Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

How long should be give it?

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]At the risk of creating yet more doom and gloom, how long should we give it before the lack of new signings starts to worry us?[/quote]

I''m worried now! The quality is being signed up by others and again there will only be free''s and kick outs left for us, unless that''s all we are really looking for?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

What ''quality'' has so far been signed then?  and by who?  at what price?  would they have been realistic targets for us anyway?

Just thought I''d ask!

To answer the original post, I wouldn''t start to worry until the last week in July really - if we still haven''t signed anyone by then, we really ARE in trouble.

Varney has been signed by Charlton., along with Iwelumo. 

Halford''s gone from Reading to Sunderland for £3.5m. 

errm thats about it on the quality - unless we were supposed to be going for Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Sidwell or Pizzaro.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Exactly my point - and apparently we were in for Varney.  I wouldn''t have wanted Iwelumo, and 3.5m is over the odds for Halford, IMHO.[/quote]

Think that Iwelumo would of been a fantastic signing for us on a FREE but hey ho we would rather throw £350k away on the useless Chris Brown wouldn''t we???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Exactly my point - and apparently we were in for Varney.  I wouldn''t have wanted Iwelumo, and 3.5m is over the odds for Halford, IMHO.[/quote]

Think that Iwelumo would of been a fantastic signing for us on a FREE but hey ho we would rather throw £350k away on the useless Chris Brown wouldn''t we???

[/quote]

Really?  If we had signed Iwelumo on a free, I can just imagine the comments on this board........lack of ambition?  Second rate striker? etc etc.  And you, my dear Smudger, would probably have been right at the front of that particular queue.......

I''m very concerned now!.

Not only that, McGrant seems to be only looking North of the border for new players. If this useless fool of a manager is allowed to pursue this end.........we''ll be relegated for sure!.

Meanwhile, Billy Jones has just signed for Preston.

We''re going down.[:(]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I''d love to know what your base your opinion of brown on as he''s hardly played for us yet due to injury.

Also when we bought brown Iwelumo wasn''t available on a free was he? Are the club supposed to be able to see into the future now?

Having said that I would of liked to have seen Iwelumo here, would be interesting to know if we had any contact with him. He went to Charlton though, a club who will be a bigger draw than us in the division this year i''m sad to say.

Mid July remember a lot of players are on holiday and pre season training doesn''t start until the end of June.  I would expect a flurry of activity at the end of June to early July.  I would hope that by the start of August the squad will be complete.

People snap judging Chris Brown is a really big pet peeve of mine. He''s had four games for us, and looks a hard worker. I still think he offers this club far, far more than Peter Thorne ever did and think the fans should give him a chance.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

But we already had Brown didn''t we? Plus you wouldn''t have seen Brown play in his 4 games so how can you pass judgement on him?

No, I don''t think that is it.................. I would be very happy if we had already announced the signings of Neil Lennon and Billy Jones, both free and both would have been great signings for us. Lennon would have been the leader we so desperately need and Jones is full of promise. I would have thought we would have been in a good position to sign both of these too, Grant''s obvious Celtic connections and we have dealt with Crewe a couple of times.

On a seperate issue, if Otsemobor has definitely agreed to sign for us I don''t understand why we can''t announce it. He may be under contract until July 1st but that doesn''t stop us showing that we have ambition and the intention of building the squad to make a challenge next season.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Mid July remember a lot of players are on holiday and pre season training doesn''t start until the end of June.  I would expect a flurry of activity at the end of June to early July.  I would hope that by the start of August the squad will be complete.[/quote]

no one in football is ever "on Holiday" jim.. Mobile Phones, Agents etc.. if a deal is to bne done and a plyer is set to receive more money they magically re-appear from holiday

jas :)

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

On a seperate issue, if Otsemobor has definitely agreed to sign for us I don''t understand why we can''t announce it. He may be under contract until July 1st but that doesn''t stop us showing that we have ambition and the intention of building the squad to make a challenge next season.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Maybe they are saving the announcement for a "Bad News Day" [^o)]

Did I just type that??

I think I''m turning into Mystic [*-)] [;)] [:)]

At last they are listening to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

.On a seperate issue, if Otsemobor has definitely agreed to sign for us I don''t understand why we can''t announce it. He may be under contract until July 1st but that doesn''t stop us showing that we have ambition and the intention of building the squad to make a challenge next season.

Mark .Y. [/quote]

Guess you talked this up!!

[quote user="Wings"]

People snap judging Chris Brown is a really big pet peeve of mine. He''s had four games for us, and looks a hard worker. I still think he offers this club far, far more than Peter Thorne ever did and think the fans should give him a chance.

[/quote]

I don''t think I''ll ask you to draft my CV, Wings.

[:S]

OTBC