Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Leicester after Roeder

Barely half a season of good form, and already Roeder is being linked away from us.

Lets just hope he is provided with the funds neccessary to keep him in the job, and get us fighting at the right end of the table.

I tell you what if he decides to leave I say good on him, he''s now being slated by a lot of fans on here for losing one game, yes one game in a great run of unbeatens, maybe time without a good manager again would make the fans think how lucky we are/were with Roeder.

mandaric is a w***er. I hated the way he ripped through managers when he came to portsmouth. No repect, treated the likes of claridge like an idiot. Ok, he eventually got success, but I really wanted portsmouth to fail while he was there, especially in those first few years.

If roeder stays here, there is a good chance he can become a city legend. Go to Leicester, and he''ll be looking for another job this time next year...

Wiz, that means you aree as accurate as the Sunday People.  I''d be rather worried if I were you.

No Wiz, you gave him a good slagging off, along with the board, oh and everybody in your way. If he goes, then life goes on, remember what was said when he was appointed here? I would not blame him.

it was in the People.. i''d hardly call that a "news" paper.... toilet roll perhaps.

Roeders loyal.. he wont jump ship.. unless of course the compensation package the club was offered was too good to be turned down... in which case the board would allow them to speak to him.

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I tell you what if he decides to leave I say good on him, he''s now being slated by a lot of fans on here for losing one game, yes one game in a great run of unbeatens, maybe time without a good manager again would make the fans think how lucky we are/were with Roeder.[/quote]

I dont think anyone has slated him, I think he''s done a great job since he''s been here but I would question why he has brought Gibbs, Henry and Pearce in who are no better than what we have. I would also question the way he''s rotating these 3 to keep them in the squad presumeably to keep their clubs happy.

As I said I''m very happy with Roeder and think hes the right man for the job but he''s not beyond being questioned or challenged is he??

No he''s not CA. When things go wrong its natural on a board like this to question why it did so, but what is not helpful is the hysterical swing from saviour to demon that some posters suffer from after each individual result. I don''t think there''s any chance GR will go to Leicester and have to start all over again.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I tell you what if he decides to leave I say good on him, he''s now being slated by a lot of fans on here for losing one game, yes one game in a great run of unbeatens, maybe time without a good manager again would make the fans think how lucky we are/were with Roeder.[/quote]

I dont think anyone has slated him, I think he''s done a great job since he''s been here but I would question why he has brought Gibbs, Henry and Pearce in who are no better than what we have. I would also question the way he''s rotating these 3 to keep them in the squad presumeably to keep their clubs happy.

As I said I''m very happy with Roeder and think hes the right man for the job but he''s not beyond being questioned or challenged is he??

[/quote]

Oh really?  No one has slated him?  I must have been dreaming that I read fans slating him and his decisions, silly me lol

Not sure about this, i don''t think is any chance of this happening, we don''t need another managerial change and i''m sure Mandaric feels he has the right man.

Although, i wouldn''t completely rule out Roeder considering it if he was offered the chance. More money to spend, he may feel he has less building to do with players like Oakley, Howard, Clemence, Kisnorbo, Hume, you never know, but i wouldn''t worry too much.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]No he''s not CA. When things go wrong its natural on a board like this to question why it did so, but what is not helpful is the hysterical swing from saviour to demon that some posters suffer from after each individual result. I don''t think there''s any chance GR will go to Leicester and have to start all over again.[/quote]

Exactly [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Oh really?  No one has slated him?  I must have been dreaming that I read fans slating him and his decisions, silly me lol

[/quote]

I don''t think people querying his decisions/team selections is slating him.I''m sure 99% of people are very happy with the job he''s done so far.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]No Wiz, you gave him a good slagging off, along with the board, oh and everybody in your way. If he goes, then life goes on, remember what was said when he was appointed here? I would not blame him.[/quote]

So now its my fault for the ''people'' article is it?..........priceless. Engage your brain CIB.

GR has not had a good slagging off from me since he came here, criticised? yes, slagging? no.

And I''m proud of my stance on the board, and I take nothing back!.[:|]

good opportunity to get cast iron guarantees about his budget for next season, and also get a nice pay rise.  personally, hope he gets both!!!or, if the dosh is right for him at leicester and he has a serious promotion budget to play with - who would really blame him for jumping ship and joining the foxes???  any manager that can galvanise a squad such as ours to a club record unbeaten run is bound to attract attention.  if roedy was lacking confidence in himself after his time at newcastle, then he''s surely refound it here at city, and built a good partnership with clark to boot - that''s easily transferable to a club in the prem or a champs club that is realistically funded to have a punt at promotion.  its like ''glen stay at city - our budget is £3m,'' ''or our budget is £20m!!!  and we''ll double your salary.who would you choose???

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]No Wiz, you gave him a good slagging off, along with the board, oh and everybody in your way. If he goes, then life goes on, remember what was said when he was appointed here? I would not blame him.[/quote]

So now its my fault for the ''people'' article is it?..........priceless. Engage your brain CIB.

GR has not had a good slagging off from me since he came here, criticised? yes, slagging? no.

And I''m proud of my stance on the board, and I take nothing back!.[:|]

[/quote]

Where did I say that it was your fault for the People article? Priceless. Engage your brain Waz. You said that your warned us a few days ago and got flamed for it. I also said you were one who gave him a slagging off, ok I was a bit strong with the slagging off, you are a big doom monger though.

Norwich R us wrote:  And this week that is......?

Provide recent proof mate, on the board I''m almost rabid!..............and will continue to be so.