Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

FICKLE FANS?

i came on today and cant believe some posts im reading to be honest

jas the barclay king
"Time will eventually run out for Marshall... not soon enough if you ask me."

he is in top 3 keepers in league - proven in actim stats
he has won norwich countless valueable points - think of the 1-0 wins as well
he is young all keepers make mistakes if he doesnt ever make mistake he be manutd keeper now
he is great talent in this league

noz4lyf
title - "jamie cureton shabolic" 
  "possibly the worse player i''ve ever seen in my life ..

he''s a good excuse for a hobbit in a football team .."

he may not be top quality but he will get you 10 goals season - better than what you got anywhere else in your squad currently - he doesnt miss on purpose you know? and gives 110% thats all you can ask for
he was cheap buy - if you stick him with 15-20goal man he would look much better, you get what you buy i dont know why you expecting great things
i bet you wasnt saying this when he scored cracker last week or any other goals he scored

1st Wizard
I blame Roeder for:
a. Signing baby, injured loanees in the January window, and playing them ahead of an established winning team.
b. The board for not releasing serious cash in January, hell, they even made a profit in that window!.
How much will relegation to League One cost the club Ricky? I predict it could see us fold, so much for their damn prudence then!"

the loans was to boost the squad after getting rid of dead wood or rotten apples you had, roeder was left with a small squad so he had to loan players. i thought you was happy with the likes of bertrand, evans? maybe i was wrong
how do you know the board didnt realise funds? glenn may prefer to spend in summer? there wasnt to many available signings was there? who else bought players you thought jesus why didnt we get him - not many im guessing
----------------------------------------------------------------------

basically its not my place to come on here and say this , and i cant really comment on my own fans as they have been same as you guys in past

but you lot are SO FICKLE

glenn roeder - was a god 3weeks ago, you was going up, he was seen as a god, 3weeks later you lot coming out questioning his signings, tactics and abilities

cureton - you lot kept banging on about how good he was, he starting to score now, didnt score last night (missed a sitter i believe) and all sudden he ***

marshall - top 3 keeper now you lot saying drop him

GROW UP PEOPLE

before your match on 24th november you was bottom on 9pts

preston were the team in 21st on 15pts

so 7pts technically back then as your gd was -16 pne was -5

even with good run you should still realistically be in the battle so be grateful for where you are

and support your team

Wow.  I agree with the lad on just about everything he has said.Sadly. for some people on here (you know who you are) when we win a game we are great and everything is rosey.  When we lose, everyone is to blame Roeder, Tactics, Players , Board, Substitutions and even worse is the people who are now blaming it on Roeder sitting in the stands.   How much more F***ing obvious could it be......HE HAS A HEADSET which he uses to be in constant communication with Clark, he doesnt sit up there like a fan and watch.  Sorry but that really pissed me off last night when I heard someone on Canary Call moaning about that and even someone on here posted it last week.Some people need to stop being so extreme with their opinions.  You''ll only change it again next time we play.

We are not all fickle WE8WBA.  We are just frustrated that after the great run we went on, which took us very close to the play offs has been so dramatically undone.  Which on the face of it looks down to unnecessary tinkering by Glen Roeder, I have opinions as to why but can''t be bothered to explain at the moment.  Jamie Cureton hasn''t scored nearly enough goals this season and we are frustrated, especially given some of the gilt edged chances he has missed.  The hammering of Marshall is just unnecessary and far too harsh in my book.

The thing is though is that we need to vent our frustrations and argue what is right and what is wrong with the team, the performances etc.  Sometimes we get interesting debate on this forum where we do indeed talk about football.  I am sure if you went on a Wolves forum they would be doing much the same given you are in a similar freefall at the moment.

The really irritating thing on this board, and probably coming soon on this thread is a tirade against the board and how it is all there fault.  That is what frustrates me more than anything.

Well said we8wba, a more objective post from someone who doesn''t have either a keyboard agenda or blinkered specs. Frankly with the rubbish we had in our squad I will be very happy to avoid relegation by 1 point. GR had to act fast- he couldn''t take many risks by shipping in loads of permanents. Generally his signings have been good and confidence returned. But for JC last night we would have had at least a point. This repeated yo-yo mentality borders on schizophrenia. Some folks need to see the bigger picture and stop wearing nappies.

