Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Hucks for england!

having read Darrens comments today i think we should chant this game in, game out! he isnt too old for a cap (remember Chris Powell?) and can do a far better job than some of the donkeys that have been played on the left in recent years...

He could do a job vs Russia, Croatia and Isreal no problems! and with McLarens job on the line surely he should take a punt?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

having read Darrens comments today i think we should chant this game in, game out! he isnt too old for a cap (remember Chris Powell?) and can do a far better job than some of the donkeys that have been played on the left in recent years...

He could do a job vs Russia, Croatia and Isreal no problems! and with McLarens job on the line surely he should take a punt?

[/quote]I agree, the pride of representing your country has completely gone. Nugent is not internationaly class! he maybe one day, but not now! Huckerby would be able to do a job in international football

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Nice sentiment, Jas, but no. As Huckerby says in the article his chance came and went several years ago when he was playing Premiership football week in week out.

For a 30 year old Championship player this sort of thing just doesn''t happen..........

never gonna happen, as he is one of the least adventurous (rubbish) managers there are!

i mean come on, what does matty taylor have to do to get an england call?

but jas i agree england have limited pace a lot of the time, and i would take hucks!!  but this is the same england manager who wants to play phil neville at left back!!  (taylor, barry, even warnock at blackburn, would do a much better job!!).

Can you imagine the media reaction?! McLaren would be lynched... (apart from in Norfolk of course)

It isn''t going to happen, Jas, but I would have to agree with you that he could definitely do a job for the national team and his attitude is a thousand times better than half of the wasters in the current England squad (in fact there are some more candidates for Room 101).

If you pick players in form who could play naturally on the left then why not Hucks, his pace would scare Andorra or Israel surely?!

Guess it''ll never happen though, poor Hucks, Englands loss is our gain!

OTBC

Age ?  

Beckham  32

Gary neville 32

Phil Neville   30

Lampard 29

Carragher  29

Don`t think its Hucks age  thats the problem !    its the mindset  of the FA , and  the feedback that  the  particular England manager got  from Hucks managers  ,   strachan  ( eejit )   almost certainly  informed  him that Hucks could not be  cubby holed , a maverick  that worried his button down mind .....   a player who did things he never could get to grips with ! 

Number two prat was keegan ,  ANOTHER eejit  that never could  work out Hucks  , you can bet your arse that he thumbed  him down  !   this " genious "  nearly bankrupted Mancity  , then scarpered ( his usual routine )  when the sh*t hit the fan ......

McClaren ?   a typical FA product ,  a yesman , an establishments  bum sucker ,  a notebook  worshipper   .... England should tremble  !!       if Grant put forward  a glowing  reference  to this  " manager "  , would he listen ?   don`t hold your breath  , he`s not fit to  be mentioned  in  the same breath as a certain Brian Clough  !   another  maverick that the FA  were scared sh*tless of !

[quote user="sheded"]

Age ?  

Beckham  32

Gary neville 32

Phil Neville   30

Lampard 29

Carragher  29

Don`t think its Hucks age  thats the problem !    its the mindset  of the FA , and  the feedback that  the  particular England manager got  from Hucks managers  ,   strachan  ( eejit )   almost certainly  informed  him that Hucks could not be  cubby holed , a maverick  that worried his button down mind .....   a player who did things he never could get to grips with ! 

Number two prat was keegan ,  ANOTHER eejit  that never could  work out Hucks  , you can bet your arse that he thumbed  him down  !   this " genious "  nearly bankrupted Mancity  , then scarpered ( his usual routine )  when the sh*t hit the fan ......

McClaren ?   a typical FA product ,  a yesman , an establishments  bum sucker ,  a notebook  worshipper   .... England should tremble  !!       if Grant put forward  a glowing  reference  to this  " manager "  , would he listen ?   don`t hold your breath  , he`s not fit to  be mentioned  in  the same breath as a certain Brian Clough  !   another  maverick that the FA  were scared sh*tless of !

