Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Different season-same old Norwich!

Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help!

Evidently you did not go to the game as all three of the players you mentioned were utter rubbish for Cardiff.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help![/quote]

PGs biggest regret will be not getting the defender we so obviously need. Both Cardiffs goals were simple crosses/passes that should''ve been dealt with so easily by the defense. Can we still loan players?

The annoying part is the performance overall was excellent, apart from one or two small lapses perhaps.

Fowler was rubbish and got taken off before an hour had gone. Hasselbaink didn''t do a whole lot more. I''m still glad that we didn''t go in for either of them. They''ll take a shed load of money out of Cardiff via the wage bill but won''t give a whole lot back in return.

It was poor defending that cost us today - yet again. That is what Grant needs to sort out and quickly. Dion had a good game again today, but he won''t play every week and Doherty and Shackell aren''t doing the business. Even now that we can only get in loan signings until January, we need to move quickly to get a centre-back. Have we gone cold on O''Dea? We were linked with him a couple of weeks ago. He''d be a decent one to bring in.

[quote user="JC"]

Evidently you did not go to the game as all three of the players you mentioned were utter rubbish for Cardiff.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help![/quote]

[/quote]

Evidently you didnt read my post. I said people have said they are all past it. Please read again.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help![/quote]All three of the so called players were rubbish,but any eleven players from a sunday league team would have beaten norwch today in the second half,grant is clueless and has got to go.Why was hucks not put on as soon as cardiff got back in the game alittle,It was obvious after 55 mins that grants half time talk had * it up again,what ever does he say to them.If he had brough hucks on then we could have taken the game back to cardiff and finished them off.All i can sayis cardiff are a very poor team and norwich under grant are worse

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

even worse than i thought then, Cardiff beat us with 8 men, they could afford 3 playing rubbish and still turn us over, says hell of alot about us dont it.

Fowler and JFH haven''t got any hunger have they?

They''ve both made their millions (especially Fowler!) and played at a higher level. What have they got left to prove?

You are all missing my point about sinclair hasselbaink and fowler. read carefully. I put the point out that having them in there squad does not matter as everyone on here thinks they are past it. Does everyone understand now?

They are past it - thats why they were so ineffective.  Do try to think a little Arthur.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Evidently you didnt read my post. I said people have said they are all past it. Please read again.

[/quote]

Graham Humphrey wrote the following post at 01/09/2007 7:20 PM:

Am I the only one who thought Doherty had a decent game today (glaring miss aside)?

Yep Graham I agree as well, his marking was very suspect though

The sad thing about todays result is that Cardiff were very mediocre with a cumbersome looking defence vulnerable to pace.Up front Fowler and JFH were virtually non-existent partly due to the fact that Dion and the much maligned Docherty had them under complete control. I thought we defended reasonably well for much of the match but certainly gave away two soft goals.

The main problem with this team is the lack of skill when moving forward and the inability to create hardly any chances. Already this season in most matches we have barely tested the opposing goalkeeper. Despite a draw at Preston I believe the home side had 12 corners to our Nil. That surely is a clearcut statement of our weaknesses. After going one up early on with a gift goal, Cardiff were there for the taking and tacticly we should have attacked and sown up the game and soft goals would not have come into the equation. Compared with many teams in the Championship the manager has had a fair amount of money to purchase decent new players but so far they have failed to make any impact.

I still remain unimpressed with Grant and we desperately need a lot of improvement in the coaching staff. After playing 120 minutes at Rochdale with no apparent ill effects I cannot see any reason at all why Huckerby was not introduced a lot earlier  - indeed why did he not start ?? Brown worked very hard and was in the game all the time. Why, because he continually received chest high balls throughout the match some 10 yards outside the penalty area and then understandably most moves broke down. Sadly that appeared to be our only attacking option.

Until we are able to bring a more cutting thrust to our forward play we are going nowhere.

[quote user="JC"]

They are past it - thats why they were so ineffective.  Do try to think a little Arthur.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Please read again. You still dont get my point.

