Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Cluck a question

Cluck I often thought there was some reason to your IMO madness, and everyone needs a villian.  Maybe you are just a perfectionist, or someone who is perminantly negative and secretly hopeful, but I have just seen your signature, "DELIA SMITH''S GREEN AND YELLOW BRA WEARING NANCY BOY ARMY!" and dont get it?

If you hate the players, manager, coaches, board, staff, and now clearly the fans, why do you bother?  I mean you have clocked up thousands of posts, in the time I have barely got 250, so I dont get why you waste your time.  I have always been a Canary fan, always will, however much I get annoyed at times, but I cant understand the hatred of everything NCFC related.

Please explain your madness, as before I thought you were the other side of my normally optimistic conscious, as I normally think along the lines of CA, and gave me things to think about, but the signature seems a little unnecessary.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Oh dear, I''ve just noticed where you live.

Cluck is going to have a field day with this one!

[/quote]

What does he have against living in London?

I think my village where I am from is fairly obvious!

[quote user="gissing canary"]

Cluck I often thought there was some reason to your IMO madness, and everyone needs a villian.  Maybe you are just a perfectionist, or someone who is perminantly negative and secretly hopeful, but I have just seen your signature, "DELIA SMITH''S GREEN AND YELLOW BRA WEARING NANCY BOY ARMY!" and dont get it?

If you hate the players, manager, coaches, board, staff, and now clearly the fans, why do you bother?  I mean you have clocked up thousands of posts, in the time I have barely got 250, so I dont get why you waste your time.  I have always been a Canary fan, always will, however much I get annoyed at times, but I cant understand the hatred of everything NCFC related.

Please explain your madness, as before I thought you were the other side of my normally optimistic conscious, as I normally think along the lines of CA, and gave me things to think about, but the signature seems a little unnecessary.

[/quote]

God....a Londoner who admits to thinking like CA!!!!. What a mind boggling combination....

I''ll leave this space empty then so you can speak for me.......I''m sure you''d prefer it this way......

Next!

Cluck.

As one who sits on the other side of the fence I have to admit to a somewhat grudged reply to your last post but........

The new signature !!

that was the funniest, clever, quick witted response I have ever seen on this board and had me in fits !!

[quote user="Cluck "]

What a mind boggling combination....

[/quote]

To be fair, a mind as small and closed as yours is going to find itself boggled by a lot of things...

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Cluck.

As one who sits on the other side of the fence I have to admit to a somewhat grudged reply to your last post but........

The new signature !!

that was the funniest, clever, quick witted response I have ever seen on this board and had me in fits !!

[/quote]

Ooh, Cluck, with your quick witted, funny, clever response you are surely spoiling us!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="gissing canary"]

[/quote]

God....a Londoner who admits to thinking like CA!!!!. What a mind boggling combination....

I''ll leave this space empty then so you can speak for me.......I''m sure you''d prefer it this way......

And whats the matter with Londoners??

[/quote]

Cluck.

The new signature !!

[/quote]Easily amused and impressed then !

[quote user="Dowp End"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Cluck.

The new signature !!

[/quote]
Easily amused and impressed then !
[/quote]

If we ever argue lappinitup, i''ll just bring some coloured plastic shapes in. That''ll amuse AND impress you, if clucks thinking does.

=]

Cluck.

The new signature !!

[/quote]

I''m sure I don''t know what you mean lappin......      [;)]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

To be fair, a mind as small and closed as yours is going to find itself boggled by a lot of things...
[/quote]

As equally small as yours then, or should we all toe the party line to have equally LARGE  minds.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

To be fair, a mind as small and closed as yours is going to find itself boggled by a lot of things...[/quote]

As equally small as yours then, or should we all toe the party line to have equally LARGE  minds.

[/quote]who rattled your cage?

Cluck, i have lived in norfolk all 26 years of my life are you suggesting if i moved to London tomorrow i would become a londoner and could no longer claim to be a city fan? Are you aware of the concept of leaving Norfolk? and people wonder why we all have a reputation for being inbred!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair, I''ve never seen Herb dismiss anybody''s opinion simply because they happen to live outside Norfolk. That seems to be a reasonable indicator of a parochial mentality and closed mindedness to me.

[/quote]

To be fair, a mind as small and closed as yours is going to find itself boggled by a lot of things...[/quote]

[/quote]What party line is this? And when did you become Cluck''s minder? Cos you ain''t a very scary one! [:P]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What party line is this? And when did you become Cluck''s minder? Cos you ain''t a very scary one! [:P]
[/quote]

The one that states that in order to be a true fan of NCFC you cannot be critical of them because if you are critical you are not a true fan. And regarding your last comment I dare not to ever post on here again.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]What party line is this? And when did you become Cluck''s minder? Cos you ain''t a very scary one! [:P][/quote]

The one that states that in order to be a true fan of NCFC you cannot be critical of them because if you are critical you are not a true fan. And regarding your last comment I dare not to ever post on here again.

[/quote]Well do your homework before casting aspersions.I dish out my share of criticism where its due. What I don''t do is criticise everything about the club, its board players and manager regardless, and I certainly don''t slag off and name call my fellow supporters because they don''t agree with me. Nor do I profess to be more of a fan than A.N. Other.So what was your point again?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair, I''ve never seen Herb dismiss anybody''s opinion simply because they happen to live outside Norfolk. That seems to be a reasonable indicator of a parochial mentality and closed mindedness to me.

