Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Leicester down

Anyone else really happy about this? Milan Mandaric at Leicester is the perfect case study on how not to run a club.

And as for Holloway. He may be funny, he may be a minor football celebrity, but hes taken a team who were relatively comfortable and got them relegated. Lets see if his BBC column is renewed...

And seeing as though Leicester were a premiership regular just four seasons ago, its a stark reminder how quickly clubs can fall.

kinda ironic.when both Leicester and Norwich were looking for new managers, Leicester fans were terrified of getting Roeder and wanted Jewell or Holloway.We were terrified of getting Roeder, we wanted Jewell or... in scome cases Holloway.How some of their fans mocked us getting Roeder while they got good ole Ollie.

Bubye.Plymouth is going to be rocking this week after this, they hate Holloway and Leicester - one consolation for Ollie is he won''t have to face his old fans at Home Park!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I wonder if Ian Hume is worth a look as a squad player?  Looks too good for League One.

[/quote]

Definitely, looked one of the few good players on show today.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

And as for Holloway. He may be funny, he may be a minor football celebrity, but hes taken a team who were relatively comfortable and got them relegated. Lets see if his BBC column is renewed...

[/quote]I think Holloway might have a lot of time on his hands next season, and won''t just be writing for the BBC.

Seems to me that not long ago there were plenty on this board bemoaning the fact that Mandaric had bought Leicester and not Norwich.

Apparently he has ''money'' and ''ambition'' and if we got someone in like that instead of our current board then all our problems would be over and we''d be a shoe in for the Premiership.

Nuff said really.

One of those people also said that Derby would stay up and Earnshaw would get 15 goals this season...Smudger is a funny guy.

But yeah, Money isn''t always the way forwards and maybe the method our board have taken is.

naaaaah

The problem with people like Mandaric in football is that they want instant results. Investment is a wonderful thing as long as the investment doesn''t come attached with an opinion. Mandaric would be fine as a sugar daddy but he has far too much say in club affairs as the chairman. If something doesn''t work out straight away he just throws money at it and changes it, you just can''t run a football club like that. People criticise Delia when she talks about only selling to a fan/local person, but that is because she is trying to avoid Norwich following Leicester'' example this season.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries87"]

The problem with people like Mandaric in football is that they want instant results. Investment is a wonderful thing as long as the investment doesn''t come attached with an opinion. Mandaric would be fine as a sugar daddy but he has far too much say in club affairs as the chairman. If something doesn''t work out straight away he just throws money at it and changes it, you just can''t run a football club like that. People criticise Delia when she talks about only selling to a fan/local person, but that is because she is trying to avoid Norwich following Leicester'' example this season.

OTBC

[/quote]

Nail hit precisely on head - and surprisingly an awful lot of these rich and ambitious investors do want a say and do want instant results.

Liverpool or Man City anyone??

Anyway immensely pleasing to see Mandaric relegated, am struggling to think of a more deserving case.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

but hes taken a team who were relatively comfortable and got them relegated.

[/quote]

Since when were Leicester relatively comfortable they have been down there all season you idiot

Am I the only one who remembers the moron on here, that predicted the table with Leicester winning the Championship and us getting relegated? Haha, I looked for the post but I couldn''t find it.

Unlucky foxtrot, or whoever the Leicester fan is called on here!

i wasn;t to bothered about leicester getting relegated. until i realised how brilliant away games are at leicester due to the banter by both sets of fans. and the fact their fans are actually fans. will be a shame not having the walkers stadium to go to next year.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

Am I the only one who remembers the moron on here, that predicted the table with Leicester winning the Championship and us getting relegated? Haha, I looked for the post but I couldn''t find it.

[/quote]

Don''t know, but Garry Birtles was tipping Leicester as his ''big dark horses'' and said that Norwich should be ''fearing the drop''.http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2007/aug/06/guardianspecial4.guardianspecial231He also got the fates of Palace, Hull, Stoke, QPR, Southampton, Burnley, Charlton, Preston, Coventry, Plymouth, Sheff Weds and Sheff Utd (and probably Ipswich too) slightly wrong.

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2007/aug/06/guardianspecial4.guardianspecial231]Clickable linkage[/url]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]i wasn;t to bothered about leicester getting relegated. until i realised how brilliant away games are at leicester due to the banter by both sets of fans. and the fact their fans are actually fans. will be a shame not having the walkers stadium to go to next year.[/quote]not convinced their fans are anything special, the Walkers "library" is one of the dullest grounds in the country. But at least there will be two more East midlands teams to play, Forest and Derby.

[quote user="Hughesy"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

Since when were Leicester relatively comfortable they have been down there all season you idiot

[/quote]

Anger issues?

I was under the impression when Holloway took over they were around 16th, with Megson leaving to Bolton. Maybe wrong though. Im sure you will be willing to correct me?

I''m glad they''re down as Holloway gets right on my nerves. The media love him because he''s supposed to be a wacky "character", when in reality he''s just an annoying gas-bag.

Also, Leicester''s a dump which I won''t miss visiting. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Gutted for Holloway and the fans but it is nice to say "up yours Mandaric" isnt it?

jas :)

[/quote]

I''m gutted for the fans but ...... gutted for Holloway ..... you must be kidding Jas, surely?

[quote user="Marmite"]

I''m glad they''re down as Holloway gets right on my nerves. The media love him because he''s supposed to be a wacky "character", when in reality he''s just an annoying gas-bag.

Also, Leicester''s a dump which I won''t miss visiting. 

[/quote]Well, after using his BBC column to slate Roeder, I personally think it''s hilarious that they''ve gone down, especially with all the money that they spent.

I like Holloway.... Dont think he''s a bad manager... look what he did With Brizzol Rewvers, Qpr and Plymouth.... not big clubs any if them but he steadied the ship and in Plymouths case made them playoff contenders.

jas :)

[quote user="Hughesy"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh and Hughesy my friend,

"Holloway became Leicester''s fourth permanent boss in a year when he took charge after leaving Plymouth last November.

The club were 17th at the time and their struggle to score goals led to a sequence of poor results which saw them slide down the table"

Im still an idiot though.