Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Why do we leave five minutes early?

Leaving minutes early means the difference about getting home 30-60 minutes earlier and then i start work at 5am.

Sorry for all you idiots who dont understand, but until i started a new job i stayed for 90 mins and injury time.

Please please dont allow any more of these stupid people on canary call running on about people leaving early. PEOPLE HAVE REASONS.

[quote user="Roeder to the rescue"]

Leaving minutes early means the difference about getting home 30-60 minutes earlier and then i start work at 5am.

Sorry for all you idiots who dont understand, but until i started a new job i stayed for 90 mins and injury time.

Please please dont allow any more of these stupid people on canary call running on about people leaving early. PEOPLE HAVE REASONS.

[/quote]I can understand it too. It takes me 2 hours to get home as it is, but then traffic after the game can add on another hour, depending on what time you leave, and if a game is beyond doubt, sometimes there''s little point staying to watch your oponents hold the ball in the corner flag for 3 three minutes or make s-l-o-w-substitutions.At the end of the day - you''ve paid your money and you can do what you like. At least you actually go to the matches - Come on this message board during a home game and you''ll find 60% of regular posters don''t actually go to matches at all!

Yea, until I moved to Norwich i was catching trains to carrow road, last train would be due to leave 5 minutes after evening game finished...considering its a 10 min walk that would be the reason to leave 5 minutes early. Or it''d be costing you £50 at least to get a decent  B@B

I''m not an idiot and I don''t understand, but thanks for your bigotry.

I have a five and a half hour drive to get home after the game and I don''t leave early - sorry you don''t understand.

August 64

I leave at the start of injury time sometimes as it just adds 30/60 minutes to my journey.When i used to get the train the train back to yarmouth used to run as 5.05 or 5.35. So you had to wait for 30 extra minutes for a more packed train and then an extra 10 minutes to get the bus home. Sorry but I always left those 5 minutes early to catch that train. On saturdays I usually watch all the game but it depends where I park. If I''ve gotta get up at 6 the next morning (early for me) then im not gonna want to be driving home still at 11.30 at night.

[quote user="August 64"]

I''m not an idiot and I don''t understand, but thanks for your bigotry.

I have a five and a half hour drive to get home after the game and I don''t leave early - sorry you don''t understand.

August 64

[/quote]

Good for you, i shall make sure that the club awards you with a medal.

Its a free country and you can do what you like!

I also understand that public transport often trys its best one way or the other to make things difficult for its customers and the road network in our part of the world is poor. 

But I don''t see the point of paying large amounts of money to watch a game of football and leave early potentially missing some major incidents!

The same as people who go to the game and miss 10-15 minutes in the bar, crazy!! 

I always refer back to Chris Suttons 97th minute equaliser against Sheffield Wednesday in 1994, coming back from 2-1 down at home to Coventry in 1991, losing 3-2 at Crewe in 1999 after being 2-0 up after 82 minutes and the famous comeback against Middlesbrough in the Premiership when talking about leaving early!

Canary call sometimes has some one ring in with common sense but more often than not it doesn''t so take it with a pinch of salt!

Takes all sorts I suppose!

Well a lot of people left when we were 4-1 down with 2 minutes to play against M''boro. They must have felt really stupid, I wasn''t one of them [:D]

''''Good for you, i shall make sure that the club awards you with a medal''''

No need for the above type of response R to t R old chap shows a touch of immaturity if you dont mind me saying.I like many  attend all home games and have a 2 hour plus drive home. However I do stay to the end, my choice.But every time I sit in the car queing for sometimes three quarters of an hour to get out of the carpark before starting my 100 mile drive home I do wonder why I hadnt done the sensible thing sometimes and left a touch early so I can fully understand.We all pay our money and make our choices. Somone who leaves a tad early having committed to a 5 hour round trip to support our underperforming side should not be critised unduly.Look forward to recieving my medal in the post as well thanks !

So you have a two and a half hour drive home, it must mean

you have a two and a half hour drive to the game, you then spend ~ 90mins

watching the game, so you commit approx six and a half hours to watch a Norwich

City match.  That’s a quarter of your day and surely the most important

part of your day as you are a committed fan and have driven two and a half

hours to get there, and you can''t spare another 5 minutes, why bother to even

drive all that time?

The chap along the row leaves on 85 minutes, no matter what time the match

kicks off, so there can be no train / bus excuse there.  He then misses 4

minutes of extra time, a total of 9 minutes or 10% of the match.  He pays

approx £25 a match for a ticket, and wastes £2.50 per match or £60 per season

if you include one cup game.  Why?

Yes I have read the above and I do sort of understand, but no I still don''t really

understand.

City Till (five minutes before) I Die!

[quote user="Freddy H"]

So you have a two and a half hour drive home, it must mean you have a two and a half hour drive to the game, you then spend ~ 90mins watching the game, so you commit approx six and a half hours to watch a Norwich City match.  That’s a quarter of your day and surely the most important part of your day as you are a committed fan and have driven two and a half hours to get there, and you can''t spare another 5 minutes, why bother to even drive all that time?

The chap along the row leaves on 85 minutes, no matter what time the match kicks off, so there can be no train / bus excuse there.  He then misses 4 minutes of extra time, a total of 9 minutes or 10% of the match.  He pays approx £25 a match for a ticket, and wastes £2.50 per match or £60 per season if you include one cup game.  Why?

Yes I have read the above and I do sort of understand, but no I still don''t really understand.

City Till (five minutes before) I Die!

[/quote]

Because its his money and he is entitled to spend it however he wants without any critisism from others. You don''t need to have an excuse or take in a note to the teacher.

If people want to leave at  85 minutes or 60 minutes or half time its nobody else''s business.

i can understand people going early what gets me is

people who go to the bar 10mins before halftime

then come back 15mins into the 2nd half

when you count added on time they missing around 30mins of football

also i went to england v isareal game, people were leaving after 60mins, i understand i.e tubes, beat the rush etc...

but the cheapiest ticket was 40quid - just seems weird people spending 40quid for 60mins of footy

THE REASON PEOPLE LEAVE EARLY IS BECAUSE ITS CRAP

NORWICH ARE LUCKY TO GET THE SUPPORT THAT THEY DO GET

CAN''T BLAME PEOPLE FOR LEAVING EARLY

I ALWAYS USED TO AT ABOUT THE 88/89 MINUTE MARK(BUT I GAVE UP MY SEASON TICKET)

[quote user="we8wba"]

i can understand people going early what gets me is

people who go to the bar 10mins before halftime

then come back 15mins into the 2nd half

when you count added on time they missing around 30mins of football

also i went to england v isareal game, people were leaving after 60mins, i understand i.e tubes, beat the rush etc...

but the cheapiest ticket was 40quid - just seems weird people spending 40quid for 60mins of footy

[/quote]

I know what you mean I have people that sit in the same row as me in the Barclay stand who arrive 10mins late, leave 5 minutes early before half time and leave before the final whistle.

Whats that about????