Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Watch out fo the next spin.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

Is this mystery character in any way similar to the one portrayed in the opening to Graham Greene''s Brighton Rock?

Yes, I read books.  Flame away...

[/quote]

That''s two of us then, but I haven''t read Brighton Rock. Currently reading ''The drowned world'' by JG Ballard.

[I] Perhaps we could have a literary thread, it might be better than all the bickering and name-calling that''s going on on this board at the moment.

[/quote]

The drowned World by JG Ballard ?  Global Warming ?  Never catch on.  Bravo 2 Zero, now that''s a man''s book.

Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you wanted some literary bickering.  It''s early...

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

Is this mystery character in any way similar to the one portrayed in the opening to Graham Greene''s Brighton Rock?

Yes, I read books.  Flame away...

[/quote]

That''s two of us then, but I haven''t read Brighton Rock. Currently reading ''The drowned world'' by JG Ballard.

[I] Perhaps we could have a literary thread, it might be better than all the bickering and name-calling that''s going on on this board at the moment.

[/quote]

Good idea - I''ll, er, kick it off.

I''ve read Cocaine Nights and Crash by Ballard, but not Drowned World.  I''d recommend either if you''re enjoying the current one.  Next on my list is White Noise by Don DeLillo.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

not ''supposed to be quotes''. Anything else? 

[/quote]

So you''re critique of the board is based on .... not something they''ve said.... buit something that YOU made up?[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If you''ll ''have some'' then you shouldn''t need clarification. Elementary FFS.

[/quote]You''re offering a bet that I''d like to take you up on. As you declared I can name my odds, i''ll take the bet. But I want you to calrify what the bet is.[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I gather from you that it will be quite OK if we don''t get in a good

central defender &/or  a box-to-box midfielder &/or a strong,

mobile striker - because everybody''s is after these and it ain''t

''easy''. If the 31st January finds us without any such permanent

signings what message do you think that the NCFC board will put out?

Leg spin, off spin, googly? Or maybe they''ve mastered the doosra by now.

[/quote]You "gather from you that it will be quite OK if we don''t get in a good

central defender &/or  a box-to-box midfielder &/or a strong,

mobile striker"......Why do you "gather" that. Please be specific. If it happens I''ll be thrilled, If it doesn''t I''ll understand the reasons why, not take the simplistic attitude that its all to do with a lack of £20m transfeer fund.As I''ve said, everybody in this league wants the same thing, better players. Therefore we need to offer something better than everyone else to entice those players to our club. Some will love Norwich for family reasons, some will detest it as there''s naff all to do for single 20-25''s. So young flair players are unlikely to come, but married (older) players we may attract.

Animal Farm by George Orwell - now there''s a book.

If FFS would make a good Napoleon, who do you think could cover the roles of Snowball and Squealer? Not to mention Mollie..........!

SNOWBALL, SQUEALER and NAPOLEON:

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,
No sweet by and by.
Sugercandy Mountain is a lie, lie, lie!
Sugercandy Mountain is a lie!

Animals are slaughtered and then
Converted into pork or mutton pies
Which are guzzled down the throats of men.

When you die you die.
Sugercandy Mountain is a lie. Lie, lie, lie!
It''s a mountainous, mountainous, mountainous lie!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If FFS would make a good Napoleon, who do you think could cover the roles of Snowball and Squealer? Not to mention Mollie..........!

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,No sweet by and by.There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,Sugercandy Mountain is a lie, lie, lie!Sugercandy Mountain is a lie!

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,Animals are slaughtered and thenConverted into pork or mutton piesWhich are guzzled down the throats of men.

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,When you die you die.There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,Sugercandy Mountain is a lie. Lie, lie, lie!Sugercandy Mountain is a lie!It''s a mountainous, mountainous, mountainous lie!

OTBC

[/quote]Oh great, more pseudo-intellectual esoteric ramblings. Your IQ must be, like, well massive.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

No sweet by and by.
Sugercandy Mountain is a lie, lie, lie!

Animals are slaughtered and then
Converted into pork or mutton pies
Which are guzzled down the throats of men.

When you die you die.
Sugercandy Mountain is a lie. Lie, lie, lie!
It''s a mountainous, mountainous, mountainous lie!

OTBC

[/quote]
Oh great, more pseudo-intellectual esoteric ramblings. Your IQ must be, like, well massive.
[/quote]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,No sweet by and by.There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,Sugercandy Mountain is a lie, lie, lie!Sugercandy Mountain is a lie!

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,Animals are slaughtered and thenConverted into pork or mutton piesWhich are guzzled down the throats of men.

There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,When you die you die.There''s no such place as Sugercandy Mountain,Sugercandy Mountain is a lie. Lie, lie, lie!Sugercandy Mountain is a lie!It''s a mountainous, mountainous, mountainous lie!

OTBC

[/quote]Oh great, more pseudo-intellectual esoteric ramblings. Your IQ must be, like, well massive.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Simply sensational! You''ve gone up in my estimation no end after that.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]What about the bet? No bottle?
[/quote]

Plenty thanks. And I chose this one especially for you.

OTBC

Any danger of you getting a day job Bly ?  I''m guessing you don''t need the money, but you certainly need something to occupy your mind ? [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Any danger of you getting a day job Bly ?  I''m guessing you don''t need the money, but you certainly need something to occupy your mind ? [:)][/quote]

You may well be right there Blah. [:)]

OTBC