Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Watch out fo the next spin.

********It''s wiser to spend the transfer kitty in the summer because of X, Y &/or Z.********         

**********************We''ll get by on loaners*************************                              

( The ''secret'' behind this approach is that we won''t then have to find any money in the summer - assuming, of course, that there really was a January kitty to begin with).

Riddle me this, riddle me that.........who''s the cleverest of us all.

I''m taking bets on this. Name your odds. Any takers?

OTBC

[quote]I''m taking bets on this. Name your odds. Any takers? [/quote]

I''ll bet you any odds you care to pick that you will still be complaining on Feb 1st about a lack of transfer activity regardless of what transpires between now and then.  Or at least, making veiled suggestions of complaints in a pseudo-cryptic manner.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I''ll bet you any odds you care to pick that you will still be complaining on Feb 1st about a lack of transfer activity regardless of what transpires between now and then.  Or at least, making veiled suggestions of complaints in a pseudo-cryptic manner.

[/quote]

I suppose it''ll be similar odds on you defending the board and the Chief Exec on Feb 1st about the lack of transfer activity regardless of what transpires between now and then......etc.[:|]

Spot on Bly , same old story every season , people expecting anything other than another loan or two are seriously deluded , we will even muck up the Taylor deal and that should have been nailed on . Once again we hear of the rmours of a transfer kitty and once again as always its complete hogwash, and the funny thing is so many people get so excited about borrowing another clubs players.

[quote]I suppose it''ll be similar odds on you defending the board and the Chief Exec on Feb 1st about the lack of transfer activity regardless of what transpires between now and then......etc[/quote]

As I said in the summer, it''s very easy to complain, harder to set your expectations.

I''d be happy with a decent big man up front, a centre-back, and overjoyed if we can bring in a quality central midfielder.  I would hope that all 3 players will be from Premiership or top-end Championship teams.  And I''m not really bothered if they''re permanent, on loan with a view to permanent, or just a loan, the way the transfer system is these days, a loan is a short-term transfer.  If we don''t get those 3 quality players, I''ll be narked, and will say so.  After the start we had this season, league survival matters, anything else is just nit-picking.  To me, goals matter most, cover in central defence and central midfield also matters enough that we should bring in players in those positions.  If we need to sell Marshall to fund these acquisitions and get a decent offer, so be it. We will then need another goalkeeper too, Gilks has been well spoken of, but competition is no bad thing.

Your turn Mello.  What would you accept between now and Feb 1st, and what would make you happy ?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

I suppose it''ll be similar odds on you defending the board and the Chief Exec on Feb 1st about the lack of transfer activity regardless of what transpires between now and then......etc.[:|]

[/quote]

and you coming out with more hilarious witty word play in a failed attempt not to look like a constant whinger

[quote user="TaylorTaylorBabesIlove you"]

********It''s wiser to spend the transfer kitty in the summer because of X, Y &/or Z.********         

( The ''secret'' behind this approach is that we won''t then have to find any money in the summer - assuming, of course, that there really was a January kitty to begin with).

OTBC

[/quote]

You are Cluck and I claim my five pounds.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and you coming out with more hilarious witty word play in a failed attempt not to look like a constant whinger
[/quote]

Better than being a snide and nasty piece of work though isn''t it? If it gets up your nose......it suits me.[Y]

[quote]I suppose it''ll be similar odds on you defending the board and the Chief Exec on Feb 1st about the lack of transfer activity regardless of what transpires between now and then......etc[/quote]

As I said in the summer, it''s very easy to complain, harder to set your expectations.

I''d be happy with a decent big man up front, a centre-back, and overjoyed if we can bring in a quality central midfielder.  I would hope that all 3 players will be from Premiership or top-end Championship teams.  And I''m not really bothered if they''re permanent, on loan with a view to permanent, or just a loan, the way the transfer system is these days, a loan is a short-term transfer.  If we don''t get those 3 quality players, I''ll be narked, and will say so.  After the start we had this season, league survival matters, anything else is just nit-picking.  To me, goals matter most, cover in central defence and central midfield also matters enough that we should bring in players in those positions.  If we need to sell Marshall to fund these acquisitions and get a decent offer, so be it. We will then need another goalkeeper too, Gilks has been well spoken of, but competition is no bad thing.

