Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

We are going to make a profit on Brown!!!

Waghorn is reporting the fee for Brown is going to be £350,000!!!!

Its a late christmas at Carrow Road methinks!!  We only paid £325,000 for this numpty!!

Add to that the £6000 wages a week saved and it should be champagne bottles all round in Doncasters office!!!

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2349&w=25&a=0&part=1

New office furniture for everyone! Yeah!!!!!

But seriously this has made my month - get this guy off the books. Strikers are supposed to score goals!!! 

There''s a little matter of a year''s wages for his sixteen(?) appearances, so we need to get tback our outlay!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Waghorn is reporting the fee for Brown is going to be £350,000!!!!

Its a late christmas at Carrow Road methinks!!  We only paid £325,000 for this numpty!!

Add to that the £6000 wages a week saved and it should be champagne bottles all round in Doncasters office!!!

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2349&w=25&a=0&part=1

[/quote]

Dont get too excited until we know more about the payment terms. Is the £350k coming over 12 months or  years?  Is it a straight fee or part dependent on appearances etc.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Dont get too excited until we know more about the payment terms. Is the £350k coming over 12 months or  years?  Is it a straight fee or part dependent on appearances etc.

[/quote]

Very true, we better hope is aint based on goals scored!  [;)]

Every little help for the transfer budget! If it goes through it''s a great deal for the club, we need people who can score goals and he won''t. Put that £350k with the expected 400k for lewis on top of a £1.5 Million???? budget that Roeder had and we may well be in business. I come to the conclusion the budget is that big becasue of the 400k Pattison capture and the 750k taylor bid.

So hopefully we will splash some more cash before february arrives; recouping the fee we spent on Big Dave from some Bundesliga or czech club would help as well!

Do we not get any commision on his ''extra-curricular'' activites or was that not part of the deal.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I come to the conclusion the budget is that big becasue of the 400k Pattison capture and the 750k taylor bid.

[/quote]

the Lewis Fee is paying for Pattison.. Spending money before we get it is risky... but it goes on in football a lot

the budget isnt much more than we offered for Tiny i reckon

jas :)

Apparently it''s 350,000 over 30 years. And it''s Zambian kwacha, not pounds sterling!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Every little help for the transfer budget! If it goes through it''s a great deal for the club, we need people who can score goals and he won''t. Put that £350k with the expected 400k for lewis on top of a £1.5 Million???? budget that Roeder had and we may well be in business. I come to the conclusion the budget is that big becasue of the 400k Pattison capture and the 750k taylor bid.

So hopefully we will splash some more cash before february arrives; recouping the fee we spent on Big Dave from some Bundesliga or czech club would help as well!

[/quote]

where did the 400k for Pattison come from, I thought it was undisclosed?

We''ll  have to be carefull that we do''nt get sued under the ''Sale of Goods Act'' for trying to pass him of as a Striker!!! 

He may get returned after 28 days for a full refund when he doesn''t deliver the goods ! 

We were always going to sign Pattison permanently as long as impressed, sop the finances were in place well before any deal to sell Lewis. i believe the idea was to keep Lewis, but in the end money talked. As for the 400k roeder said something about that sort of price in an interview.

Has Lewis actually been sold yet? I thought that was still not a sure bet so talking about it is pointless untill the deal is done and dusted.

[quote user="Chris B"]

We''ll  have to be carefull that we do''nt get sued under the ''Sale of Goods Act'' for trying to pass him of as a Striker!!! 

He may get returned after 28 days for a full refund when he doesn''t deliver the goods ! 

[/quote]Surely if we put him on the damaged goods shelf with a little label saying "can not be returned for stated faults: miss-labelled" we should be covered.You know the same shelf that we obviously bought a lot of our players off untill recently. The ones that have slightly bent packaging, or are one can short of a 6 pack, or the ones that are rapidly approaching their sell by date.

I bet Preston''s supporters will think there manager has gone doolally, signing a striker who can''t score goals, they''ll know how good he''s been for us..................

[quote user="sydneysider"]I bet Preston''s supporters will think there manager has gone doolally, signing a striker who can''t score goals, they''ll know how good he''s been for us..................[/quote]They also knew how good Jason Jarrett was! Seriously - people think we do badly for signing them in the first place but then selling them on for a proffit?!!!! Do we use Trotters Independent Trading as our negotiators or something?

When Alan Irvine got the job at PNE I had a feeling they might go the same way we did, appointing a No.2 from a pretty good club and he''s scottish ( I think).   Now he is even signing the same players as Peter Grant, reckon we can slip Lappin and Murray into the deal?.....he can have those for free as compensation for signing Chris Brown.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="sydneysider"]I bet Preston''s supporters will think there manager has gone doolally, signing a striker who can''t score goals, they''ll know how good he''s been for us..................[/quote]

They also knew how good Jason Jarrett was! Seriously - people think we do badly for signing them in the first place but then selling them on for a proffit?!!!! Do we use Trotters Independent Trading as our negotiators or something?
[/quote]

We have definitely had the best of the transfer deals between the 2 clubs in the last couple of years as we made a £1 million profit on Etuhu.

Brown is a hardworking striker who doesn''t score goals. Brilliant idea to offload him on one of your relegation rivals!!