Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Cureton and Hucks

For a good few years now Huckerby has carried our club on his back. He shows that love and passion of being a Norwich player that we fans all love to see. With Cureton rejoining us and his desire to do well I feel that the two of them may generate an infectious enthusiasm in the team to do well again. With a couple more good signings (which we can now afford) I think that we may be about to ride the crest of a new wave. Anyone else think this could be significant?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]For a good few years now Huckerby has carried our club on his back. He shows that love and passion of being a Norwich player that we fans all love to see. With Cureton rejoining us and his desire to do well I feel that the two of them may generate an infectious enthusiasm in the team to do well again. With a couple more good signings (which we can now afford) I think that we may be about to ride the crest of a new wave. Anyone else think this could be significant?[/quote]

Yes I agree but don''t forget Dion too. We now have at least 3 players who would shed blood for our club, lets hope their enthusiam is infectious.

Bollock$.

you will never make. Hughes, Etuhu, Colin, Shachell, Doherty, Drury and Croft good players cos a couple of guy in the team are up for it.

Haha, Dion Dublin shed blood for Norwch City? Stop kidding yourselves - he''s with your for his last pay packet and has no emotional attachment to Norwich. When he retires he''ll go back to the midlands and remember days at Villa and Coventry, he wont even look back at his days at Leicester, his boyhood club.

Let me guess - Dion is a Norwich legend? If he is, i feel sorry for you guys because it obviously doesn''t take much.

Well it doesn''t worry us Foxile, he''s chosen to play for us, not you.  Whether it''s for the money or something else, we have his services for another season, he''s proved invaluable to us. Great awareness, commitment, and an inspiration to our younger players.  Of course you will get in lots of new players who might in time become club legends with you and good luck to you and them. 

We have a returning player (Cureton), who was sold before he could become a club legend, there aren''t many players who play for club loyalty anymore, but we have at least two (Cureton and Huckerby).  Unusual in this day and age maybe. 

I think you underestimate your former player, Dion is a very likeable and sincere man who has conducted himself very well since coming to Norwich.  We are glad he''s staying another season and will wish him well when he retires.

I would seriously question you saying Colin, Shackell and Drury are not good players.  Colin however is on his way home so we will never know.  Drury had a poor season, but then who didnt?  Shackell alongside Dublin looks a different player than alongside Doherty, and I would suggest he is a ''good'' player within the championship.

Hughes is on his way to Leeds as soon as they can get him (and good riddance, so agreed), Etuhu is a nightmare, but alongside someone other than Safri may do well. Doherty, again agreed, a nightmare.  Croft?  A one trick pony who can only perform the trick when he is 100% fit - a good squad player.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Bollock$.

you will never make. Hughes, Etuhu, Colin, Shachell, Doherty, Drury and Croft good players cos a couple of guy in the team are up for it.

[/quote]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Well it doesn''t worry us Foxile, he''s chosen to play for us, not you.  Whether it''s for the money or something else, we have his services for another season, he''s proved invaluable to us. Great awareness, commitment, and an inspiration to our younger players.  Of course you will get in lots of new players who might in time become club legends with you and good luck to you and them. 

We have a returning player (Cureton), who was sold before he could become a club legend, there aren''t many players who play for club loyalty anymore, but we have at least two (Cureton and Huckerby).  Unusual in this day and age maybe. 

I think you underestimate your former player, Dion is a very likeable and sincere man who has conducted himself very well since coming to Norwich.  We are glad he''s staying another season and will wish him well when he retires.

[/quote]

I totally agree, Dion is a complete professional, the way he carries himself and hes well spoken, it sounds even better in his Leicester accent [:D] But to say he would bleed for the Norwich City cause is going a bit far.

I would hope that the more enamoured players such as Hucks and Cureton will lead from the front and try and show their enthusiasm for the club.

[quote user="foxile"]

Haha, Dion Dublin shed blood for Norwch City? Stop kidding yourselves - he''s with your for his last pay packet and has no emotional attachment to Norwich. When he retires he''ll go back to the midlands and remember days at Villa and Coventry, he wont even look back at his days at Leicester, his boyhood club.

Let me guess - Dion is a Norwich legend? If he is, i feel sorry for you guys because it obviously doesn''t take much.

[/quote]

Hey buddy, u could not be further from the truth. Dion was amazing last season for us, without him we would have gone down, and the bond between Dion and the fans was certainly reciprocated. You have a point that it doesn''t take alot for us to formulate a legend, but Dion is certainly one.

You don''t need to feel sorry for us, ur last legend was Mr Lineker in the mid eighties, maybe we should be feeling sorry for you!! Only kidding, I''ll give you Mr O''neil

[quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

Nail, hit, head.... 110% spot on FOXILE....

For once in my life I hope that Leicester have a great season next year (actually first time you were promoted in the play-off''s I found myself cheering for you) guess their is still a bit of Leicestershire in me after all.

