Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I will not wish for a City defeat tonight but...

If it gets rid of McGrant, I won''t be gutted either!.

Yes, I know the 3 points are vital, but getting shot of the clueless Celt is far more important in my opinion ............agreed?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yes, I know the 3 points are vital, but getting shot of the clueless Celt is far more important in my opinion ............agreed?.

[/quote]

I would rather have the 3 points Wiz but if a loss heaps more pressure on the Stowmarket two then at least there will be some consolation.

It''s another sad season where we want things to happen - but they usually just drag along slowly! I could never want the team to lose, but I do want this sorry state our club is in to change.

However, as usual we are at the mercy of the kings of spin and those who are still watching a different ball game from some of us.

[/quote]

sorry completely disagree, i want the win everytime, just think if they win it might be the start of something, you never no, but no id never want them to lose even if it did mean the end of grant, and anyone that wants there team to lose just to do something aint much of a fanand lets face you only want the club to lose to get rid of grant so that if he does start to do well you wont look like a bunch of faithless losersso no nothing should warrent the expense of 3 points and a win for the yellow and green army

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]

[/quote]

sorry completely disagree, i want the win everytime, just think if they win it might be the start of something, you never no, but no id never want them to lose even if it did mean the end of grant, and anyone that wants there team to lose just to do something aint much of a fan

and lets face you only want the club to lose to get rid of grant so that if he does start to do well you wont look like a bunch of faithless losers

so no nothing should warrent the expense of 3 points and a win for the yellow and green army
[/quote]

Er, read the thread title again, now tell me were I said I want us to lose?.

Well I want us to lose... short term pain for long term gain is in the best interests of NCFC at this moment in time in my opinion anyhow...

C''mon Scunthorpe!!!!

An analogy, if you had a terminal illness but and had to loose a leg to stay alive, you dont want to loose that leg but sacrifice it for a long term fix, to me thats the same as city losing tonight, dont want it but in order for a long term fix i would gladly suffer it. If we could scrape a win badly enough for Grant to get the boot that would be ideal.

You are an absolute digrace to this club Smudger.  You dont deserve to call yourself a fan.  Oh and for any of his equally pathetic "sympathisers" I dont care how much he supposes to love the club or that it''s his opnion.  Frankly I''m sick of reading the negative tripe he spouts on an almost daily basis.  Oh and no I wont just ignore him or leave the messageboard because such terminally annoying posts and posters need to be told about it.  This isnt what a messageboard should be about.  Sort it out.

[quote user="Smudger"]Well I want us to lose... short term pain for long term gain is in the best interests of NCFC at this moment in time in my opinion anyhow...

C''mon Scunthorpe!!!![/quote]You''re right Geeza, it IS a disgrace. But it''s exactly the same as happened about 12 months ago. If ever there was a good example of "Be careful what you wish for...." that was it, and yet they''re at it again! So the main reason that it''s a disgrace is because it hurts the Club, in the long term as well as the short term. Some choose to blame the Board for this attitude among the fans, but I blame those fans. It''s the same as blaming the manager for lack of effort from the players, when even the players admit it''s their fault! Personal responsibility? Nah, it''s easier to blame someone else.

Why not just be honest WIZ???

C''mon I know it... you want us to lose too don''t you???

Just don''t have the balls to say it on here do you???

There are hundreds of Norwich fans around the country that will be hoping for another defeat tonight to heap yet more pressure on the board and the fans who have supported them while they have destroyed our club.

C''mon WIZ admit it... there is no shame in it you know (regardless of what many may say on here)

For gods sake 6 weeks or so ago most on here were saying how we had a great transfer window and were going to win a play-off place this year... so no need to worry what they say!!!

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]You are an absolute digrace to this club Smudger.  You dont deserve to call yourself a fan.  Oh and for any of his equally pathetic "sympathisers" I dont care how much he supposes to love the club or that it''s his opnion.  Frankly I''m sick of reading the negative tripe he spouts on an almost daily basis.  Oh and no I wont just ignore him or leave the messageboard because such terminally annoying posts and posters need to be told about it.  This isnt what a messageboard should be about.  Sort it out.[/quote]

Then I suggest that you go and make your own lovey dovey message board where everything in the garden is smelling of roses and you all have one ''BIG HUNKY DOREY LOCK IN LOVE SESSION'' Geeza in Yellow.

Because this place and the state that the club is in at the moment calls for heated debate.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]You are an absolute digrace to this club Smudger.  You dont deserve to call yourself a fan.  Oh and for any of his equally pathetic "sympathisers" I dont care how much he supposes to love the club or that it''s his opnion.  Frankly I''m sick of reading the negative tripe he spouts on an almost daily basis.  Oh and no I wont just ignore him or leave the messageboard because such terminally annoying posts and posters need to be told about it.  This isnt what a messageboard should be about.  Sort it out.[/quote]

Then I suggest that you go and make your own lovey dovey message board where everything in the garden is smelling of roses and you all have one ''BIG HUNKY DOREY LOCK IN LOVE SESSION'' Geeza in Yellow.

Because this place and the state that the club is in at the moment calls for heated debate.

[/quote]

Smudger you are a disgrace..  I am not happy with the club at all at the moment and am as fed up and angry as anyone, but I always want Norwich to win.  Survival is the main issue now, as I do not want to be playing league 1, and if we are in that league or this league whether delia or grant stay or go won''t make a difference as if anything happens it will happen whatever.

Old Boy who brought the players in, who picks the team, who picks the system, who should motivate the players, oh yea the manager. If the players are not performing for such a great guy, there is defo something wrong. Also its a bit naive to believe all the press coming out of CR, how many managers have been sacked with the players still saying what a great guy they are, quite alot i would suggest.

