Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Dave the striker

I understand that he is having his medical at the moment and should complete his signing very shortly.

Interestingly the rumour is that he will be signing on loan rather than permanently

According to reports on Dave''s current teams''s website (using words apparently from Dave himself), he was here last week (Monday/Tuesday?) for his medical (that was endless in Dave''s own words) and he expected to be back at City today to start training.

It''s  all gone a bit quiet though.

Where did you hear the rumour about it being a loan?

[quote user="The Canary"]http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1069548,00.html[/quote]

Spot the shirt number he''s wearing in the pic... 22!

...and here''s the squad list numbers from last week (below) minus 22... it''s a done deal! Awaiting confirmation but done deal in my mind.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1068295,00.html

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Interestingly the rumour is that he will be signing on loan rather than permanently

[/quote]

A four year loan seems a bit weird! Surely we''re going to sign him properly?

Just passing on the info i had from someone at colney this morning... who has so far been spot on this season;  but if its a 4 year non loan deal that sounds better to me [:D]

[quote user="Irish Canary"]

It looks like he''s here to stay for a while. He''s a long lad, could be perfect partner for JC. Striv-Ka i think its pronounced? 15+ goals from him this season would be a nice start.

OTBC

[/quote]Oh no another Irish Canary lol. Hey buddy send me a pm. Strihavka looks huge and from the goals I''ve seen  he''s going to be very powerful in the air.  

[quote user="DION is the king"]this guy is guna be poor. another chris brown on the cards i think. how much is he costing anyway???[/quote]

How do you know have you ever seen him play? Thought not. He''s has a better goal scoring record than Eastwood who most people want to see.

lol one of you Irish Canarys should really change there name or it will get confusing

[quote user="Irish Canary"]

It looks like he''s here to stay for a while. He''s a long lad, could be perfect partner for JC. Striv-Ka i think its pronounced? 15+ goals from him this season would be a nice start.

OTBC

[/quote]No its pronounced dave the striker!such a great coined name, and one that needs to become part of the carrow road mass vocabulary in the way that ''wly'' ''robbo'' or ''Disco Dale'' have in the past

[quote]

this guy is guna be poor. another chris brown on the cards i think. how much is he costing anyway???[/quote]Don''t worry Dion, you can still play in defence...

[quote user="DION is the king"]this guy is guna be poor. another chris brown on the cards i think. how much is he costing anyway???[/quote]

How did you come to the assumption he is gonna be poor. I know some people may have there doubts, but we havnt seen him play yet.

And this of course, is based on you seeing him play a lot is it?. I know I can be potty at times, but really!.[:''(]

[quote user="DION is the king"]this guy is guna be poor. another chris brown on the cards i think. how much is he costing anyway???[/quote]Ermmmmm 1 post      Binner alert.

really? have you seen him play? i would have thought 99.9% of norwich fans had never heard of him until recently but if you have some knowledge of this player please share it with us!

Hope you are a one post wonder, negativity isn''t much fun.  Lets give the guy a chance, Chris Brown too.

Whats your analysis based on big d? Were you one of the people who moaned when we originally signed Dion? Who would you have liked?

Trying to think of an analogy to sum your negativity up.....ok i have one.....u get a new girlfriend.....would you want your mates to judge her before they have met her? No i guessed not.....in the words of Take That..."have a little patience", my friend!!

I think he is costing £700-800k....not bad for the czech leagues top scorer!

Yeah right....  this guy whom I have never heard of, seen play or know anything about is going to be crap.....  [:S]  You know why...  cos I''m a norfolk boy and he is a foreigner....

pathetic

whoa steady on chaps, a tad harsh dont ya think, i mearly stated that i think, in my opinion, that he will be poor. 13 goals in 28 games in a poor league is not that great, also if he was any gd, surely watford wud of snapped him up. dont start avin a go at me either, im a season ticket holder and av attended most games in last few years. i have as much right to an opinion, and i dont think its right that u slag me off. it may be my 1st post but i only joined today so give me a chance. we''ve got more than £5m to spend and we are gambling on an unknown striker who is unproven, it doesnt seem prudent, considering the funds we have. we''ve got money to buy more established players so why dont we???

[quote user="DION is the king"] whoa steady on chaps, a tad harsh dont ya think, i mearly stated that i think, in my opinion, that he will be poor. 13 goals in 28 games in a poor league is not that great, also if he was any gd, surely watford wud of snapped him up. dont start avin a go at me either, im a season ticket holder and av attended most games in last few years. i have as much right to an opinion, and i dont think its right that u slag me off. it may be my 1st post but i only joined today so give me a chance. we''ve got more than £5m to spend and we are gambling on an unknown striker who is unproven, it doesnt seem prudent, considering the funds we have. we''ve got money to buy more established players so why dont we???[/quote]

Sorry mate didnt mean it to come across like i was having a go, i was merely asking why judge at this early stage? 1st post or 1001st post i would have asked the same Q.

Yeah we have money to spend and dont get me wrong i would love to see us spend it but if we can get a bargain then why not.We did bid for Sharp and Eastwood but they didnt want to come here. Who would you have bidded for?

Yes he is unknown but i think we have watched him for a while now, so PG,JD and BG must''ve seen something they like. I agree again that it is a poor leage but Baros,Nedved,Cech,Koller,Rosicky and Ujfalusi all started there. Ok he prob wont go on to emulate them but lets give Big Dave a go.

Anyway......welcome to the board mate

[quote user="DION is the king"] whoa steady on chaps, a tad harsh dont ya think, i mearly stated that i think, in my opinion, that he will be poor. 13 goals in 28 games in a poor league is not that great, also if he was any gd, surely watford wud of snapped him up. dont start avin a go at me either, im a season ticket holder and av attended most games in last few years. i have as much right to an opinion, and i dont think its right that u slag me off. it may be my 1st post but i only joined today so give me a chance. we''ve got more than £5m to spend and we are gambling on an unknown striker who is unproven, it doesnt seem prudent, considering the funds we have. we''ve got money to buy more established players so why dont we???[/quote]

You say the Czech league is crap what are you basing this on? do you have any knowledge of Czech football.

13 goals in 28 games is an excellent rate thats 1 in every 2 games would in the championship give him 23 goals

Just because Watford did not sign him does not make him crap, at the time they had a number of options and decided against him

I accept that he is unproven and that he could turn out to be a flop, but then he could be a star, i trust grant''s judgement and he''s not going to fork out £800,000 on him for no good reason.

How do you know we''ve got more than 5 million to spend? that is pure speculation.

To a certain degree I do concur, we should be splashing the cash a bit, but....on who? It would be stupid to let other clubs name their price just because they know we have money to spend, and that is exactly how it is now after our very public chasing of Billy Sharp, by going abroad we have got a player who has a release clause, and that does save us money. I remember being rather disheartened when we signed Iwan, and look what happened to him. He might just be the next talismatic Norwich striker, or a bit of a flop, either way, a)give him a chance and b) its not like we spent millions on him.

I for one would be happy to see some more investment in defense, a couple of loans from the Premiership and the money being spent on the right targets, not just panic buys (Earnie and his silly clause come to mind!)