Your turn Mello.  What would you accept between now and Feb 1st, and what would make you happy ?

I think most people would be delighted if we manage to bring in 3 quality players in the positions you''ve mentioned, blahblahblah. It would then be a case of job done. The reason why some of us are becoming a little bit stroppy, anxious and frustrated, is that we are beginning to have serious doubts that any rabbits are going to be pulled out of the hat between now and deadline day. Can you honestly blame us for getting worried?  The clock is ticking.

[/quote]

[quote]Can you honestly blame us for getting worried?  The clock is ticking.[/quote]

I can''t see the point in winding yourself up over something you are powerless to change, honestly.

[/quote]

(I concur and not to crib off you) Definitely a centre-back (you know who)......Definitely a quality central midfielder (Crooky playmaker ping ball here an'' there type)......Definitely a striker (Oh for a 10 year younger Dion)......not loans, all quality, not journeymen, legsaregoner''s or benchwarmin'' bloaters.

"My bit": Doncaster and Munby are removed, Delia and Micky stand-down and take a back-seat and concentrate on the foody hospitality corporate entertaining stuff  - and the ''Turner Two'' replace them, take over the running of the club and business reins, display ambition (not attrition) and through their contacts, appoint an efficient Chairman, including - an astute football as well as business orientated Chief Exec......And, outside investment is courted and vigorously pursued from anyone who is absolutely minted - who lives anywhere in or outside the outer ring-road.....but has a genuine passion for football who''s not necessarily (or initially) a Canary Fan (Delia wasn''t)......but, soon will be - after witnessing a few games and seeing the support.

A change is as good as a rest, things were stale and predictable until Mr Glenn......Roeder into Carra.....I certainly don''t have faith in the Chief Exec or the board (for over 3 seasons now). Cheerio, bye, and have a clear-out.....

That is all.....[:|] 

[/quote]

(I concur and not to crib off you) Definitely a centre-back (you know who)......Definitely a quality central midfielder (Crooky playmaker ping ball here an'' there type)......Definitely a striker (Oh for a 10 year younger Dion)......not loans, all quality, not journeymen, legsaregoner''s or benchwarmin'' bloaters.

"My bit": Doncaster and Munby are removed, Delia and Micky stand-down and take a back-seat and concentrate on the foody hospitality corporate entertaining stuff  - and the ''Turner Two'' replace them, take over the running of the club and business reins, display ambition (not attrition) and through their contacts, appoint an efficient Chairman, including - an astute football as well as business orientated Chief Exec......And, outside investment is courted and vigorously pursued from anyone who is absolutely minted - who lives anywhere in or outside the outer ring-road.....but has a genuine passion for football who''s not necessarily (or initially) a Canary Fan (Delia wasn''t)......but, soon will be - after witnessing a few games and seeing the support.

A change is as good as a rest, things were stale and predictable until Mr Glenn......Roeder into Carra.....I certainly don''t have faith in the Chief Exec or the board (for over 3 seasons now). Cheerio, bye, and have a clear-out.....

That is all.....[:|] 

[/quote]

Good that we agree about the football - Deals and Mikey will leave at a time of their choosing, I have no doubt.  It''ll probably be on one of their 70th birthdays, whichever comes first.  As for Munby and Donks - who knows what might be achieved with a new broom ? 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and you coming out with more hilarious witty word play in a failed attempt not to look like a constant whinger[/quote]

Better than being a snide and nasty piece of work though isn''t it? If it gets up your nose......it suits me.[Y]

[/quote]Ooh get her [:P] You don''t get up my nose at al, I love you and all the other old men on here who same the same thing over and over and over..............Funnily enough, I completely agree with your lower post, a seemingly serious assessment of the changes that I too would like to see at Carra, now if you''d just posted that 6 months ago i wouldn''t have to be so snide and nasty [:)] XXXX

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very well said Mello, totally agree.

