Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

wolves on sat?

who is coming to the home of footie then? whats your predictions?

if you play half decent you at least get 1pt, we are terrible at the moment, out played sheffutd 45mins then not one sod done well 2nd half! n plus we dont shoot so you in no danger

i reckon you could quite easily take 1pt off us and maybe all 3 if you play right! saying that wolves are due a good performance n when it comes its going to be thrashing for someone when it all clicks together just to pre warn you

see that coming tues vs hull at home instead

but just wondered your thoughts? and how many you bringing up to ours

wolves are a classic case of all the gear no idea,you have had good players, god support, good financial backing, then, a crap manager to muck everything up.Mc Carthy isnt a bad manager, but if you were to get up,you would need to sack him, and get a better manager, not only wolves, but others as well need a braveheart manager, somebody with leadership skills.and Mc Carthy cannot do with your squad what you should be doing...

I thought with all your millions, and Darren Ward, Eastwood, and Jarvis life would be easy for you guys?

Whats going wrong?

On anyday we can beat any team in the league, we can also lose to any team.  No offence but I am more concerned about Charlton first, as they are rocky at the moment, and if we could nick something confidence would be high.

On the plus note for us both, we are the featured game on the championship on sunday morning.  Sadly for you, that means you have to put up with Matt Smith talking rubbish at your ground with random long pauses between each syllable, as my protests to get him off TV to ITV have so far failed.

Hey buddy, if we can get a point I will be delighted. I feel you guys have a lot of quality, but like you said, it depends on both counts which teams turn up. To be honest I am a little worried after our no show against Hull. Our away form has been shocking for as long as I can remember.

However good luck for the season, these wishes I grant you after saturday.

hi we8wba, off up to midlands thursday from devon to see my first game of the season on sat and to see some mates that i used to live with in telford. they are wolves fans and have sorted me out with a ticket so will be in with your lot. looking forward to a good game hopefuly, both teams have had a bumpy start so should make for a evenly matched game. whatever the result will be off for plenty of beer and drunkeness in the city centre after. if hucks hits form we can get some payback for your last minute goal last year.

to the post bout mick mcarthy, the man is god as far we can see, man walks on ice! he is the only manager i can think off since graham turner in the early 90s who wolves fans like, does a job, and shows passion

i think last year we over achieved, but this year the levels have risen with fans demanding results (Which never works with us) when quite frankly theres better teams out there in watford charlton etc..

1pt for you would be good result i would think in an away game vs another biggish side in the league

and on transfer front jarvis injured not played game, elliot made 2nd appearance from injury so only eastwood playd plus we are missing the best goalie in the league by far in matt murray!

Agree in part with your comment we8wba about Matt Murray. But for him we would have scored at least 5 goals at carrow Road last season- the guy was immense that night.  However our own David Marshall is showing signs that he is one of the top ''keepers in the league now.  Murray seems to have been injured on and off for a long time, do you think he''ll be the same player when/if he gets back to full fitness? 

Agree too about Mick Mcarthy, very passionate and honest- not many managers would have admitted that their team had been outplayed and deserved nothing, like he did last season.

As for Saturday''s result, clearly the pressure is on Wolves far more and that will suit Norwich.  I guess Tuesday night''s results will give an indication of who has momentum, although Jamie Cureton''s had a couple of quiet matches and he''s due a goal.  I''d be happy with a draw. 

[quote user="ob1"]Going to Wolves has to be the most unpleasent experience I''ve had supporting City away. Your fans are scum.[/quote]

what happend? usually our fans are ok, but we do have one or two mindless yobs who think they are in green street. dont think that stupidty of these fans are the same as us all

murray bounced back one i.e last year after 2yrs out, he just needs be fit, if in prem he eng number 2 easy if with biggish side

we8wba how about a bet? if city win you stop clogging up our message boards with your opinions and you go and worry about wolves? what do ya say?

[quote user="baldyboy"]we8wba how about a bet? if city win you stop clogging up our message boards with your opinions and you go and worry about wolves? what do ya say?[/quote]

Steady on, he''s alright. Might not be saying that next week if we get stuffed on Saturday, mind you. [:)]  

Have to agree, been threatened every time I have been (five or so) and I am female.

Knife at throat, verbal abuse, pushing and coin throwing. Seen oldies and kids beaten up trying to get on coaches.

Never, ever again. This was wearing NO colours, and come on a woman with kids is hardly going to start anything or cause concern for anyone is she?

gazza isnt the only one to have had a bad time at Molineux.... i have never been but my friends have and can recount similar stories....

Our (no defunt) Fanzine Yarmy reported a story of how the kids on the junior canary coach were all threatened and how the coach woud of been damaged by the Wolves fans if 1 or 2 of Norwichs more "opinionated" fans hadnt of seen them off...

I hate Wolves and as far as im concerned it is the Majority of fans trying to bring the club down... they are all scum bags and i hope we go there and thrash them.

jas :)

Molineux is the least friendly away trip EVERY season. We also hardly ever win there. I have been there over half a dozen times and only ever seen defeats. Even the play off was a defeat even though it was a win overall [:D] My first ever away game was Old Molineux and we lost that 5-1!

