Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea Match Thread

Chelsea: Cech, Geremi, Boulahrouz, Terry, Ferreira, Diarra, Mikel, Lampard, Robben, Wright-Phillips, Drogba.
Subs: Hilario, Essien, Shevchenko, Bridge, Kalou.

Norwich: Marshall, Hughes, Shackell, Dublin, Drury, Croft, Safri, Etuhu, Lappin, Huckerby, Brown.
Subs: Gallacher, Fotheringham, Colin, Doherty, Martin.

Anyone know why one of our best players this season in Colin has been dropped to the bench in favour of Andy Bloody Hughes?

Cheers Pete... some surprising choices in there, I guess Grant is reluctant to change a "winning side"... Colin must be carrying a knock, I don''t understand how Hooze would get in there otherwise.  The bench looks strong, though, which is the first time in ages we''ve been able to say that... there are actually players on it who could change the game - Fozzy, Martin.

Disappointed at the selection, slightly, but still excited!

Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!

That''s just about the team I expected Grant to go with. Except Hughes at right back (please play well, please play well). Personally I''d have gone with young Martin up front. Fearless youngsters are always an assett in big games.Have to admit, I am genuinely nervous about this match. Please do us proud today lads!

[quote user="king of latvia"]

marshall off  twisted knee or ankle.

[/quote]

Lets hope theres a twist in the tale and Gallagher becomes an FA Cup hero!.

Etuhu''s decided he wants to play this game, he''s doing well and has twice outmuscled Drogba...Shame about Marshall, just our luck! Brown looks good, and it looks overall like we''re up for this game and are not letting Chelsea get all over us... that''s all we can ask for, really!

Hit the post and missed the open goal on the rebound.

Anyone else watching it on the net?

Etuhu hits the post with a screamer and Croft should of scored with the follow up!. So we''ve had a chance, so frustrating we''ve not taken advantage of it!

But Croft did everything he could, if you watch it the ball was going into the bottom corner before Bouhouulaaroooooooz cleared it... just unlucky, really!

we are really looking up for this.  working hard.  yep Fox coverage is spot on.   COME ON CITY!!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]But Croft did everything he could, if you watch it the ball was going into the bottom corner before Bouhouulaaroooooooz cleared it... just unlucky, really!
[/quote]

They made it sound on 5 Live like he missed a complete open goal!. Typical of Etuhu to start off this game well, he''ll be getting signed by Wigan next...

The shocker of this is is that we could easily be 1-0 up, something not many would of predicted. The money I would of paid to see Mark Lawrenson''s face on MOTD later....

Mourinho''s not happy at all by the sounds of things.

Unlucky the boys in yellow.  Etuhu doing well, Brown doing well, Hughes looks a good selection by Grant and was unlucky with goal.

Hard to see a big result but at least so far it is a good performance.

[quote user="GJD"]

Anyone else watching it on the net?

[/quote]Yup, and we look good. So how come we struggle against Southend? We need to get the ball to Huckerby.

Proud of that first half performance. We are looking great on Fox through the web. Great saves by Gallagher, superb challenge by Hughes at the end of the half.

Shame we can''t havn''t got Huckerby in the game much yet though.

Chelsea havent been any better than us!

Im confident we can turn this round in the 2nd half and draw.. or even better!

Croft should of smacked that effort as hard as he could!

Come on city! an eary goal in  the 2nd half and we will win this!

jas :)

Yeah the Fox coverage is doing the business. Commentary is okay, also. I think we have put up a good fight so far. Etuhu and Safri have been great , i m o, broken up most of Chelsea''s attacks. If anything I think we are a little unlucky to be one down at this point. Although I do fear for the second half when legs start to tire.