Heated BUT constructive debate I can handle and in most cases enjoy, as we all work towards a common cause.  But I''m afraid I draw the line at your continual moaning and cynicism.  You are a good for nothing wind-up merchant, nothing more nothing less.

I read one post likening the situation to a terminal illness.  That person needs to get a grip and a little respect.  Old Boy has hit the nail absolutely on the head.  Dress it up how you will fool but at the end of the day a TRUE norwich fan (and not just an attention-seeking fake) would NEVER want their team to lose.  It simply doesn''t come into question. Period.

Short term pain for long term gain......but that''s the course only those with courage would take. I fear however too many "new supporters" are far too weak to endure the pain....and don''t care about the potential gain anyway....just as long as Lady Delia remains on her throne.

Losers in the stands supporting losers on the pitch....It''s time they were swept away.

have all 2K+ of your posts been moaning?

maybe now everyone knows what you think you should not post on every topic you see and just have one thread -"for those who want to talk to smudger"

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well I want us to lose... short term pain for long term gain is in the best interests of NCFC at this moment in time in my opinion anyhow...

C''mon Scunthorpe!!!!

[/quote]

Toataly agree with you there Smudger. Last saturday afternoon against sheff weds a strange thing happened.....I wasnt really hoping we would lose against them but when we did it was almost like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. A loss tonight and we could be one step closer to grunt going. I just hope he takes delia and co with him!

Your crazy if you think a defeat tonight will end Peter Grant''s short managerial career with Norwich City, our bored are very relucatant to sack any manager just look at how long it took them to get rid of Worthington, also there are several other circumstances that will prevent the NCFC bored from sacking PG right now, such as the fact they we will have to pay him a large compensation sum which is all we need financially, Grant is still learning his trade and it''s still very very early in the season. The only time the Bored will consider sacking PG is when were literally in a relegation fight, and if it means that much to you to see Grant go then you best start getting used to the idea of supporting the opposition and hope we lose every game.

Of course by that time we will already be in far too much trouble, and any new manager coming in will have a tough job on his hands to save us, so all i''m saying is get over yourself and support the club nothing else,

Peter Grant isn''t the best manager in the world but he is what we have got so get over it and act like a proper fan!

The voice of reason as ever TwoSheds. Not. Oh sorry for a minute there i thought you''d formed your own opnion but no silly me, you''ve simply reinforced your "close" friend Smudgers.

Its people like you two that create the instability we have at NCFC now.  We''re becoming another Wolves always moaning and calling for the managers head.  Call yourselves fans? You''re a joke.

Smudger wrote the following post at 02/10/2007 2:03 PM:

C''mon Scunthorpe!!!!

I have just realised that the more venomous bile I read from Smuck, Clack and Was the more I have to go to support the TEAM, not the major shareholders the eleven people wearing the shirts for our club.

So lets get behind them.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I would rather have the 3 points Wiz but if a loss heaps more pressure on the Stowmarket two then at least there will be some consolation.

[/quote]

Totally agree Ricardo.

[quote user="London_Canary"]

Your crazy if you think a defeat tonight will end Peter Grant''s short managerial career with Norwich City, our bored are very relucatant to sack any manager just look at how long it took them to get rid of Worthington, also there are several other circumstances that will prevent the NCFC bored from sacking PG right now, such as the fact they we will have to pay him a large compensation sum which is all we need financially, Grant is still learning his trade and it''s still very very early in the season. The only time the Bored will consider sacking PG is when were literally in a relegation fight, and if it means that much to you to see Grant go then you best start getting used to the idea of supporting the opposition and hope we lose every game.

Of course by that time we will already be in far too much trouble, and any new manager coming in will have a tough job on his hands to save us, so all i''m saying is get over yourself and support the club nothing else,

Peter Grant isn''t the best manager in the world but he is what we have got so get over it and act like a proper fan!

[/quote]

Well said LC, I couldn''t agree more with that.

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]

Heated BUT constructive debate I can handle and in most cases enjoy, as we all work towards a common cause.  But I''m afraid I draw the line at your continual moaning and cynicism.  You are a good for nothing wind-up merchant, nothing more nothing less.

I read one post likening the situation to a terminal illness.  That person needs to get a grip and a little respect.  Old Boy has hit the nail absolutely on the head.  Dress it up how you will fool but at the end of the day a TRUE norwich fan (and not just an attention-seeking fake) would NEVER want their team to lose.  It simply doesn''t come into question. Period.

[/quote]

Ah...but aren''t we confusing the "team" with the "club".........

They used to be the same thing a few years back...but with the split in loyalties between Lady Delia and the club these days....you can support one, but not necessarily the other.

The current team has been demolished to the point where it doesn''t even begin to resemble the values for which we were once known. Gone is the passing football and exciting play....and in has come the desperation of hoof ball and panic. The former values were inherited by Smith....the latter have been created by her........

I support my club as fervently as ever...which means fighting for it when it falls. What exactly are the apologists doing? Sweet sod all of course....the very reason it has been allowed to fail so badly. I fear the sheep are only too happy to debate things they agree with...else ways it sinks to the usual level of "binner" or "wind-up merchant"......

Thank goodness this place is "virtual".....otherwise most of you would be certified.

[quote user="Geeza in Yellow"]

[/quote]

read again it was an analogy and if we get relegated it may well be terminal for our club. The point was no fan wants to lose its hurts, but i would stand the pain of a loss for the long term future of the club, so please dont be so melodramatic.

Short term pain for long term gain

This is a bit like playing for a draw but finding you concede in the last minute to lose - you may not end up with what you are wishing for