Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

I heard Robert Eagle is signing a new contract.

Can someone on here please tell me if they have ever seen Eagle do anything good.

I have seen him in reserves and training. He has no pace, cant pass, cant shoot, cant cross, lightweight, cant head, cant tackle, he is useless in all areas, hence why Ipswich released him before he joined the Norwich academy.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhonestly, one of the most useless academy products i know of, id rather sign cave brown and bally smart up, that will do.

If you dare to do any of those football things your out the door, just walk about the club with a smile on your face and dont talk back and the contract is yours

Robert Eagle... Naaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.  I saw him in training once and he looked really good, but every time he has been in the first team, he has been rubbish.

The first post sums him up to a T. He''s struggle in League One let alone the Championship. In League two he''d be fine and given Doomcaster''s words of encouragement that''s where we may well be at the end of the season after next.

He''s an odd one, has been played at left-back a lot in the reserves but when he''s played at left-wing he seems to set up every goal.

I think the above comments are a bit harsh but still probably not good enough for the first-team.

he apparently has a delivery ''''better than Darren Huckerby''''

Pity he doesn''t have the pace etc. to go with it!

If he doesn''t make it at Norwich City there is another BIG club in Norfolk that will take him. [;)] Perhaps Glenn would be kind enough to give the lad a run out on 29th July, when a Norwich City ''eleven'' will visit the Walks as the build up to the new Conference South season starts for us.

Have heard him and Cave Brown are the only youngsters to be kept on. The rest are being got shot of.

The boy can pass, thats the one given.  Remember people he is young and still developing.  He might be lightweight now, but what about in 2/3 years time.  This is what you look for in your young players.....

I believe the Club actually has a one year extension option on his existing contract, so I''d be really surprised if they were offering him a new contract (unless it''s on less money [;)] ) 

I don''t know why he''d want to sign another contract after not getting a sniff of first team action all year. He''s probably quite a skillful player and has a decent left foot but like Simon Lappin and Clint Easton he lacks pace and probably isn''t good enough. Not his fault - i''m sure he tries very hard and has a good attitude but I''d be surprised if he was here next season

Sorry but this is one of the main reasons the majority of football fans annoy the hell out of me. Robert Eagle has played a handful of first team games and has shown in those games he can cross the ball pretty well. He hasn''t shown a great deal else, this does not mean he never will. Footballers take time to develop, Eagle played a handful of games in one of the worst spells in our recent history. Rossi Jarvis and Spillane have only had a few games also and many of you have decided they''re crap. If Robert Eagle couldn''t cross or pass well, then I imagine that the proffessionals who watch him play every day might have noticed. Everyone is intitled to their opinion, but saying a player is incapable of any footballing skills whatsoever is just ignorant. Chances are he will end up in League 2 or Conference, but I think Norwich fans will probably help him get there, by the annoying collective groan which accompanies any mis-placed pass. These things do affect young players. Players do not dare try anything at all audatious as they will be booed for it. It is a pathetic mentatilty. Let the players play, cheer when something good happens, boo if a player is not giving his all.Sorry for the rant, but think about how many players have left Norwich because they are supposedly rubbish and gone on to succesful careers elsewhere. Coaches and scouts are not idiots, Eagle has some talent. There are many factors which will decide his future; his personal ambition, the correct coaching, good loan spells, motivation, fan backing, how many left wingers we have at the club, and many others. Just try and be supportive please.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Sorry but this is one of the main reasons the majority of football fans annoy the hell out of me. Robert Eagle has played a handful of first team games and has shown in those games he can cross the ball pretty well. He hasn''t shown a great deal else, this does not mean he never will. Footballers take time to develop, Eagle played a handful of games in one of the worst spells in our recent history. Rossi Jarvis and Spillane have only had a few games also and many of you have decided they''re crap. If Robert Eagle couldn''t cross or pass well, then I imagine that the proffessionals who watch him play every day might have noticed. Everyone is intitled to their opinion, but saying a player is incapable of any footballing skills whatsoever is just ignorant. Chances are he will end up in League 2 or Conference, but I think Norwich fans will probably help him get there, by the annoying collective groan which accompanies any mis-placed pass. These things do affect young players. Players do not dare try anything at all audatious as they will be booed for it. It is a pathetic mentatilty. Let the players play, cheer when something good happens, boo if a player is not giving his all.

Sorry for the rant, but think about how many players have left Norwich because they are supposedly rubbish and gone on to succesful careers elsewhere. Coaches and scouts are not idiots, Eagle has some talent. There are many factors which will decide his future; his personal ambition, the correct coaching, good loan spells, motivation, fan backing, how many left wingers we have at the club, and many others. Just try and be supportive please.
[/quote]

Here Here, Goodluck to the boy

I sincerely hope not!

Eagles not good enough and never will be!

Along with the Jarvis bros, Halliday and Cave Brown Mr Eagle should be shown the door! 

Eagle is now 21 years old 3 starts 7 subs for city.  I have only seen him play on a handful of occasions, suffice to say I wasn''t particuarly impressed.  I''m sure those making the decisions see something in him worth keeping on, and it won''t be costing us much cash.  What is the problem?  Hopefully he will be loaned out next season and show his worth.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Eagle is now 21 years old 3 starts 7 subs for city.  I have only seen him play on a handful of occasions, suffice to say I wasn''t particuarly impressed.  I''m sure those making the decisions see something in him worth keeping on, and it won''t be costing us much cash.  What is the problem?  Hopefully he will be loaned out next season and show his worth.
[/quote]

I have seen his 1st team appearances and been to many reserve games. Eagle has good technical ability but is painfully slow for a wide player and this will get worse the older he gets. He is very lightweight as well. The low number of 1st team apps up to present when he is 21 tells the story - not good enough and has had long enough to prove himself here.

The club has paid a heavy price in giving the clearly not good enough Ian Henderson and Ryan Jarvis both 2 years longer than they deserved while players with more potential messrs Hayes and Crow were not given less than half as long to prove themselves. I hope we don''t have the embarrassment of watching Tom Miller establish himself at Rangers in the years to come!