You are all missing my point about sinclair hasselbaink and fowler. read carefully. I put the point out that having them in there squad does not matter as everyone on here thinks they are past it. Does everyone understand now?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help![/quote]No matter how people want to spin this game Arthur, we still lost and its seems to me that there has been little improvement over last season, as you say same old Norwich. I am a bit fed up of the excuses now too, this is Grant''s team and currently its failing.I''d love to be wrong, but I have serious concerns that we are the same old medioca team we were last season.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Please read again. You still dont get my point.

[/quote]

No, I honestly don''t know what you are saying, please spell it out for me. In plain English. This is not facetious btw, I literally don''t understand your point.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Am I the only one who thought Doherty had a decent game today (glaring miss aside)?[/quote]Yes I thought the same as you GH the Doc played ok. It was ALL the missed chances at the other end that cost us the 3 points.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help![/quote]No matter how people want to spin this game Arthur, we still lost and its seems to me that there has been little improvement over last season, as you say same old Norwich. I am a bit fed up of the excuses now too, this is Grant''s team and currently its failing.I''d love to be wrong, but I have serious concerns that we are the same old medioca team we were last season.[/quote]does this mean that sheffield united are now a mediocre team as there on the same points and same goal difference as us, looking at the table leicster, crysal palace and charlton and west brom must all be mediocre to as seeing as theyve all lost a game to, oh no ooooooh mummy lets all write the season off just bcause we lost 2 games, yes they lost but overall norwich couldve won it but for two mistakes, so what your all saying is that grant should be sacked due to a couple of mistakes, well if thats the thinking thn everyone in the country would be unemployed bcause thats a human trait to make mistakes once in a whilebut hey i forgot everyone at norwich should be superhuman and never make a mistake

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"][quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im trying to be positive this year but god its hard. Despite a couple of dodgy displays in the 1st week we were unbeaten despite Preston and Southampton outplaying us. Now things are looking bleaker with defeats to Hull and Cardiff {games we need to win if we are to compete and even drawing with bloody Rochdale. I know its early days and teams need time to gel etc etc but the excuses get tiresome after a while. Can someone help me to see something positive to our start to the season? I cant see no difference between this lot and the last 3 seasons so far except they seem worse if anything. Someone help me restore my faith in NCFC for christ sake, this is depressing. I cant handle another mediocre season. Yes Cardiff had hasselbaink, sinclair and Fowler but when i suggested these players on this site you lot said they were all past it so whats changed. Someone help![/quote]

No matter how people want to spin this game Arthur, we still lost and its seems to me that there has been little improvement over last season, as you say same old Norwich. I am a bit fed up of the excuses now too, this is Grant''s team and currently its failing.

I''d love to be wrong, but I have serious concerns that we are the same old medioca team we were last season.
[/quote]

does this mean that sheffield united are now a mediocre team as there on the same points and same goal difference as us, looking at the table leicster, crysal palace and charlton and west brom must all be mediocre to as seeing as theyve all lost a game to, oh no ooooooh mummy lets all write the season off just bcause we lost 2 games,

yes they lost but overall norwich couldve won it but for two mistakes, so what your all saying is that grant should be sacked due to a couple of mistakes, well if thats the thinking thn everyone in the country would be unemployed bcause thats a human trait to make mistakes once in a while

but hey i forgot everyone at norwich should be superhuman and never make a mistake

[/quote] No they are not medioare teams. The difference is that they will get it right unlike NCFC who now have a long hard winter ahead of them.  

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]does this mean that sheffield united are now a mediocre team as there on the same points and same goal difference as us, looking at the table leicster, crysal palace and charlton and west brom must all be mediocre to as seeing as theyve all lost a game to, oh no ooooooh mummy lets all write the season off just bcause we lost 2 games, yes they lost but overall norwich couldve won it but for two mistakes, so what your all saying is that grant should be sacked due to a couple of mistakes, well if thats the thinking thn everyone in the country would be unemployed bcause thats a human trait to make mistakes once in a whilebut hey i forgot everyone at norwich should be superhuman and never make a mistake

[/quote]No I didn''t say Grant should be sacked, why don''t you try reading before you start slagging off. You can go on about how Norwich should have won, but we didn''t, again. In football if you want to be successful then mistakes are not acceptable, because mistakes cost you games you should have won and we should not be losing at home.You point to other teams but they are not the club I support so I don''t really care about their situation, all I can see is that we are 20th and that is simply not acceptable. However yes Sheff Utd have made the same poor start we have, it must be even more dissapointing to be them. Yes I get your point that its early days but it doesn''t exactly fill me with hope, after all doesn''t the saying go start as you mean to go on. The facts speak for themselves we are currently 20th with only 4 points out of 12. Next time you reply to my post try to be a little bit more mature about it.