I think the trouble is that to many people post without thinking about what it is they are posting. When things are going well some posters get caught up in the euphoria of a run of good results, and start to believe what they read in the media regarding play off etc, equally when we find ourselves in a poor run of form some posters get caught up in the doom and gloom, usually following a poor result, and look to blame anybody or everybody for that poor result.

As an old git who has been through every emotion supporting Norwich can throw at you (at least twice [:D]) my view, for what it is worth, is that we played well in patches but we lack pace up front, lack a real cutting edge (but I temper that by saying the service to the front two was not great) and lack a real bite in midfield. Sure you can blame Cureton for "missing" a (rare) chance (or was it just good goalkeeping on behalf of Nash?) or Marshall for the goal (or should we have cleared our lines more effectively?), but that would be unfair as it is a team game. I do not think we will go down (and I said a long time ago that we will not go up), and I look forward to next season as for me it is a "clean slate" for GR , without the albatross of our shocking start to the season hanging round his neck.

And listening to others you would think all is great down a carrer. The good run covered a multitude of sins, we are not good enough, we need new blood, permanent NCFC blood not other peoples cast offs, it will be interesting to see how many of our loanees actually go on to play regular football for their first team. Roeder still has my support but must stop tinkering, never change a winning team its a trusted formula and he has gone from being a confident leader to a bit of a whinger imo. The board, you all know my feelings on them.

[quote user="we8wba"]

jas the barclay king "Time will eventually run out for Marshall... not soon enough if you ask me."

he is in top 3 keepers in league - proven in actim stats he has won norwich countless valueable points - think of the 1-0 wins as well he is young all keepers make mistakes if he doesnt ever make mistake he be manutd keeper now he is great talent in this leaguenoz4lyftitle - "jamie cureton shabolic"    "possibly the worse player i''ve ever seen in my life ..

he may not be top quality but he will get you 10 goals season - better than what you got anywhere else in your squad currently - he doesnt miss on purpose you know? and gives 110% thats all you can ask for he was cheap buy - if you stick him with 15-20goal man he would look much better, you get what you buy i dont know why you expecting great things i bet you wasnt saying this when he scored cracker last week or any other goals he scored 1st Wizard I blame Roeder for:a. Signing baby, injured loanees in the January window, and playing them ahead of an established winning team.b. The board for not releasing serious cash in January, hell, they even made a profit in that window!.How much will relegation to League One cost the club Ricky? I predict it could see us fold, so much for their damn prudence then!"

the loans was to boost the squad after getting rid of dead wood or rotten apples you had, roeder was left with a small squad so he had to loan players. i thought you was happy with the likes of bertrand, evans? maybe i was wrong how do you know the board didnt realise funds? glenn may prefer to spend in summer? there wasnt to many available signings was there? who else bought players you thought jesus why didnt we get him - not many im guessing----------------------------------------------------------------------

basically its not my place to come on here and say this , and i cant really comment on my own fans as they have been same as you guys in past

glenn roeder - was a god 3weeks ago, you was going up, he was seen as a god, 3weeks later you lot coming out questioning his signings, tactics and abilities

cureton - you lot kept banging on about how good he was, he starting to score now, didnt score last night (missed a sitter i believe) and all sudden he ***

GROW UP PEOPLE

even with good run you should still realistically be in the battle so be grateful for where you are