Some people on here will never see, they are too blinkered.  They are like the majority of Labour voters, who would vote for a scarecrow if it had a red rosette on it''s lapel.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ooh get her [:P] You don''t get up my nose at al, I love you and all the other old men on here who same the same thing over and over and over..............

Funnily enough, I completely agree with your lower post, a seemingly serious assessment of the changes that I too would like to see at Carra, now if you''d just posted that 6 months ago i wouldn''t have to be so snide and nasty [:)] XXXX
[/quote]

May I offer you my last ''hobnob'' as a token of friendship?

It''s actually floating around in my denture mug.......But, it is still edible.......(if I put my ''top-set'' in).

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

They are like the majority of Labour voters, who would vote for a scarecrow if it had a red rosette on it''s lapel.

[/quote]

Very well said Slim, I have voted for Roy Blower on more than one occasion [;)]

Sorry Roy.. top man he is.[*]

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="TaylorTaylorBabesIlove you"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not saying Bly is Cluck, but i do think ''Cluck'' was or is actually the alter ego of a long term poster that still currently joins in debate here. Clucks ''sense of humour'' and style of posting was fairly unique, but someone on this messageboard certainly seems a tad too similar[;)]

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="TaylorTaylorBabesIlove you"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not saying Bly is Cluck, but i do think ''Cluck'' was or is actually the alter ego of a long term poster that still currently joins in debate here. Clucks ''sense of humour'' and style of posting was fairly unique, but someone on this messageboard certainly seems a tad too similar[;)]

[/quote]

Don''t be coy then, who is that masked man (I even put the s in masked on this post!)?[*-)]

I have learnt that this board are full of BS and spin and dont expect them to do nout, except hopefully get on their bikes and disappear into the sunset.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Not Lobby Lud then ?[/quote]

So you''re a journo Stevo! Eureka! Own up.

Lobby Lud

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Lobby Lud

Lobby Lud was a fictional character invented in August 1927 by the Westminster Gazette, a British newspaper, now defunct. The name derives from the telegraphic address of the newspaper ("Lobby, Ludgate").

Anonymous employees of the newspaper would visit seaside resorts. The newspaper would print details of the town, a description of the appearance of that day''s "Lobby Lud", and a particular pass phrase. Anyone carrying a copy of the newspaper could challenge "Lobby Lud" with the appropriate phrase, and receive the sum of money.

After the demise of the Gazette in 1928 the competition continued in the Daily News, which became the News Chronicle from 1930, in turn being absorbed into the Daily Mail in 1960.

Other newspapers such as the Daily Mirror ran similar schemes — "You are (name) and I claim my five pounds", the most well-known challenge phrase, seems to date from a Daily Mail version which ran after the Second World War.

[:)]

OTBC

Is this mystery character in any way similar to the one portrayed in the opening to Graham Greene''s Brighton Rock?

Yes, I read books.  Flame away...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Should be easy.... no other clubs looking for any of those .......

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Are they supposed to be quotes? Please clarify the bet that you''re being so non specifically brash about.... I''ll have some

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Should be easy.... no other clubs looking for any of those .......
[/quote]

And at this present moment........It looks like neither are we. Which is easy......

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Are they supposed to be quotes? Please clarify the bet that you''re being so non specifically brash about.... I''ll have some

[/quote]

No, they''re not ''supposed to be quotes''. Anything else? 

If you''ll ''have some'' then you shouldn''t need clarification. Elementary FFS.

I gather from you that it will be quite OK if we don''t get in a good central defender &/or  a box-to-box midfielder &/or a strong, mobile striker - because everybody''s is after these and it ain''t ''easy''. If the 31st January finds us without any such permanent signings what message do you think that the NCFC board will put out?

Leg spin, off spin, googly? Or maybe they''ve mastered the doosra by now.

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Is this mystery character in any way similar to the one portrayed in the opening to Graham Greene''s Brighton Rock?

Yes, I read books.  Flame away...

[/quote]

That''s two of us then, but I haven''t read Brighton Rock. Currently reading ''The drowned world'' by JG Ballard.

[I] Perhaps we could have a literary thread, it might be better than all the bickering and name-calling that''s going on on this board at the moment.