Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

Sorry guys, not allowed to divulge the contents of Doncaster's reply

To be fair to Archant, the standard of reporting NCFC has risen infinitely since the sacking [in effect] of Rick Waghorn, therefore what is being written actually has relevance to what is going on. I''d hate to go back to the days when Rick wouldn''t critisize the club atall, which made his job untenable.

I was told by webteam Pat and Patrick that yes, in the past the webteam have published contents of emails (including several of my emails to Neil Doncaster and letters to Delia). They cited the case of Sheff Wed sueing some messageboard fans as a reason.

If only we all had the tenacity of those fans. What is so wrong with questioning what''s going on (or not) at the club we all support and contribute to financially. Some of us are even shareholders!

I don''t blame the Pink Un mods (they don''t want to get involved in potential libel cases, I blame the increasingly non fan friendly board of Norwich City Football (??) Club.

It seems to be as a result of a debate between the web team, Arthur, the thread "YankeeCanarys'' thread" might provide you with more info.To be honest, I don''t blame them for being cautious, this is a free service, and the minute someone raises a legal challenge to a free service, the cost of the service starts to outweigh the benefits.

Arthur,

There has been no pressure from the club. However, the clamour by fans for changes at the club has shifted the emphasis from the usual banter to calls for a protest.and has changed the mood. 

While there may not be anything illegal in the publication of the e-mail correspondence, it is ethically unacceptable to publish private correspondence, especially when it carries the disclaimer. In this current mood of anger and frustration, the temptation to create mischief or something more serious by claiming an e-mail correspondence could end in a messy legal wrangle.

Please look at the Sheff Wednesday ruling < http://www.out-law.com/page-8566 > which, while it seems to offer identity protection to you, the posters, has interesting side issues concerning privacy.

I hope this helps.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I was told by webteam Pat and Patrick that yes, in the past the webteam have published contents of emails (including several of my emails to Neil Doncaster and letters to Delia). They cited the case of Sheff Wed sueing some messageboard fans as a reason. If only we all had the tenacity of those fans. What is so wrong with questioning what''s going on (or not) at the club we all support and contribute to financially. Some of us are even shareholders! I don''t blame the Pink Un mods (they don''t want to get involved in potential libel cases, I blame the increasingly non fan friendly board of Norwich City Football (??) Club.[/quote]

So which is it, I''m still confused [*-)] Is it a policy from Archant or the non-friendly board of Norwich City Football Club. Someone must know the truth.

I may be out on a limb here...but surely we send emails to people to satisfy our own curiosity...not to broadcast to others via such places as this. We''ve all got computers and so are capable of contacting these characters at the club should we choose to do so...so why the bleating? It''s just another case of expecting others to do such work on your behalf....then whining when it doesn''t happen. Maybe some of you should try to be more pro-active rather than reactive....then you wouldn''t have to rely on another person''s opinion to form your own......

It''s called individual thinking......rather than following the crowd.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]There''s still a danger that some people might misrepresent what was in the email.[/quote]

What? on here? never!. [;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]

Please look at the Sheff Wednesday ruling < http://www.out-law.com/page-8566 > which, while it seems to offer identity protection to you, the posters, has interesting side issues concerning privacy.

[/quote]

Makes the Sheff Weds board look really, really stupid . . . am I allowed to say that?  [^o)]

Arthur,

There has been no pressure from the club. However, the clamour by fans for changes at the club has shifted the emphasis from the usual banter to calls for a protest.and has changed the mood. 

While there may not be anything illegal in the publication of the e-mail correspondence, it is ethically unacceptable to publish private correspondence, especially when it carries the disclaimer. In this current mood of anger and frustration, the temptation to create mischief or something more serious by claiming an e-mail correspondence could end in a messy legal wrangle.

I hope this helps.

[/quote]

no problem

The link says that the Seff Wed blokes are suing because of football-related deformation, so where does that leave such threads from people like wizzard who say the most awful things about Delia etc? 

Arthur,

I hope this helps.

[/quote]

But surely by posting the actual real e-mail it can''t be mis-represented more than if there is rumour and it is divulged only in part.

[quote user="JC"]

The link says that the Seff Wed blokes are suing because of football-related deformation, so where does that leave such threads from people like wizzard who say the most awful things about Delia etc? 

[/quote]

Search me JC, their welcome to sue me for my huge savings though.............all £3 of it!. And if we''re going down that route then you''ll have to close down every football messageboard on the internet!.

