Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Cureton??? Any Comments?

In my opinion we would have been home and hosed if he had converted half the sitters he''s missed this season.

I know a lot of you love the boy but dear oh dear, how can you exscuse todays misses?

Understand what your saying ricardo - Gutted for him as we know he can do it - makes no sense. :(

its the trouble on here too many scape goats, the whole team is a blxxdy disgrace imo, they should all stand up and be counted and for too much of the season we aint been good enough.

[quote user="ricardo"]

In my opinion we would have been home and hosed if he had converted half the sitters he''s missed this season.

I know a lot of you love the boy but dear oh dear, how can you exscuse todays misses?

[/quote]

You simply can''t, however if we turned up in the first half we would have got a result anyway.

[quote user="ricky knight"]its the trouble on here too many scape goats, the whole team is a blxxdy disgrace imo, they should all stand up and be counted and for too much of the season we aint been good enough.[/quote]

Agreed Ricky, but I thought generally the boys played well today and in the second half we created several good chances. If your main scorer can''t knock in relatively easy chances then you have little chance.

Yes, lets all blame Jamie.

Forget a board who won''t invest, a tinkering manager, a keeper who makes basic errors a speciality, a defence what can''t defend.

Yes, its all Cureo''s fault.[:|]

unfortunately it aint about one day ricardo, we have been dross for most of the season, although i now see where your question is coming from.

He''s just not good enough. He''d be ok to have as backup but as long as he''s regarded as being a first choice striker then Norwich are going to really struggle. Not saying that he''s the only player who falls short but it''s goals that win you matches and he just hasn''t got what it takes to deliver on a regular basis. One off season last time round with Colchester and he''s been found out big time this season.

Well I thought we lost because Donkerty, Shax (I can''t think of a poke-fun name for him) and butterfingers had disasters of games. Cureton missed 2 good chances. Evans missed some chances and pattison. The difference was their defence was better and they took their chances. The only ones you can blame for todays defeat are the board (and no I''m not a nobby negative). The difference between us and wba was huge today. Why have we fallen so far and them not? Once we were a far superior team than they were. How long before we compare ourselves to scunthorpe and colchester.

its a tough one reli. jamie gets into scoring positions far more regularly than evans or dublin do, which is to his credit, the problem is he misses far to many of these chances which at the end of the day is costing us points. i am a big cureton fan, he is after all the top scorer, however he was bought here to score goals and win matches for us, if he wud of taken at least 1 of his chances 2day, we wud of come away with at least a point.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Forget a board who won''t invest, a tinkering manager, a keeper who makes basic errors a speciality, a defence what can''t defend.

[/quote]

Those things certainly don''t help but I''m afraid if we go down we can look back at Jamies misses as the main reason why.

Some of you same incapable of taking any critisism over Jamie but it was his glaring misses that cost us again today. He was bought as the main man and I''m afraid that his conversion ratio is just not up to the mark. I don''t want to witch hunt the guy because I have always had a soft spot for him but there comes a time when you need to take off the blinkers.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Those things certainly don''t help but I''m afraid if we go down we can look back at Jamies misses as the main reason why.

Some of you same incapable of taking any critisism over Jamie but it was his glaring misses that cost us again today. He was bought as the main man and I''m afraid that his conversion ratio is just not up to the mark. I don''t want to witch hunt the guy because I have always had a soft spot for him but there comes a time when you need to take off the blinkers.

[/quote]The fact is if cureton wasn''t playing we wouldn''t have got the chances that he missed and would dubs have got anymore chances and taken them. I don''t know, we can''t predict that. Cureton missed his chances that he should have taken but then again we created little much else. To blame him for defeat because he missed some self created chances is harsh indeed. I would blame the defence and the lack of clear chances we made today rather than our ineffectiveness infront of goal.

I don''t think we can just blame Jamie for the position we''re in but if we are being honest about todays game then yes he missed several sitters which could have won us the game.