Cardiff were terrible, so we hardly got "turned over" did we. We created more chances and did more play. We just missed 2 key positions. A decent CB who can play a full match without making some bad errors (im talking doherty and not dion) and a forward who can put the ball in the back of the net and actually win a header! [:O].

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]does this mean that sheffield united are now a mediocre team as there on the same points and same goal difference as us, looking at the table leicster, crysal palace and charlton and west brom must all be mediocre to as seeing as theyve all lost a game to, oh no ooooooh mummy lets all write the season off just bcause we lost 2 games, yes they lost but overall norwich couldve won it but for two mistakes, so what your all saying is that grant should be sacked due to a couple of mistakes, well if thats the thinking thn everyone in the country would be unemployed bcause thats a human trait to make mistakes once in a whilebut hey i forgot everyone at norwich should be superhuman and never make a mistake

[/quote]No I didn''t say Grant should be sacked, why don''t you try reading before you start slagging off. You can go on about how Norwich should have won, but we didn''t, again. In football if you want to be successful then mistakes are not acceptable, because mistakes cost you games you should have won and we should not be losing at home.You point to other teams but they are not the club I support so I don''t really care about their situation, all I can see is that we are 20th and that is simply not acceptable. However yes Sheff Utd have made the same poor start we have, it must be even more dissapointing to be them. Yes I get your point that its early days but it doesn''t exactly fill me with hope, after all doesn''t the saying go start as you mean to go on. The facts speak for themselves we are currently 20th with only 4 points out of 12. Next time you reply to my post try to be a little bit more mature about it.

[/quote]i wasnt aiming the bit about sacking grant at yourself, i was aiming that comment at all the other posters on here who have stated we need to sack grant because of the way weve started the season, yes we might be 20th but wat i was trying to point out was that there are teams who are favourites that arent that far above us, ie one of the teams i mentioned being 19th, now public apology, if i have offended anyone with my comment then i am deeply sorry as i dont wish to offend my fellow canary fans i only wrote those things out of frustration cos i really hope our team does well and i feel we have a team that can push for top half and i know everyones entitled to there own opinion but it gets on my nerves when people are just waiting  for things to fail just so they can say i told u so

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]i wasnt aiming the bit about sacking grant at yourself, i was aiming that comment at all the other posters on here who have stated we need to sack grant because of the way weve started the season, yes we might be 20th but wat i was trying to point out was that there are teams who are favourites that arent that far above us, ie one of the teams i mentioned being 19th, now public apology, if i have offended anyone with my comment then i am deeply sorry as i dont wish to offend my fellow canary fans i only wrote those things out of frustration cos i really hope our team does well and i feel we have a team that can push for top half and i know everyones entitled to there own opinion but it gets on my nerves when people are just waiting  for things to fail just so they can say i told u so[/quote]I, like you, have that same desire for Norwich to be succesful and I always believe that any team can achieve great success, no matter who they are and I believe that every season with Norwich.If you actually knew me as a poster, you would know that I have done nothing but defend and support the team to the hilt, but recents events have been bitterly dissapointing especially as I have defended grant, the players, the board and the rest of the club. I''m sure that you can apprieciate that when you defend and back someone/something , that it hurts alot when you are let down by it.A knee jerk reaction to these events would be to sack everything in sight, I however am not calling for any such measures. I have been merely expressing my dissapointment and unhappiness at our start to the season, which has been barely adequete. No negative post I make comes from a need to tell people "I told you so" or to attack the club, I do it because like any other city fan I am upset by recent events that point to us being no better than last season or the season before that.