Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Roeder out! Hang the board!

Sorry guys but i cant see him doing any good here,can you?

His manergerial record speaks for itself!

Whatever possesed the board,hang them i say!

For anyone needing someone to talk to,i suggest this number....08457 90 90 90

For once I''m with you TwoSheds - in the past I''ve felt you''re full of sh1te but this is a disaster!!
We have the only board that don''t actually know anything about football or would seem to watch it in any way shape or form.  I thought Grant was a bad appointment but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I can''t do it again - this is the biggest f*** up since eric the viking order 10,000 helmets with the horns on the inside!!!

Dear oh dear, any very, very small shred of respect I may have had for the board has finally gone.  I have been wary of the board ever since I felt they kept Worthington on only to shield them themselves but this really is the straw that breaks the camels back.  Not only do we buy players no one else wants, we get managers no one wants either.  I will always support Norwich but there are so many things wrong with this appointment.

The man has been unemployed since before the end of last season yet he has not been offered one of numerous positions going.  Leicester have had 3 vacancies since he left Newcastle and yet he didn''t get a sniff.  Wigan, Sheffield Utd, QPR, Crystal Palace and I could go on.  None of them wanted him.

Secondly, he has NO experience of getting a side promoted and has a CV that says MEDIOCRITY.

Most annoyingly, why does it take 3 weeks to appoint someone who is unemployed?  He could have been in the same day Grant left. 

Lastly this whole appointment and the process has been a complete joke.  Clearly the whole thing has been geared around spending as little as possible.  That’s why it took so long.  The board were hoping Duffy would do enough so they could give him the job but he clearly wasn''t up to it.  Failing that they have taken the next cheapest option by appointing an unemployed (and seemingly unemployable by anyone other than us) manager.

Ambition has left building.  Welcome to Norwich City - Refuge for footballs unwanted! 

Hmm, let''s see, he took a team full of underperforming big name players out of a relegation position, and finished 7th in the toughest league in the world.No mug then.Now that they''ve made the appointment, they need to stump up some cash for a couple of loan signings who can "keep the ball", as Huckerby said.  Otherwise they could have employed Big Phil Scolari, Claudio Ranieri or the Pope and it wouldn''t have made any difference.

considering the mess we are in he is very high profile. if we stay in the championship this season then its a successful appointment, end of.

I am agreed, I am totally exhausted with all things NCFC I am out until I see a change in the guard!!

They are a total disgrace! I will come again to watch us begin the fight back from League 2 under new owners!!

What a totally unexciting and uninspiring appointment - he must have been cheap. I think he would have come very near to the bottom of my wish list! I just hope and pray he can save us from League One misery, but don''t really have any great belief that he is capable of doing so.

Still, having said all of that, it is essential that each and every City fan gives him their full backing now  - if not we are surely doomed, aren''t we?

"Norwich '' R '' Us" said: considering the mess we are in he is very high profile. if we stay in the championship this season then its a successful appointment, end of.What after that then. Oh let''s challenge Barnsley for 18th position!!!!!

He was rubbish at West Ham, the fans couldn''t stand him, then he was appointed on the cheap at Newcastle, andmany fans there think he was just a stop gap, even if he wasn''t he was still poor. Can''t believe we went for him, I really thought the Board would be more ambitious this time.  "No more penny pinching"  whatever!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Just the sort of reply that we would have got if Mourinho was put in charge from some supporters.  Nothing like giving the chap a chance is there.  These sort of posts just cause unrest amongst supporters even before a ball has been kicked and do not in any way help matters.  Get behind the bloke for gods sake and give him a chance, slagging him and the board off does nobody any favours.  You can always go and support Ip.... who are fourth and no doubt coming up to your expectations. 

[quote user="Fellas"]"Norwich '' R '' Us" said: considering the mess we are in he is very high profile. if we stay in the championship this season then its a successful appointment, end of.

What after that then. Oh let''s challenge Barnsley for 18th position!!!!!
[/quote]

you crawl before you can walk..