and support your team

[/quote]1stly weLOVEwba. Jas has never rated Marhsall. He is not a fickle fan and has been posting on here for years. He''s not a nobby negative, but I suspect he''d or anybody else would tell you this anyway. This immediately throws your post into guess-work and ranting.2ndly a lot of people have not rated Cureton. They have made no silence on the issue. They still complained about him last week, it''s just the people who do rate him, including me, sung louder. It''s not looking so good now for your post is it.3rdly. Ranting about 1st wiz... ooh so original. Almost as original as beaker''s childish out-bursts or smudger using apologists 30 times in a post. So well done, this now has at least boosted your post up to speculative, unoriginal and common rubbish.4thly. Roeder a god? The same people who said that are still saying that. 3 Weeks ago I expressed my doubts and was completely shot down and abused. Now I still stand by what I said. Nobody is flip-floping. You just don''t bother to read people''s points and/or just listen to whoever posts in capitals.5thly. Grow up? Eh. We were bottom, we should be grateful for not being bottom? Are you a bit or an idiot or a complete idiot? We are 5 points of the relegation zone (our goal difference is still awful and one of the worst in the division). That means we have made a grand total of 11 points despite this super run and considering how few points we had to start that isn''t that good. Oh and by the way guess how many points we have more than preston. None. So we have caught 5points on a rubbish team that has a has-been striker who''s goal ratio is smaller than the proportion of nice wolves fans to thug wolves fans.Thank you Mr. Wolves fan for pointing out that we should be grateful that we could be relegated. I''d love to see how happy you''d be if wolves were on the verge of being relegated. You moan about McCarthy all the time. You slag off your own players as well and you seem to have no clue about norwich city football club in general. And to the people who agree with him, how about reading what people post for once. You lot are worse than cluck and smudger.

[quote user="we8wba"]

jas the barclay king

he is young all keepers make mistakes if he doesnt ever make mistake he be manutd keeper now

noz4lyf

he may not be top quality but he will get you 10 goals season - better than what you got anywhere else in your squad currently - he doesnt miss on purpose you know? and gives 110% thats all you can ask for
he was cheap buy - if you stick him with 15-20goal man he would look much better, you get what you buy i dont know why you expecting great things
i bet you wasnt saying this when he scored cracker last week or any other goals he scored

1st Wizard
I blame Roeder for:
a. Signing baby, injured loanees in the January window, and playing them ahead of an established winning team.
b. The board for not releasing serious cash in January, hell, they even made a profit in that window!.
How much will relegation to League One cost the club Ricky? I predict it could see us fold, so much for their damn prudence then!"

the loans was to boost the squad after getting rid of dead wood or rotten apples you had, roeder was left with a small squad so he had to loan players. i thought you was happy with the likes of bertrand, evans? maybe i was wrong
how do you know the board didnt realise funds? glenn may prefer to spend in summer? there wasnt to many available signings was there? who else bought players you thought jesus why didnt we get him - not many im guessing

GROW UP PEOPLE

and support your team

[/quote]

Because Wolves fans are never fickle are they? What did that banner say again? "You let us down again" was it not?

Fellas wrote

1stly weLOVEwba. Jas has never rated Marhsall. He is not a fickle fan and has been posting on here for years. He''s not a nobby negative, but I suspect he''d or anybody else would tell you this anyway. This immediately throws your post into guess-work and ranting.

2ndly a lot of people have not rated Cureton. They have made no silence on the issue. They still complained about him last week, it''s just the people who do rate him, including me, sung louder. It''s not looking so good now for your post is it.

3rdly. Ranting about 1st wiz... ooh so original. Almost as original as beaker''s childish out-bursts or smudger using apologists 30 times in a post. So well done, this now has at least boosted your post up to speculative, unoriginal and common rubbish.

4thly. Roeder a god? The same people who said that are still saying that. 3 Weeks ago I expressed my doubts and was completely shot down and abused. Now I still stand by what I said. Nobody is flip-floping. You just don''t bother to read people''s points and/or just listen to whoever posts in capitals.

5thly. Grow up? Eh. We were bottom, we should be grateful for not being bottom? Are you a bit or an idiot or a complete idiot? We are 5 points of the relegation zone (our goal difference is still awful and one of the worst in the division). That means we have made a grand total of 11 points despite this super run and considering how few points we had to start that isn''t that good. Oh and by the way guess how many points we have more than preston. None. So we have caught 5points on a rubbish team that has a has-been striker who''s goal ratio is smaller than the proportion of nice wolves fans to thug wolves fans.