By you finishing in the play-offs and us finishing around about 16th again all those that have doubted the Mandaric effect will wake up to themselves?

Then again as sad as some on here may find it... I will not hold my breath!!!

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

Hey buddy, u could not be further from the truth. Dion was amazing last season for us, without him we would have gone down, and the bond between Dion and the fans was certainly reciprocated. You have a point that it doesn''t take alot for us to formulate a legend, but Dion is certainly one.

You don''t need to feel sorry for us, ur last legend was Mr Lineker in the mid eighties, maybe we should be feeling sorry for you!! Only kidding, I''ll give you Mr O''neil

[/quote]

I would say that Muzzy Izzet was a bit of a legend in Leicester fans eyes surely?  Maybe Neil Lennon too prior to his move to Scotland???

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]For a good few years now Huckerby has carried our club on his back. He shows that love and passion of being a Norwich player that we fans all love to see. With Cureton rejoining us and his desire to do well I feel that the two of them may generate an infectious enthusiasm in the team to do well again. With a couple more good signings (which we can now afford) I think that we may be about to ride the crest of a new wave. Anyone else think this could be significant?[/quote]

Yes I agree but don''t forget Dion too. We now have at least 3 players who would shed blood for our club, lets hope their enthusiam is infectious.

[/quote]

Get real. Why do everyone on this site live in cloud cuckoo land with there rose tinted glasses?Not one player these days play for club loyalty, the last to do that was matt le tissie at soton.Some people have really started to scrape the bottom of the barrel now when trying to find something positve in ending the season in 16th and then selling the player that kept us up!! I think its honurable and loyal of you to see it like this but not very realistic..sorry.

[quote user="Smudger"]

By you finishing in the play-offs and us finishing around about 16th again all those that have doubted the Mandaric effect will wake up to themselves?

[/quote]

Posting in large font doesn''t make your point any more valid. Please don''t resort to stupid childishness like this.

Our last legend in the mid 80''s? Couldnt be further from the truth. Where do i start.

Steve Walsh - 14 years for the club and is Mr. Leicester City, best moment was probably scoring two goals in the 94 play-off final to beat Derby.

Steve Claridge - Just two years with the club but scored some crucial goals, the winner in the 96 Play-Off final and also the winner in the League Cup final 97

Matt Elliott - Part of a decent premiership side for a number of years and scored both goals in the League Cup final in 2000.

You could throw in Izzet, Lennon and possibly Taggart and Cottee.

To say we havnt had any legends since Lineker is laughable as we have had relative success between 1996 and 2001, winning two trophies.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Get real. Why do everyone on this site live in cloud cuckoo land with there rose tinted glasses?Not one player these days play for club loyalty, the last to do that was matt le tissie at soton.Some people have really started to scrape the bottom of the barrel now when trying to find something positve in ending the season in 16th and then selling the player that kept us up!! I think its honurable and loyal of you to see it like this but not very realistic..sorry.

[/quote]

Agreed, it makes me cringe to see so many Norwich fans getting all giddy over the fact that we have a 38 year old leading the line, and having to do so at the front and the back. Face it, our team is awful and the fact people voted for DD as 2nd in Player of the Year shows this.

Alex, he''s 38, but so what? He was immense last season & was rightly so voted 2nd in player of the year. There''s nothing cringe worthy about it, DD is awesome! Hucks will retire in a year at 32, Sheringham is still playing at 41. Everyone is different so age doesn''t necissarily come in to it. 

But WAS he awesome? Look at the facts - we finished 16th and spent the whole of the second half of the season in the bottom half of the table.

Does that satisfy you?

Clearly it does!!

No, a 16th place finish doesn''t satisfy me & a lot of players under performed. However, Dion didn''t! He was one of the very few shining lights last year. The fact he performed consistantly when a lot of others didn''t speaks volumes IMHO.

I am not sure how much quality Jamie and Hucks can provide to us together because they had not played together yet, but surely commitment will be there, also played his heart for the fans and the club will be there; also both guys were quick, we may have the pacey front line again after Eadie! ;-)

[quote user="foxile"]

Our last legend in the mid 80''s? Couldnt be further from the truth. Where do i start.

Steve Walsh - 14 years for the club and is Mr. Leicester City, best moment was probably scoring two goals in the 94 play-off final to beat Derby.

[/quote]

Steve Walsh - now there''s a real Carrow Road legend!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Some people have really started to scrape the bottom of the barrel now when trying to find something positve in ending the season in 16th and then selling the player that kept us up!! [/quote]

Did you somehow miss the 2nd half of last season? earnshaw was injured so to credit him with keeping us up is a bit strange.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see. Do the words ''Darren'' and ''Huckerby'' not mean anything to you then Arthur? He could''ve left us ages ago if he really wanted to, but he hasn''t.

He is still here, unlike one or two.

Now that''s what I call loyalty.

... I will not hold my breath!!!

Oh, go on.   For about 3 days would be good....