I think some people on this board need to grow up, and take some time to think about this appointment.

Vastly experienced manager (the last two weren''t)

Has huge respect within the game (great for loan signings)

Even Hammers & Newcastle fans appreciate the fact he got both clubs out of relegation battles to respective league positions.

It''s not the appointment we were expecting, but FFS give the man a chance.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]I presume you meant ''full of love'' Stella?[/quote]

If that makes you feel better on this dismal day !!   Then be my guest and dream on ;o)

[quote user="Olive King"]Great post, nothing like getting behind the club and the new manager and that is nothing like it. Norwich fan? I don''t think so[/quote]

You can get behind the new manager and this useless baord if you like... but you will be one of the most responsible for our relegation this season.

Board out, Roeder out should ring around Carrow Road loud and proud on Sunday if NCFC fans have any balls whatsover!!!

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Just the sort of reply that we would have got if Mourinho was put in charge from some supporters.  Nothing like giving the chap a chance is there.  These sort of posts just cause unrest amongst supporters even before a ball has been kicked and do not in any way help matters.  Get behind the bloke for gods sake and give him a chance, slagging him and the board off does nobody any favours.  You can always go and support Ip.... who are fourth and no doubt coming up to your expectations. 

[/quote]

I dont think posts on here causes much unrest among the supporters apart from the 100 or so that post on here. A very small minority compared to the 20000+ who go to the games!

He needs to get his own team in, and one which is really good, I wonder if this was part of his conditions

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rubbish.  There would have been no replies of the sort had Mourinho been put in charge.  These sort of replies come from appointing a manager without any success to his name.  He kept Newcastle up - wow, he must have been 1 out 500 managers who could have managed that.

In truth this rection has nothing to do with Roeder and everything to do with the board.  They had a chance to restore some supporter confidence and they have blown it with this appoinment.

[quote user="king of latvia"]YOU ARE BOTH IDIOTS NOT CITY FANS[/quote]

Its people like you who hold this club back!

I hope there aren''t too many guests signing on here from other clubs, because we must come across as a moaning, whingeing, bitching, belly-ache arse of a set of supporters. So we have Glenn Roeder - what, did you think Murinho or Jewell or Alex Fergusson or Wenger was waiting for the job to be available?? - good luck Glenn, I am right behind you 110% and if you manage to keep us in this division this year, then you will have done an incredible job. For those who are whingeing and tagging him "rat-boy", then actually you ought to p**s off and watch Jackanory....or better, go out to play and see if you can learn how to make friends.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

I dont think posts on here causes much unrest among the supporters apart from the 100 or so that post on here. A very small minority compared to the 20000+ who go to the games!

[/quote]

Spot on TwoSheds!

And as very few of the hundred or so are actually in that 20000+ who go to games it makes me realise how insignificant we really are. Do you think the board actually care what the likes of 1st Wiz, Smudger or nutty nigel post on here? And yet even though we both realise this it still seems posters can claim to speak for the true fans [*-)]

I am not that excited, what I would say is that he fits into our club ethos very well.

Very pleasant, quite articulate, will probably improve our passing in the medium term

Not sure that he will be able to restructure and re-motivate our team of wasters however.

The main debit for the Board is that this has taken 3 weeks to employ an out of work Manager who put his application in on day 1.

It is not the worst appointment in the World but its not the best either and we needed more than this to reverse the feeling of gloom around the Club

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hmm, let''s see, he took a team full of underperforming big name players out of a relegation position, and finished 7th in the toughest league in the world.

No mug then.

Now that they''ve made the appointment, they need to stump up some cash for a couple of loan signings who can "keep the ball", as Huckerby said.  Otherwise they could have employed Big Phil Scolari, Claudio Ranieri or the Pope and it wouldn''t have made any difference.
[/quote]

He took over from Souness for gawds sake, and during his second season Newcastle shot back down the league to flit with relegation again.