Thank you Mr. Wolves fan for pointing out that we should be grateful that we could be relegated. I''d love to see how happy you''d be if wolves were on the verge of being relegated. You moan about McCarthy all the time. You slag off your own players as well and you seem to have no clue about norwich city football club in general.

And to the people who agree with him, how about reading what people post for once. You lot are worse than cluck and smudger.

Why hold back? Say what you think and don''t be such a shrinking violet!

Not fickle...just stupid.  All clubs have them I''m afraid and we are not immune.

[quote user="we8wba"]

jas the barclay king

[/quote]

and yet his fellow peers haven''t voted him as one of the top 50 players in this division.. Jamie curetons in their... Adriano Basso''s in their, Kightley is in there... but no big dave...

And no.. a fickle supporter changes their mind... find me 1 single post where i have changed my mind about Marshall this season?

jas :)

jas - fair enough comment by you, there was someone in the post who said play gilks instead so your not only one to question marshall which i think ludacris really as he clearly in the top 3 keepers in this league with basso and hennessey in my opinion

arthur whittle - i mention in my post wolves and said maybe i shouldnt say this as my own fans are fickle.

fellas - its not a competition who posts the better post you know, im giving my thoughts thats all, its a discussion board. if you not happy what i said then dont respond ignore it

im replying to your comments now fellas

1. agreed - i didnt know jas had such dislike to marshall, iv agreed end that topic although there was others who agreed marshall should be replaced

2. everyone was in love with cureton week ago, im not saying everyone has turned one way or the other for him, but he has one poor game last night and thread was like il never play him again, drop him forever ect... thats my point, i bet that person was cheering and singing his name last week and week before when scoring

3. i understand what you say bout wiz, but he wasnt the only one on that thread questioning roeder, i just choose that selected one. read that thread if you wish. i would said when i read it earlier it was 70/30 in glenns favour - 30 wasnt saying sack him but marely questioning recent desicions etc... how about the thread names westham/newcastle for example with person questioning glens ability due to previous experiences

4. look above at 3 lol

5. i think back in november you asked any norwich fan would they take 21st right now come end season 98% would of said yes

go back through the list of pages and find the many threads at this stage of season. then you''ll get your answer sir

now fella please reply in good manner, dont just go running your mouth like before. im keen to hear what you say

as for my post it doesnt mean im right in what im saying i was just suprised with the such negativety surronding many people when indeed roeder done top job so far

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="we8wba"]

jas the barclay king

[/quote]

and yet his fellow peers haven''t voted him as one of the top 50 players in this division.. Jamie curetons in their... Adriano Basso''s in their, Kightley is in there... but no big dave...

And no.. a fickle supporter changes their mind... find me 1 single post where i have changed my mind about Marshall this season?

jas :)

[/quote]

Irrelevant.  The boy will be a quality keeper, he just needs experience and that can only come with time and matches.  A keeper doesn''t peak until they are in there 30''s, you forget that Marshall is only 22/23.

indeed jimmy, he so young and in top 3 keepers in our league, shows what a talent he could potentially come.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="we8wba"]

jas the barclay king

noz4lyf

1st Wizard
I blame Roeder for:

GROW UP PEOPLE

and support your team

[/quote]

Because Wolves fans are never fickle are they? What did that banner say again? "You let us down again" was it not?

[/quote]

But Arf...that was one person holding up the sign, its loads of ppl moaning on here!

WE8......cracking post mate, i agree with everything you say. I am pleased that many others agree too! I say stick around as its good to have an unbiased view on here! [Y]

[quote user="we8wba"]

jas - fair enough comment by you, there was someone in the post who said play gilks instead so your not only one to question marshall which i think ludacris really as he clearly in the top 3 keepers in this league with basso and hennessey in my opinion

arthur whittle - i mention in my post wolves and said maybe i shouldnt say this as my own fans are fickle.

fellas - its not a competition who posts the better post you know, im giving my thoughts thats all, its a discussion board. if you not happy what i said then dont respond ignore it

im replying to your comments now fellas

1. agreed - i didnt know jas had such dislike to marshall, iv agreed end that topic although there was others who agreed marshall should be replaced