[/quote]

You seem a little tense ??!!??

He could probably do a job for England.  I think the saddest thing though is that he could be scoring a hat-rick every game for City and no-one at England Level would care.  However if he was on the Man Utd subs bench playing 20 minutes of football a month he would probably get a call from Mclaren.

This is a good thread and one that highlights the problems England have.  Time was when to get picked for England you had to have shown good form over a reasonable length of time (with the exception of supremely talented players like Duncan Edwards etc).  In modern football, you don''t even need to be a regular at your club side as long as you play for one of the "Big 4".  In fact you don''t even ever have to played for your club in 5 months to get a call up to a World Cup squad!!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Yeah, let''s remind Hucks that he never was, and never will be, selected for England. Great idea.

[/quote]

Yeah, I bet he will be gutted if he reads this.  Imagine fans praising their own players and saying he is good enough for International football.  It will be a real kick in the teeth for him to read we all think so highly of him!

Surely this is half reason he loves it so much here, give me strength..... 

CambridgeCanary
United in our love for C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`m as cool  as a polar bear  on a iceberg !   tell it like it is   I say   [:P]

[quote user="sheded"]

CambridgeCanary
United in our love for C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`m as cool  as a polar bear  on a iceberg !   tell it like it is   I say   [:P]

[/quote]

shededs sitting on a glacier mint! :o

To late, wrong club and wrong league. Under a manager like Brian Clough he would have got into the team but that is why we never win anything. We don''t have the right national manager who will select the best player irrespective of their the club or league that they play in.

Huckerby for England

What a complete pile of absolute crap yesterday. The England team on the whole are a bumch of overpaid, big headed pri-madonnas who have no pride or passion. Get Hucks in there, lets be honest teams like Izrael, andorra, macedonia and estonia have players that are no better than championship quality.

I know it aint going to happen, but we have no goalscoring player in the huckerby mould, and he would certainly show more pride, passion and commitment than the likes of Rooney, Lampoard, Gerrard, Ferdinand. Lennons not a left winger, and Downing isnt that great.

Lets get chanting it at Carrow Road!!!

"He cares more than Rooney,

His name is Huckerby"

In fairness, Huckerby ISN''T really a left winger... Certainly not a NATURAL left winger. He''s proven that. If he was one then I think there''d be some grounds for a call up.At best, he''d come in and do a Trevor Sinclair. Have a few good games out of position, but then eventually show that he''s out of his depth against the big teams. To be honest, I''m not sure Hucks could do a useful job for England right now... He''s a great player no doubt, but he''s not the player that England are missing right now.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

He could probably do a job for England.  I think the saddest thing though is that he could be scoring a hat-rick every game for City and no-one at England Level would care.  However if he was on the Man Utd subs bench playing 20 minutes of football a month he would probably get a call from Mclaren.

This is a good thread and one that highlights the problems England have.  Time was when to get picked for England you had to have shown good form over a reasonable length of time (with the exception of supremely talented players like Duncan Edwards etc).  In modern football, you don''t even need to be a regular at your club side as long as you play for one of the "Big 4".  In fact you don''t even ever have to played for your club in 5 months to get a call up to a World Cup squad!!

[/quote]

too right, As Martin O''Neil said, if Gareth Barry played for Man United he would have played left back Saturday...  And is he any worse than Perennial England Sh****r Phil Neville...  I doubt it...

Carragher at left back - yeah thats a good idea.....  And lets have a right winger at left wing too!!  Yeah!!!  I''m really getting into this management lark..  All Nigel Mcclaren needs do now is put strikers at right wing and Left Backs in midfield..  repeatedly!!

J''loyd Samuel always looks good at left back, dont think he has played internationally for anyone else.. surely England could call him up..

and for a bit of passion in the middle is it too much to call up Steve Harper or Steven Sidwell? just because they play for Reading dopesnt mean they are bad players.. i rate Harper and think he could cause all sorts of problems