the club his. He has every right to do so, he wants people around him that he trusts. He has had enough time to assess everyone on board this ship and he is now acting accordingly.

Had he of came in and done it all within 2 weeks of the Ipswich game people would have been moaning that he is being rash and that he doesnt know what he is releasing. I remember PG did the same...he waited and quoted "alot of good people can be lost when a new manager comes in, i will take my time in assessing everyone."

I think GR is right in getting HIS staff in, whether it be a kit man or a sport pshycologist they all play a big part in making this club function. Some people dont like change.Actually most people dont, but these changes are for the best.

If Postle has been here 10yrs then thanks for the service but its time to jog on and realise a football club functions differently than your everyday jobs, turnover is an everyday occurrance.

One final note....I, too had also heard that Postle used to try and have an input.....do you honestly want that from a kit man??

How much did the Kit Man earn, 20k, 30k.  Is it really that essential to have a full time kitman, honestly.

Maybe he is going back to the old fashioned way by getting the academy boys to clean the boots etc.  Not sure if we still do it like that here...

[quote user="jimmy500"]

How much did the Kit Man earn, 20k, 30k.  Is it really that essential to have a full time kitman, honestly.

Maybe he is going back to the old fashioned way by getting the academy boys to clean the boots etc.  Not sure if we still do it like that here...

[/quote]Never quite understood why the players can''t clean their own boots? Lazy bunch.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Great idea Jimmy, superb. Get the youth boys away from being pampered and back cleaning boots, showers and loo''s!

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Last year Southend''s kit man turned out for their reserves against Colchester!

Absolutely.  It didn''t do me any harm when I first started work.  Unfortunately we live in a PC society that thinks it is detrimental to get young people doing the crappy jobs.  For me it is good grounding and gives you an appreciation of things when you take that first step up on the ladder.  Perhaps that is the plan, to get the youngsters sorting the kit out for the player they are associated with.

I still dont understand the moaning though.  The football side of our business is clearly not working, when something stops working successfully you change it until it does.  Thats precisely what is happening now and people are complaining about it.

I personally dont see the problem in getting rid of the education bloke or the U14 coach.  Glen has stated that these boys are doing the minimum, Chris Martin a prime example.  By changing the way they are coached and educated at a younger age is a good starting point.  If what we change doesnt work out we haven''t lost anything, because it wasn''t working anyway!!!!

I heard the kit man was on 2.5k a week. With a clean boot bonus if the boots were particularly well-cleaned. A total package in excess of £150k. Nice work if you can get it.

However, some of those stains can be a real beggar to remove!

Good. Bout time we didn''t renew the kit-man''s contract. That''s the whole reason we''ve been sh*t at the back....

[quote user="Fellas"]Good. Bout time we didn''t renew the kit-man''s contract. That''s the whole reason we''ve been sh*t at the back....[/quote]Seeing as we have no players, why do we need a kitman in any case?

[quote user="Grando"]I heard the kit man was on 2.5k a week. With a clean boot bonus if the boots were particularly well-cleaned. A total package in excess of £150k. Nice work if you can get it. However, some of those stains can be a real beggar to remove!

[/quote]

My application is in the post. [:D]

i cant see what this will acheive.. Postle wasnt a coach and, frome Reading Iwans Book, Is wel thought of by the players and probably works harder than anyone else in the ground....

More cost cutting from the club?

the next set of annual accounts are going to make interesting reading

jas :)

[quote user="chicken"]I know this kind of relates to another post but does anyone else remember the rumour regarding the Turners a few months after they had arrived?

The one that said they were surprised/shocked to see how certain aspects of the club were run and that they didn''t feel that this was the best it could be.

If that is the case maybe they are helping to over-see a sort of rebuild and restructuring of the club. It may not nessisarily be a bad  thing.
[/quote]

This is exactly how I viewed it.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

[quote user="chicken"]I know this kind of relates to another post but does anyone else remember the rumour regarding the Turners a few months after they had arrived?

The one that said they were surprised/shocked to see how certain aspects of the club were run and that they didn''t feel that this was the best it could be.

If that is the case maybe they are helping to over-see a sort of rebuild and restructuring of the club. It may not nessisarily be a bad  thing.
[/quote]

This is exactly how I viewed it.

[/quote]

same

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i cant see what this will acheive.. Postle wasnt a coach and, frome Reading Iwans Book, Is wel thought of by the players and probably works harder than anyone else in the ground....

More cost cutting from the club?

the next set of annual accounts are going to make interesting reading

jas :)

[/quote]

Cost cutting isn''t always a bad thing.  By maintaining turnover and cutting costs we make improvements to the bottom line.  The bottom line is what pays for new footballers, simple.