2. everyone was in love with cureton week ago, im not saying everyone has turned one way or the other for him, but he has one poor game last night and thread was like il never play him again, drop him forever ect... thats my point, i bet that person was cheering and singing his name last week and week before when scoring

3. i understand what you say bout wiz, but he wasnt the only one on that thread questioning roeder, i just choose that selected one. read that thread if you wish. i would said when i read it earlier it was 70/30 in glenns favour - 30 wasnt saying sack him but marely questioning recent desicions etc... how about the thread names westham/newcastle for example with person questioning glens ability due to previous experiences

4. look above at 3 lol

5. i think back in november you asked any norwich fan would they take 21st right now come end season 98% would of said yes

go back through the list of pages and find the many threads at this stage of season. then you''ll get your answer sir

now fella please reply in good manner, dont just go running your mouth like before. im keen to hear what you say

as for my post it doesnt mean im right in what im saying i was just suprised with the such negativety surronding many people when indeed roeder done top job so far

[/quote]

You make me laugh welovewba. Running my mouth off? Tbh I could have joined in on the idiot brigade and called you all the names under the sun but I thought, nope I''ll make a nice well structured and informative post which you essentially chose the ignore.

Now I replied to your post because, 1. this is a norwich city board about discussing the issues surrounding norwich. Now in my opinion your thread is essentially naming names and pointing the finger at them un-fairly. A lot of short-sighted and obnoxious people have jumped the gun too and very quick to slag off some of the posters on here. 2ndly, I don''t think you can comment on whether anybody is "right" or "wrong" on any of these issues as you have very little first hand evidence to deal with. 3rdly, I''m sick of your ill-informed posts.

I''m glad you eventually decided to look at Jas'' post. Some people have not liked Marshall and don''t rate him. That doesn''t mean they are fickle. You don''t like boothyrod is it? Well does that make you fickle? No.

2ndly since when has "everyone" been in love with cureton. Infact I think the majority of persons on this board do not love him and infact probably loath him. He scored last week. Do you expect people to go "I f*ing hate cureton, I wish he hadn''t of scored and make me look silly". I can tell you this that considering there''s about 5 "drop JC" threads and 3 of them have been started by the same guy who''s magically swum out of the woodwork and only posts outside of school time, I very much doubt that signals the crowd turning on JC.

3. Again you are mistaking the same people as changing their minds. You are rather silly. I''ll spell it out nice and simply. Person A starts the "roeder is great thread" last week. Persons A,B,C,D and E agree. Persons F and G disagree. It seems that most people support roeder. Today person F starts the "roeder is rubbish thread". Persons F, G, H, I and J agree. Persons A and B disagree and D isn''t sure. None of those fans are being fickle. They have still kept their same opinion. D might have had lingering doubts on roeder anyway.

I''ll ignore 4.

It is irrelevent whether 99% of people would accept 21st because that is not what''s important. At the start of the season 0% would have accepted 21st. And if we stay up 0% will accept 21st for next season. For the club the size of ours, with the money we have in reserve, with the history of the club and with the players we have 21st is an unacceptable position only made acceptable by the fact we started so bad. Some people pointed out with only 14 games gone that there was 32 games left to make up 6 points. Of course that would be logical.

Now finally to the key point. Has roeder done a good job? Well he has made up a number of points and got us out of the relegation zone for the time being. But most of our key players are out of contract at the end of the season. Hux and Dubs are going. Shax has been thrown aside as to cureton at times. He has shown he has no faith in our youth players and doesn''t trust some of our most consistent players such as semmy. Now my question is, who''s going to be starting for us next season? Roeder has done a poor job in reassuring the players and fans that there is a future at this club next season. His track record after the honeymoon is nigh on abysmal.And finally rude old, I don''t know whether your being sarcastic or not. I merely posted a well constructed counter-arguement formulated in the same manner as welovewba''s was. Now, welovewba, please make some counter arguements if you still choose to and stop being facetious.