[/quote]

Wow. Bow wow. Wow.

OTBC

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Cluck, i have lived in norfolk all 26 years of my life are you suggesting if i moved to London tomorrow i would become a londoner and could no longer claim to be a city fan? Are you aware of the concept of leaving Norfolk? and people wonder why we all have a reputation for being inbred!
[/quote]

Completely agree.  I was born in the Norfolk and Norwich, went to school in Norwich, till 18, and moved away, but still go HOME regularly, and watch games when I can, and I go to the away games, so far in London Charlton, and am off to the QPR game.  So how am I a Londoner, having only worked here 2 years??

Also, yes I agree with CA sometimes, a passionate fan (though I dont feel the same about hucks), but I also said I agree with you sometimes, I am not someone who loves the board, though I also believe that sometimes, some people are over criticised in a difficult situation!

And I didnt want to make it a personal thing, I was asking questions about your logic, but hey, clearly displayed your logic, with intelligent well thought out comments in response!

[quote user="gissing canary"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Cluck, i have lived in norfolk all 26 years of my life are you suggesting if i moved to London tomorrow i would become a londoner and could no longer claim to be a city fan? Are you aware of the concept of leaving Norfolk? and people wonder why we all have a reputation for being inbred!
[/quote]

Completely agree.  I was born in the Norfolk and Norwich, went to school in Norwich, till 18, and moved away, but still go HOME regularly, and watch games when I can, and I go to the away games, so far in London Charlton, and am off to the QPR game.  So how am I a Londoner, having only worked here 2 years??

Also, yes I agree with CA sometimes, a passionate fan (though I dont feel the same about hucks), but I also said I agree with you sometimes, I am not someone who loves the board, though I also believe that sometimes, some people are over criticised in a difficult situation!

And I didnt want to make it a personal thing, I was asking questions about your logic, but hey, clearly displayed your logic, with intelligent well thought out comments in response!

[/quote]

I accept your humble apology then missingcanary......but by moving to London you have automatically lost your right to be considered acceptable in rural society. Sorry....but that''s just the way it goes and you can''t have your cake and it it you know.

It was far from an apology.Thanks for letting me "it" my cake, I will give it a go later.You have conveniently avoided the inital question, of why do you post so so much when you seem to hate everything about the club?Do you hate living in norfolk as well as everything to do with the club?  Are you jealous of me living in London? 

[quote user="gissing canary"]It was far from an apology.
Thanks for letting me "it" my cake, I will give it a go later.
You have conveniently avoided the inital question, of why do you post so so much when you seem to hate everything about the club?
Do you hate living in norfolk as well as everything to do with the club?  Are you jealous of me living in London? 
[/quote]

hehehe stoke up that fire again GISSING... well done lad I was enjoying seeing how this one pans out...

You have conveniently avoided the inital question, of why do you post so so much when you seem to hate everything about the club?
Do you hate living in norfolk as well as everything to do with the club?  Are you jealous of me living in London? 
[/quote]

A further apology is unnecessary...but if you insist.......

Why do I post? Primarily because I am a City supporter born in the beautiful City of Norwich itself. I have supported the club since 1962 and come from a long line of NCFC supporters dating back to the 1920''s. That said....if folk like me didn''t bother to remind certain "new supporters" that this club once had a proud and respected side on the pitch...which played exciting passing football involving a whole string of talented players...some might think we were always such crap. That''s why in a nutshell.

Why do I hate everything about the club? Sadly this shows how little you understand about genuine passion....nor the depths to which this club has sunk in the past decade. I....along with numerous others on here love the club dearly...but not those in power who are leading it towards destruction. Sadly many of you (the sheep) fail to seperate the two. So as long as things remain the same....I too will remain the same. You''ll just have to get used to it won''t you?

Do I hate Norfolk?  Am I jealous of you living in London? If you need to ask that I''m afraid there is no hope for you.

Enjoy "it-ing" your cake by the way. Far rather a single word wrong than a whole mentality eh?.......

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

A further apology is unnecessary...but if you insist.......

Why do I post? Primarily because I am a City supporter born in the beautiful City of Norwich itself. I have supported the club since 1962 and come from a long line of NCFC supporters dating back to the 1920''s. That said....if folk like me didn''t bother to remind certain "new supporters" that this club once had a proud and respected side on the pitch...which played exciting passing football involving a whole string of talented players...some might think we were always such crap. That''s why in a nutshell.

Why do I hate everything about the club? Sadly this shows how little you understand about genuine passion....nor the depths to which this club has sunk in the past decade. I....along with numerous others on here love the club dearly...but not those in power who are leading it towards destruction. Sadly many of you (the sheep) fail to seperate the two. So as long as things remain the same....I too will remain the same. You''ll just have to get used to it won''t you?

Do I hate Norfolk?  Am I jealous of you living in London? If you need to ask that I''m afraid there is no hope for you.

Enjoy "it-ing" your cake by the way. Far rather a single word wrong than a whole mentality eh?.......

[/quote]

hehehe chuckle chuckle... beautifully put Cluck...

Really can''t see how you managed to explain this for the 500th time though!?!!?!?  [*-)]