People always have their favourites Ricardo and we all see different things in players. I find it hard to comprehend how Cureton has missed so many this season after scoring so many last year. But he''s still the best goalscorer at the club and to be fair he has scored 14 in 42 since he came here. One in three is much the same rate as Ched Evans 8 in 25. However, Earnshaws 27 in 47 while he was here does put them both in the shade. 

I don''t blame anybody for today. I thought we played really well against a good side brimming with confidence. If we get relegated it won''t be because we lost 2-1  to WBA.

ok Jamie had some glaring misses today but its collective isnt it? he has 14 goals.. and without those goals we''d of been dead and buried long ago...

we are where we are because our squad is rubbish... and yes that includes certain "big" squad players... we are a poor football team and heading in the wrong direction at that

jas :)

He''s barn door Jamie and lives up to his name game after game. Gibbs the forgotten player.....you forget he''s on the pitch. But the whole team were rubbish today. Roeder thought Gibbs would be better than Russell.....wrong!

I fact the whole club is becoming a laughing stock, as long as there is a nice prawn sandwich or quality bottle of the wine for the elite supports who at the club cares if the FOOTBALL crap? no one.

If the decision makers at the club don''t invest "on the pitch" big time this summer be it in what ever league we end up in I think its time to put the club on e-bay.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST  (Before its too late)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We`ve have been poor all season,  all your reasons are valid points which I agree with to some extent but today we created some good chances and failled miserably to convert them. Cureo`s performance today was awfull, he is not above critisism and when you look back at todays game he has to shoulder some blame.

[/quote]

At the moment is missing too many chances so has to drop to the bench for next weeks game!

I lost patience with Cureton months ago. I am sick of watching him miss chance after chance. Any half decent striker would of buried those two easy chances he had. Did anyone see Roeder''s and Clark''s reaction after Cureton missed his second easy chance? They went nuts!

Cureton has been rubbish all season.  He had one good game against ColU but that is it.  He as missed numerous amounts of easy chances this season, and for a supposed 20 goal a season striker that is not good enough.  We need a new striker sharpish.

How many goals have come from the midfielders and central defenders this season, Ricardo?

Maybe Cureton should hide and not get in position? His conversion rato would look better then.

My wireless also usually shows St. Dion missing a fair few too - but he, of course, is beyond reproach, I guess.

There''s a systemic rot at the club, Ricardo, and the current lot don''t really have a clue what to do about it.

The club has become soft, small-minded and rudderless. No vision, low benchmarks, zero drive.

To my mind Cureton''s disappointing conversion ratio this season is a very small part of the clubs dilemma.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

People always have their favourites Ricardo and we all see different things in players. I find it hard to comprehend how Cureton has missed so many this season after scoring so many last year. But he''s still the best goalscorer at the club and to be fair he has scored 14 in 42 since he came here. One in three is much the same rate as Ched Evans 8 in 25. However, Earnshaws 27 in 47 while he was here does put them both in the shade. 

I don''t blame anybody for today. I thought we played really well against a good side brimming with confidence. If we get relegated it won''t be because we lost 2-1  to WBA.

[/quote]

Yes Nutty, I thought we played quite well. Unfortunately the team that took their chances won. I don''t hold with the statement that we were rubbish today because quite plainly we were not. WBA were hanging on for long periods in the second half and any decent finishing would have got us at least a point.

I really don''t want to keep getting on Jamies back  but it''s not just today. You are right that we won''t get relegated just on the back of this defeat but there have been numerous games where bad finishing has cost us points. I am not saying it''s entirely his fault but as "the main man" he must shoulder most of the responsibility.

He really has been guilty of some diabolical finishing this season. You really can''t keep blaming Marshall, Shacks and Docherty when you have someone guilty of missing very presentable chances. After all, it''s what we pay him for. It''s got to be soul destroying for the defence to know that if they make one mistake then we are in trouble because the best we can hope for is to score one goal a game.