None of this is we8wba''s fault though. So maybe he is part of a new breed of Black Country natives who will welcome us with open arms and not mind at all if I see my first ever Norwich win there.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="ob1"]Going to Wolves has to be the most unpleasent experience I''ve had supporting City away. Your fans are scum.[/quote]

what happend? usually our fans are ok, but we do have one or two mindless yobs who think they are in green street. dont think that stupidty of these fans are the same as us all

murray bounced back one i.e last year after 2yrs out, he just needs be fit, if in prem he eng number 2 easy if with biggish side

[/quote]

You may well be a docile supporter, we8wba, and it''s good to get a different viewpoint from other club''s fans on here sometimes but you really must be wearing blinkers if you think you only have any club''s normal quota of '' one or two mindless yobs ''.

From my experience on several occasions Molineux is probably the most hostile ground I''ve ever visited, apart from Millwall''s old Den back in the 70''s. Is it because people nationally think of Wolverhampton as a suburb of Birmingham and this in turn makes the locals see themselves as a '' big-City '' club ? The behaviour of your fans seems so '' out of kilter '' with the rest of football that I''m puzzled as to the reasons for it.

Apart from the obvious '' special  '' treatment reserved for the likes of WBA and the two Birmingham clubs I fail to see what makes a very sizeable minority of Woves fans so aggressive. Are you the same when Ipswich roll into town ? I can''t be certain but would hazard a guess that not many away fans -  those with no '' history '' between the clubs - come away from Molineux feeling as though they''ve enjoyed the day out, even if they win. It seems nigh on impossible to drink safely near the ground and  negotiating that infamous underpass into the town centre without fear of assault just never happens.

It seems to me that Wolves fans don''t abide by any '' code of honour '' but will indiscriminately attack anyone, young, old or infirm. Your Play Off Semi Final defeat against us in 2002 is perhaps not a good example as the stakes were so high and you had  years of frustrating '' nearly '' seasons but the goings-on after the 2nd Leg were truly horrible. Only Millwall''s rampage the following evening surpassed it but they did lose to a last minute goal having been level after the 1st Leg, whereas your task was that much harder.

I''d be interested on your thoughts on this. I''m expecting you to paint a fairly rosy picture - as most will of their own fans - but I think you''ll find this isn''t a picture of Wolves shared by the supporters of other clubs. 

fair enough, i cant comment on these scenes as i exit the on opposite side from coaches etc... iv never seen trouble except from cardiff two yrs ago,

every club has their mindless yobs, and wolves have made big clamp down ejected fans out and banning them perminantly, i think every ground you''ll find the odd chav who wants a fight. it sounds daft but your prob safer driving up to wolves as closer you get to town centre more violence, where i park 5mins away home n away fans mix and there is never any damage, not even to cars etc..

but i understand norwich - wolves is long journey!

as for the bet, i will take it on, if norwich beat us i will go after leaving for pre match thoughts, now whats on offer if wolves win then? or otherwise is a no win for me! except from the easy 3pts ;-p i wish

baldyboy what a stupid idea, we8wba is a good addition to this board whether a wolves fan or not, he comments usually on Norwich City and helps adds a reasoned debate from a different perspective, trying to get him to sod off is a stupid idea, its nice to have fans of other clubs here discussing the championship, norwich and on occasion their own club.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Not for us it''s not! I remember chatting to a friendly Wolves fan at Molineux last season who said the same thing. For us away fans Wolves is one of the easier shorter trips.

Now am I going to see my first win at Molineux on Saturday?

[quote user="baldyboy"]

we8wba how about a bet? if city win you stop clogging up our message boards with your opinions and you go and worry about wolves? what do ya say?

[/quote]

This is a local forum for local people!!

Seriously, do you ever wonder why Norfolk people are viewed as insular and parochial by the rest of the country?

[quote user="we8wba"]

who is coming to the home of footie then? whats your predictions?

if you play half decent you at least get 1pt, we are terrible at the moment, out played sheffutd 45mins then not one sod done well 2nd half! n plus we dont shoot so you in no danger

i reckon you could quite easily take 1pt off us and maybe all 3 if you play right! saying that wolves are due a good performance n when it comes its going to be thrashing for someone when it all clicks together just to pre warn you

see that coming tues vs hull at home instead

but just wondered your thoughts? and how many you bringing up to ours

[/quote]

on the way norwich r playin this season a 0-0 draw sounds a safe bet

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Not for us it''s not! I remember chatting to a friendly Wolves fan at Molineux last season who said the same thing. For us away fans Wolves is one of the easier shorter trips.

Now am I going to see my first win at Molineux on Saturday?

[/quote]

god must suck if got team in the north lol, you n plymouth prob our furthest lol my mate who sunderland fan always moaned as theyre nearest game was leeds n preston last season lol

are you driving up saturday? best place to park is around west park, bout 5-10mins walk depending how early you get to wolverhampton, and its free parking which always a brucey bonus

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

You may well be a docile supporter, we8wba, and it''s good to get a different viewpoint from other club''s fans on here sometimes but you really must be wearing blinkers if you think you only have any club''s normal quota of '' one or two mindless yobs ''.

