Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Leicester down

I''m sorry to see any team relegated, with one obvious exception. I would be delighted if the scum had to play in the same league as King''s Lynn next season, which after their financial mismanagement is about the best they deserve.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

Seems to me that not long ago there were plenty on this board bemoaning the fact that Mandaric had bought Leicester and not Norwich.

Apparently he has ''money'' and ''ambition'' and if we got someone in like that instead of our current board then all our problems would be over and we''d be a shoe in for the Premiership.

Nuff said really.

[/quote]

yeah? cos our board has really done us proud haven''t say? we finished 3 points above Leicester, in 17th position, and the only reason we stayed up is we had a bit of luck in that Roeder applied for the job after the board cocked it up first time round. We will be in Leicester''s shoes next year unless the Board seriously get their collective fingers out.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Great news. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3520489,00.html

Although I agree JJG, feel sorry for the fans and the players.

[/quote]

Yes, absolute classic although I agree with you about the fans, not their fault.

But what planet is this guy on - "You don''t have to be Einstein. If you look at the support I have given to my managers and my players, both financially and morally, and what do you get in response" says the guy who''s got through 4 managers in a little over a year.

And plenty of people on here thought it would be a good idea to get this a**e to take over at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Anyone else really happy about this? Milan Mandaric at Leicester is the perfect case study on how not to run a club.

And as for Holloway. He may be funny, he may be a minor football celebrity, but hes taken a team who were relatively comfortable and got them relegated. Lets see if his BBC column is renewed...

And seeing as though Leicester were a premiership regular just four seasons ago, its a stark reminder how quickly clubs can fall.

[/quote]

Yep, really funny Trent... it could be us next year... it could of been us this year... a mere 3 seasons from playing in the Premiership (as it could of been for Southampton too).

Milan Mandaric can be a knob at times... but he didn''t do a bad job at Portsmouth did he???

Playing around with managers and ending up with Holloway (who will no doubt be getting the sack soon too) has undoubtedly been one of the elements of Leicester''s downfall. Mandaric can be the only one to blame for this, but Leicester like us have been flirting with the wrong end of this table and underachieving for far too long.

It could be us next year... but don''t worry I am sure there will be plenty of us here pinning Delia to the wall as a prime example of how not to run a football club too.

[quote user="Polar"]One of those people also said that Derby would stay up and Earnshaw would get 15 goals this season...
Smudger is a funny guy.

But yeah, Money isn''t always the way forwards and maybe the method our board have taken is.

naaaaah
[/quote]

I said the bit about Derby Polar...

What I said about Leicester was slightly different.

With regards to Derby, I didn''t realise that Billy Davies was a knob and that Earnie would spend the whole season on the bench watching the fantastic Kenny Miller.

Enough said really, other than I''m sure Billy Davies will be on Delia''s next shopping list when it all goes tits up for Roeder & Clark next season.

just shut up smudgerwe all know what your opinions are worth, well, i couldnt buy a lot with it.we wont be a leicester, we didnt give allen millions to buy crap, thats what did them in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anyone gutted for poor old Smudger [:^)][;)]

[/quote]

Ahh thanks Nutty... I never knew you cared... [:$]

[quote user="buddhaboy"]just shut up smudger
we all know what your opinions are worth, well, i couldnt buy a lot with it.
we wont be a leicester, we didnt give allen millions to buy crap, thats what did them in.

[/quote]

Lets just see if anything has changed come November then shall we?

Before we start getting carried away... it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Roeder will be seen in the same light as Grant by then and somebdoy else is seen as the new guiding light is it?

We have got worse and worse each season since relegation and not looked like challenging for the play-off''s once (not great for a team who was favourites to win the league less than 3 years ago).

Another year on the backwards escolator and we will be in Leicester''s shoes in a years time... and it has been coming for one hell of a long time, while the majority have stood back watched and actively supported our decline.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Milan Mandaric can be a knob at times... but he didn''t do a bad job at Portsmouth did he???

[/quote]

Redknapp didn''t do a bad job at Pompey Smudge, not sure about Mandaric.

Mandaric in this league without ''arry now reads 18th, 20th, 17th and 22nd.

Let''s hope Roeder can be our boards ''arry.

[quote user="Hughesy"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

but hes taken a team who were relatively comfortable and got them relegated.

[/quote]

Since when were Leicester relatively comfortable they have been down there all season you idiot

[/quote]

They have been down there for the past 4 seasons actually.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn''t he choose ''arry and then give him plenty of money to spend though Nutty?

I am sure we would all view Delia with rosey tinted specs is she gives Glen the same courtesy of an open chequebook?

We can only but hope... but I for one think that Auntie Deals will be asking Glen to perform miracles once again.

Yes Smudger, he did choose ''arry and backed him and I''m not saying otherwise. But ''arry wasn''t his first choice and he also chose Claridge, Rix, Velimir, Perrin, Allen, Megson and Holloway plus countless other caretakers while he was carefully selecting his next bodger. I used to think Mandaric and Redknapp was the dream ticket but after Portsmouths success this season I realised that it was Redknapp and any backer .

Indeed Mandaric has just got himself on the "I don''t care how much money you have, go away" List.It is currently:Milian MandaricThaksin ShinawatraVladamir RomanovGraeme SounessGeorge GilletTom HicksThat italian guy that would "buy ipswich instead".and, for non-football reasons,Mohammed Al FayedSimon Jordan.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn''t he choose ''arry and then give him plenty of money to spend though Nutty?

I am sure we would all view Delia with rosey tinted specs is she gives Glen the same courtesy of an open chequebook?

We can only but hope... but I for one think that Auntie Deals will be asking Glen to perform miracles once again.

[/quote]again, i dont find your opinion valid as you have been wrong and petty so many times before, you are like a politician....just re iterate whatever argument is winning.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I''m sorry to see any team relegated, with one obvious exception. I would be delighted if the scum had to play in the same league as King''s Lynn next season, which after their financial mismanagement is about the best they deserve.[/quote]

Am I the only one who''d love to see Fulham dropping a division?

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I''m sorry to see any team relegated, with one obvious exception. I would be delighted if the scum had to play in the same league as King''s Lynn next season, which after their financial mismanagement is about the best they deserve.[/quote]

Am I the only one who''d love to see Fulham dropping a division?

[/quote]No, I agree, they are a nothing team and i''d love to see them down where they belong.