[quote user="ricky knight"]its the trouble on here too many scape goats, the whole team is a blxxdy disgrace imo, they should all stand up and be counted and for too much of the season we aint been good enough.[/quote]

Blimey this is the 3rd time this season I have agreed with you Ricky lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

it cant last surely [:D]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

it cant last surely [:D]

[/quote]

lol or it might be the start of something beautiful  [;)]

Goals not the defence has been our problem all season.WBA have conceded 54 goals compared to our 57.Based on this i have decided to carry out some research to try to discover some more details of why we struggle.It seems to be a mix between the midfield not scoring many and our other strikers not pitching to help cureton. Evans provided a small pep up in the striking department but had a long barren patch.Jamie has missed many sitters but good on him for getting in the right postions the shame is that his failings are magnified by the lack of another striker (Double figures) to help take some of the burden, also what a about a midfielder or two weighting in with 7,8 or 9 goals each per season.NCFC has frequently struggled for strikers in recent years however the goalscoring charts this season when compared to the last few highlight the need for some other players to help out on the scoring front.2007/2008 so farCureton  14  dublin 9  evans 7 Hucks  4 russell 42006/2007Earnie 19 hucks  13  dublin  7  etuhu 7  Martin 52005/2006 Ashton 11 Hucks 9 earnie 8 mcveigh 8 Mckenzie 52004/2005 (premiership)aston 7 francis 7 Hucks 7 mcKenzie 7 Svensson 42003/2004hucks 14 mcKenzie 9 Roberts 8 Francis 7 Svensson 72002/2003McVeigh 15 Mulryne 8 Roberts 7 abbey/mackay/neilsen each with 6A few points to pick out:14 goals form cureton in a relegation threatened team isnt so bad.Where would we be without Hucks (47 goals in 5 seasons) and damn his drop in form/injuries have effected us this season.At 4 goals so far this season as our highest scoring midfielder Russell is way below what we need from midfield.I have not included earlier seasons were Iwans goals kept us up, however the differnce we now have is that when Iwan stepped aside hucks stepped in. Now when hucks has dropped in form we have expected cureton to get all the goals we need.To conclude then it looks like Glen will have a hell of task on his hands if were are playing in the championship next year.He needs to fill dublins shoes as well as get some midfielders/backup strikers in who can create/score 7 or more goals a season. 

[quote user="elppits"]It seems to be a mix between the midfield not scoring many and our other strikers not pitching to help cureton. Evans provided a small pep up in the striking department but had a long barren patch.Jamie has missed many sitters but good on him for getting in the right postions the shame is that his failings are magnified by the lack of another striker (Double figures) to help take some of the burden, also what a about a midfielder or two weighting in with 7,8 or 9 goals each per season. [/quote]I am not a Cureton fan - I think he is average at best - but I think your point here is fair enough.  His failings are magnified by being the only player in the side who looks likely to score, and who takes up the "classic" centre-forward positions.  None of this excuses the basic fact that on yesterday''s display he is not anywhere near good enough.

Dut dur Dut F**kin useless, no more than a res'' team player during first spell at club & the only thing thats impoved is his bank balance,

Want an example? heres one, yesterday during the first half we lost possesion on halfway - wide right, Robinson their fullback attacked,

Cureton was within touching distance at the start of the counter, within  20 yards  he was so far behind he gave up chasing,

he has no pace, cannot pass, has an awful first touch & needs countless chances to score, hes not fit to lace Ashton or Earnie''s footwear 

but in his defence he''s a cheap option & of cause he ''loves the club'' 

If thats the criteria now being adopted when purchasing players, most on this forum had better start cleaning there boots.

(PEANUTS & MONKEYS spring to mind) 

On a more positive note, if results continue in the same fashion we wont need to replace jamie because his record in the lower divisions is as we keep hearing prolifice.

Look out Haetlepool!!