From my experience on several occasions Molineux is probably the most hostile ground I''ve ever visited, apart from Millwall''s old Den back in the 70''s. Is it because people nationally think of Wolverhampton as a suburb of Birmingham and this in turn makes the locals see themselves as a '' big-City '' club ? The behaviour of your fans seems so '' out of kilter '' with the rest of football that I''m puzzled as to the reasons for it.

Apart from the obvious '' special  '' treatment reserved for the likes of WBA and the two Birmingham clubs I fail to see what makes a very sizeable minority of Woves fans so aggressive. Are you the same when Ipswich roll into town ? I can''t be certain but would hazard a guess that not many away fans -  those with no '' history '' between the clubs - come away from Molineux feeling as though they''ve enjoyed the day out, even if they win. It seems nigh on impossible to drink safely near the ground and  negotiating that infamous underpass into the town centre without fear of assault just never happens.

It seems to me that Wolves fans don''t abide by any '' code of honour '' but will indiscriminately attack anyone, young, old or infirm. Your Play Off Semi Final defeat against us in 2002 is perhaps not a good example as the stakes were so high and you had  years of frustrating '' nearly '' seasons but the goings-on after the 2nd Leg were truly horrible. Only Millwall''s rampage the following evening surpassed it but they did lose to a last minute goal having been level after the 1st Leg, whereas your task was that much harder.

I''d be interested on your thoughts on this. I''m expecting you to paint a fairly rosy picture - as most will of their own fans - but I think you''ll find this isn''t a picture of Wolves shared by the supporters of other clubs. 

[/quote]

I''m beginning to regret buying tickets now. Let''s hope i find somewhere to park without having to ask anyone and betray my allegiance.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m beginning to regret buying tickets now. Let''s hope i find somewhere to park without having to ask anyone and betray my allegiance.

[/quote]

yes, even i feel unsafe going under the famous subway by us which is the direct path from town centre/train

so i understand your post greatly, with the regards to person parking, head to west park, 5-10mins walk, its free, families park there so its not like your walking 5-10mins with 6ft balding wrestlers and your see the odd one or two carnary supporter!

on the match last night we was terrible n if we play like that you''ll thrash us, my only hope is i cant see us losing twice at home, n we cant get any worse!

that jay jay ockacha is different gravy, he got standing avation of us, he completly skinned us

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Fillet Hope you will be okay, there is a car park near the ground, but you will have to get there early (there is an Asda behind the ground for refreshments, I have never been brave enough to go to any pubs in the area, you might be okay though. The roads are busy, so if you are not quick on your feet you will have to use the underpass (gulp). I only hope they are calmer now than on my visits. My advice would be don''t wear obvious colours, don''t celebrate a win outside the ground - (I know, there''s always a chance!) and don''t rely on police or stewards to intervene, they might not!! Just be careful and take all stickers and NCFC stuff out of car if it''s visible. Good luck.

we8wba

I am sorry we have lots of negative feedback for you as you seem a reasonable enough person. Although I have had some really awful experiences at your ground I don''t hold any of this against yourself and hope you will continue to use this messageboard as it''s pretty insular - other supporters should come on here and swop stories, opinions etc.

I do hope what you are saying is happening and that Molineux is a safer place to visit. I have to say I have been to your rival''s ground many times and never had a problem there, very friendly bunch. Also Walsall, they were one of the most hospitable sets of fans I have encountered, but as someone else said, the city of Birmingham itself isn''t pleasant. Brum are hostile as well. Can''t understand it really, why us? We can understand local rivalry, but the midlands and East Angia?

yea plenty parking spaces at wolves as mentioned get theyre early  i would park stadium opposite side of town centre, your based on side of pitch which helps you away from the subway which located at back of the south bank (behind goal where i sit) you can where colours, but i wouldnt sort of shout really loud after if you win specially way we''re playing! and i wouldnt have your care full of ncfc items i think airfreshners etc.. would be ok but i mean flags n stickers n shirts in boot window etc..

i would like to know your thoughts on sat next week... i also think atmosphere be poor unless we get early goal as there will lot of moaning with the poor standards we watchn lately so dont expect to much lol! this game needs early goal either way to brighten up the match even if its for you

[quote user="we8wba"]

yea plenty parking spaces at wolves as mentioned get theyre early  i would park stadium opposite side of town centre, your based on side of pitch which helps you away from the subway which located at back of the south bank (behind goal where i sit) you can where colours, but i wouldnt sort of shout really loud after if you win specially way we''re playing! and i wouldnt have your care full of ncfc items i think airfreshners etc.. would be ok but i mean flags n stickers n shirts in boot window etc..

i would like to know your thoughts on sat next week... i also think atmosphere be poor unless we get early goal as there will lot of moaning with the poor standards we watchn lately so dont expect to much lol! this game needs early goal either way to brighten up the match even if its for you

[/quote]

Hey Mr W8WBA, I am now going to make you an honorary Canary. Your post rate is most impressive. Are u going to make the Carrow Road encounter?

Your reasonable debate has certainly made me realise that I was very judgemental about the Wolves fans. I feel bad about that.

Good luck for the season dude