Excellent post we8wba. Agree with you 100%. Think this is bad you should try sitting in the barclay where countless idiots criticise every mistake a player makes. Last nites game for example....Marshall you are a fxxxxng Cxxt , Shacks is a Fxxxxxg disgrace, Cureton effing this, effing that!! And its blatantly obvious that these so called fans have never kicked a ball in their lives. Can''t wait for the end of the season to move seats...these people are seriously pathetic, clueless and sad. Actually i''m not sure why they bother attending the matches!!!

Fellas - im not looking for fight, if i wanted to wind you up on purpose i would started get roeder out posts etc...

as i said before and you mentioned this is indeed norwich fc board, your norwch fan, you watch them every week i presume. so indeed your point is more valid than mine

im just here as outsider, who giving my views on what i can see as sometimes you can get caugh up in your teams bubble as i say and cant see the wool in front of your eyes

so as outsider i cant see why marshall cureton and roeder has come in for critism (i know not everyone critising them, but theres few posts questioning them or moaning about them today)

Indeed. We8''s point is simple and well made. Doesn''t really need point by point responses. That smacks of desperation.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Indeed. We8''s point is simple and well made. Doesn''t really need point by point responses. That smacks of desperation.[/quote]I''m merely pointing out that the fans he has called fickle are same fans that have not rated certain players throughout their spell at norwich. However some people have enjoyed calling them fickle fans just because they want to be all high and mighty. @ welovewba the reason marshall has come under critism is he has a knack of conceeding very soft goals yet making superb saves. It is rather frustrating having to lose games by scuff shots rather than 30 yard blasters. Tuesday was an example of a soft goal he conceeded. As for cureton some people have never rated him, some attack his effort, ability or just the lack of goals he put in the net. They are going to shout louder after he misses a 2 yard shot. Roeder, in my opinion, deserves critism, primarily because nobody at the club should be above critism at club, which some people oh to readily want to point out at huckerby. I think that his team selections have been very poor (similar to mccarthy and his slections in your eyes), we have had no game plan recently but my biggest concern was our dealing at set-pieces before the stoke game. It proved to be our downfall. Now the management should be doing better in tell players who''s going to mark who and how. It wasn''t just long throws but at corners and free-kicks stoke had so many free headers. Too many. The fans have a right to be angry/upset at our no-show on tuesday. We were poor, the relegation zone looms further and I can''t see where the next win comes from, you can call me pessimistic but fickle, no. So that''s my 2p.

Fellas did you go to the game on tuesday? we completely battered Stoke from the first minute of the game, Stoke were possibly the worst side i''ve seen play at Carrow Road in ages, it just wasn''t to be Norwich''s night, on any other night we would have probably knocked 3 or 4 past them. Great post We8Wba, you have clearly touched a few nerves with some of our fickle fans on here, which I find quite amusing, look how quickly they all jump to their defences, knowing they look and sound like complete idiots! but I can assure you these moaners are in the minority, there''s a few of them scattered around Carrow Road who just sit there and moan all day, had a couple of  lads sitting behind me at the Stoke game, constantly moaning all throughout the game (which surprised me as they were only about 20, normally its the older ones who moan) and on a couple of times I nearly turned round and said something as they were doing my nut in! Thing I find most sad is that people will actually pay a lot of money to go and sit and moan at a match, if Norwich are winning 5-0 they sit there in dead silence with not one positive word to say. But like I said earlier, these fans that post on here are in the minority and 99% of Norwich fans don''t share there fews at all, these guys just have short memorys and are probably seriously lacking something in life!!

Trouble is we have too many nights, when its not our night. I am sorry but unbiased reports dont back your claim of battering stoke and if stoke are the worse team to come here this season, WE LOST, dont say much for us does it.

You Are totaly right w8wba it would not matter who we had playing some so called fans here would still complain we could have Ronney,wenger,ETC and still a certain amount of fans would call for there heads some ncfc fans need someone to blame it could never be that we are just outplayed  by a better team or we just had a bad game they have to point fingers things have not changed in 40 yrs when i used to watch ncfc MUST BE THE KIDS OF THE FANS FROM BACK THEN