Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Lets not forget Grant

At the end of the day, he failed, BUT he knew a decent player and good value for money, russel, foggy, lappin ( still worthy of starting 11 in my opinion ) Marshall, he brought us some decent players and deserves credit. dave and browny could still do a job for us, and brellier is a good squad player without doubt.

By the way, i couldnt be arsed to check the spelling of the player names, so forgive my lazyness if there wrong, a 5 month old does that to you [:D]

[quote user="the1englishman"]

At the end of the day, he failed, BUT he knew a decent player and good value for money, russel, foggy, lappin ( still worthy of starting 11 in my opinion ) Marshall, he brought us some decent players and deserves credit. dave and browny could still do a job for us, and brellier is a good squad player without doubt.

By the way, i couldnt be arsed to check the spelling of the player names, so forgive my lazyness if there wrong, a 5 month old does that to you [:D]

[/quote]

Forget, forget who, what who are you talking about cannot recall  the bloke. 

Looking at his squads, Lappin, Brellier and Murray will be moved on at the earliest opportunity, as will Chris Brown and a question mark hanging over the head of Strihavka.Leaves David Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Chadwick, Fotheringham and Cureton.Rather large failure rate really.

[quote user="sydneysider"]and if it had worked out with Grant all the whingers would be saying what a great manager he is[/quote]

What a comment. If we all  lived by the notion of ''What  if''.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Looking at his squads, Lappin, Brellier and Murray will be moved on at the earliest opportunity, as will Chris Brown and a question mark hanging over the head of Strihavka.

Leaves David Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Chadwick, Fotheringham and Cureton.

Rather large failure rate really.
[/quote]

Not that much bigger than most managers. Out of the players you''ve mention, i''d say probably 5 aren''t good enough and the rest have potentail, every manager make some crap signings. Personally I think Grant had a good eye for players, it just he didn''t know what to do tactically and how to control them. Grant needs to go down a level before he can manage in the championship!

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Looking at his squads, Lappin, Brellier and Murray will be moved on at the earliest opportunity, as will Chris Brown and a question mark hanging over the head of Strihavka.

Leaves David Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Chadwick, Fotheringham and Cureton.

Rather large failure rate really.
[/quote]

lappin will stay, so in my opinion he done all right for the money spent, well should i say glen has realised there potential so making them worth more in my opinion.

Yes, lets forget Grant. Roeder has made me realise just how inept a manager Grant was, and one who destroyed the confidence of several players.

I dont think his record on signings is that special!

Good: Marshall, Russell, Fozzy

Bad: Brellier, Lappin, Brown, Strihavka, Murray

Jury Out: Cureton, Smith, Gilks, Semmy.

Not a great record really. Fozzy was also being called poor 4 weeks ago, and untill then Russel had done nothing, though i agree they are good signings.

How you can say without a doubt Brellier is a good, seems crazy, a squad player at a hearts in a mdeiocre league, Lappin is dross, Murray pretty poor, Strihavka was a crazy signing it seems and then theres one goal Brown!

Cureton''s not bagged many, though it was kind of an obvious signing and i''m still confident he''ll come good when confidence returns. Jon Otsemobor however still concerns me, he''s getting better it seems but defensively he does look shaky.

I was glad that Grant left, he made some shocking choices with his words and actions, but he did not have much choice with having to sell Ethuuuuuuuu, Saf and Earnie and with the money he had, I don''t think he made some bad buys to be honest, he was determined to get Marsh here, he got a very good player in Le Judge to come, albeit he has not shown it here, but at the end of the day he implemented some ideas that even Glen has been happy with, maybe he is suited to being a coach, maybe not. He still deserves some credit for stepping down, what ever the circumstances.

Saying that all, I''m glad we got rid of him and appointed Glen.

Grant did the decent thing. He deserves a lot of respect for being a man about his short comings. After the QPR game he knew he was finished and virtually said as much. I have a long memory. If only John Deehan, Brian Hamilton and Nigel Worthington had done the same. I was Grants biggest critic from day one, but I will always respect him for being honest.

[quote user="sydneysider"]and if it had worked out with Grant all the whingers would be saying what a great manager he is[/quote]

If your granny had bol*ocks she would be your grandad but she hasn''t so she isnt

Um...

If Grant had been a great manager, people would have been saying what a great manager he is.

That''s exactly the kind of insight I visit the Pink Un forums for!

You seem to forget that whilst he was in hindsight an awful appointment and not upto managing in the Championship, he did clear out dead wood that the club didn''t have the balls to previously, namely: Fleming, Livermore and Webb.

So for that I thank him, else they might still be here.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I dont think his record on signings is that special!

Good: Marshall, Russell, Fozzy

Bad: Brellier, Lappin, Brown, Strihavka, Murray

Jury Out: Cureton, Smith, Gilks, Semmy.

Not a great record really. Fozzy was also being called poor 4 weeks ago, and untill then Russel had done nothing, though i agree they are good signings.

How you can say without a doubt Brellier is a good, seems crazy, a squad player at a hearts in a mdeiocre league, Lappin is dross, Murray pretty poor, Strihavka was a crazy signing it seems and then theres one goal Brown!

Cureton''s not bagged many, though it was kind of an obvious signing and i''m still confident he''ll come good when confidence returns. Jon Otsemobor however still concerns me, he''s getting better it seems but defensively he does look shaky.

[/quote]

Semmy ? your having a laugh take it you have never watched norwich play

My opinion:

Good:  Marshall, Semmy

Bad:  Brellier, Lappin, Brown, Strihavka

Jury out:  Fozzy (had a couple of good games this season but was poor last year - needs longer to prove himself), Russell (not convinced that he does anything more than scrap around winning the odd tackle), Cureton, Smith, Gilks, Murray (thought he looked a tidy centre-back when he played there)

grant sold his soul by not getting his own backroom staff in from the word go and putting up with an inadequate transfer budget.  in hindsight, he was set a mission impossible by an inadequate board.  he won''t do the same again.  i wish him luck wherever he ends up.