[quote user="Cluck"]

I may be out on a limb here...but surely we send emails to people to satisfy our own curiosity...not to broadcast to others via such places as this. We''ve all got computers and so are capable of contacting these characters at the club should we choose to do so...so why the bleating? It''s just another case of expecting others to do such work on your behalf....then whining when it doesn''t happen. Maybe some of you should try to be more pro-active rather than reactive....then you wouldn''t have to rely on another person''s opinion to form your own......

[/quote]

Cluck, I think you will find that I did say in the original thread that I was going to email Mr Doncaster and suggested others did likewise, I then tried to put on his response as info for all on here. It''s been done before by myself and others. I am sure everyone who is interested can email whoever they like, yes, but as this is a public debating forum I thought we could all go through his replies, silly of me to try and think I was trying to find out what the board think and what they might do wasn''t it. At least some of us are getting off our arses and doing something. I am quite happy to engage in correspondence with the club and discuss the findings of such. Why not, it''s just the same as chatting isn''t it. I have received an email. In the past it would have been a letter which I might have discussed with others. What the webteam are saying is they can''t publish it due to a confidentiality clause - whereas they (and no doubt other sites) published them in the past. This they acknowledge. I intend to go further with this, I don''t expect any help, I can act for myself, but I appreciate your concern all the same.

Arthur,

I hope this helps.

[/quote]

Just to set the record straight, I didn''t mention protesting to Mr Doncaster - the original mail I sent is on a thread on here somewhere, can''t remember the title just now.

A good point well made.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Search me JC, their welcome to sue me for my huge savings though.............all £3 of it!. And if we''re going down that route then you''ll have to close down every football messageboard on the internet!.

[/quote]

Hahahaha. Those Sheffield Wednesday directors should read this board. Then they''ll actually see some remarks. But on a serious matter, surely it''s people''s opinion on matters regarding the club, and if they choose to broadcast them then that''s their responsibility. The mod teams do a great job of stopig any opinions that start to border on hate mongering. And so as such why is this such a big problem?

Why dont we all email  Mr Doncaster the same email with the same questions and observations, possibly a copy or a near copy of the orginal email sent by gazzathegreat and see what sort of a response we get?

I would also be interested.By PM please, I don''t want any more spam by posting my addy.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

We don''t publish private emails - nothing sinister, but they are supposed to be private.

Celia

[/quote]

Well said Celia. People need to respect the fact that that is exactly what private means - private, as in not for viewing by anybody else other than the person that the e-mail, pm or letter has been sent to!

How would other people like it for example, if someone posted a pm on here from somebody else like what happened to Wiz some months ago?

I''m not interested in reading any pm with regards to Doncaster, as I''m not sure that I would believe him anyway, strangely enough!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote] Cluck, I think you will find that I did say in the original thread that I was going to email Mr Doncaster and suggested others did likewise, I then tried to put on his response as info for all on here. It''s been done before by myself and others. I am sure everyone who is interested can email whoever they like, yes, but as this is a public debating forum I thought we could all go through his replies, silly of me to try and think I was trying to find out what the board think and what they might do wasn''t it. At least some of us are getting off our arses and doing something. I am quite happy to engage in correspondence with the club and discuss the findings of such. Why not, it''s just the same as chatting isn''t it. I have received an email. In the past it would have been a letter which I might have discussed with others. What the webteam are saying is they can''t publish it due to a confidentiality clause - whereas they (and no doubt other sites) published them in the past. This they acknowledge. I intend to go further with this, I don''t expect any help, I can act for myself, but I appreciate your concern all the same.[/quote]

It was less of a prod at you Gazza than those who are now clambering all over you when they should be doing such things for themselves....

Before you know it will all be your fault for not asking the right questions or you''ll be venomously accused of witholding information! No argument with you at all Gazza....and you will definately be in the Christmas pantomime this year as one of the "Wise Persons" (to allay charges of sexism)......  [:)]    

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

We don''t publish private emails - nothing sinister, but they are supposed to be private.

Celia

[/quote]

Just wondered, is this new found respect for the privacy of individuals going to be reflected in the papers reporting of future news stories?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

How would other people like it for example, if someone posted a pm on here from somebody else like what happened to Wiz some months ago?

[/quote]

Damn! I''d forgot that Bigmark, okay, I''ll concede, you''re spot on.............this time![;)]