Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

Players not living near city .

I just met a guy who lives near Luck Chadwick in Cambridge. I wonder how many of our players live say 30 + miles from the club .I dont like the idea of players being based away .It must take a bit of passion away from their mind set .

Luck Chodwink won''t leave his family, and they want to stay in Cambridge.  The long commute to Stoke was wearing him out, so he was happy to be purchased by Norwich, lowering his commute significantly.  Good on him for being a fine family man. 

I am quite sure all the other payers aremuch closer, because the fact Lark Chedwork was still commuting that far was a big part of the story when he came here.

nothing wrong with this, aslong as they make it to training etc. players should be able to live there own lifestyles .. the doc lives in dunston hall that''s not far away from anything at all .. but why should this matter ?

[quote user="slaphead"]

I just met a guy who lives near Luck Chadwick in Cambridge. I wonder how many of our players live say 30 + miles from the club .I dont like the idea of players being based away .It must take a bit of passion away from their mind set .

[/quote]

Probably only just over an hour from Colney if he''s this side of Cambridge, think most of the other players live locally.

[quote user="kick it off"]Dion Dublin lives not too far from myself in Stratford upon Avon.
[/quote]

Yes but he''s renting a house in North Norfolk whilst he''s here.

[quote user="noz4lyf"] the doc lives in dunston hall that''s not far away from anything at all .. but why should this matter ?[/quote]

I remember him saying he was having a house built when he signed for us in 2005 but didnt realise they took 3 years to build. [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="slaphead"]

[/quote]

Probably only just over an hour from Colney if he''s this side of Cambridge, think most of the other players live locally.

[/quote]

Hour and a half, no more, no less.

Why not move Louk Chesspit into that naff hotel which occupies a potential corner infill, without all the traveling he might even last 90 mins for the first time, he''d make the hotel look twice as interesting that''s for sure, second thoughts lets just replace him with three, sixteen year old loanees

Hour and a half, no more, no less.

I work in Cambridge and I allow and hour and three quarters - but I do not travel at the speed of light !

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="slaphead"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not a bad commute either when you are driving a nice car.

GOOD ONE NUTTY NIGEL!  However, there is a player who llives next t my parents'' home.  They live in Sheringham, not Houston, though.  That''s Dion Dublin.  Or as someone pointed out, he stays there some of the time (during the season) and has a full time home elsewhere.

One of my family got rushed into Addenbrookes last year and was in intensive care for a week. I visited them every other day and it used to take me an hour to get from my home (I live 12 miles out of Norwich) to the park and ride near Addenbrookes, so depending on where Look Camberwick lives he should be able to get to Colney in an hour (probably quicker)

I went to Cambridge quite a few times in the summer and autumn and it took me about 2 hours. I live in yarmouth and takes me about 45 minutes to get to the A11 so that''d make it an hour and a quarter. So depending on where Look Chimberwock lives he''d be able to get there in time between 1 minute to about 24 days.

I recently spotted Lunk Chiselwhite in ASDA.

I think he was using Carl Cort''s personal shopping trolley.

Huckleberry Lives near "lowstuff" (lowestoft).

Incidentally i saw him today in the shell garage on Ipswich road.. heading towards the city.... was about 9:30... i dunno what time training starts but it might indicate he was injured and couldnt attend so wont feature tommorow?

jas :)

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

I work in Cambridge and I allow and hour and three quarters - but I do not travel at the speed of light !

[/quote]I think I got stuck behind you the other week

I know Adam Drury used to live in the Loddon area  because used to see him and his missus walking the dog alot! Im at uni in london now so not sure if he still does or not. So thats only 20mins ish away so thats pretty good.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Huckleberry Lives near "lowstuff" (lowestoft).

Incidentally i saw him today in the shell garage on Ipswich road.. heading towards the city.... was about 9:30... i dunno what time training starts but it might indicate he was injured and couldnt attend so wont feature tommorow?

jas :)

[/quote]

He doesn''t live in Lowestoft Jas, he lives on the outskirts of Norwich, 5 mins from where I used to live.