Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Preston v Norwich match thread

I have always been Pro Peter Grant and given him the benefit of the doubt and I do still believe he will do good in the future but I am soooooo angry right now.I have no experience of being a football manager (well except FM2007) but  WHY start with doherty in midfield when the last time you tried it we lost 5-0 (my money is on a repeat tonight). Ok its 0-0 and then DD goes off injured, here''s the chance to play 11 players all in their natural positions....Gall,Colin,Doc,Shax,Drury, Corft, Fothers, Hughes,Lappin, Brown. Martin but instead in his all mighty wisdom he seems to think that if he brings Peter (2 goals in 2 seasons) Thorne on he will get us a win tonight....So that forces lappin to CM, Martin to LW (poor kid) and you have a CM at RB and Thorne and Brown up front = No Pace, No Goals in the league from either. I have lost all interest in this game tonight but im so frustrated that us lot sitting at home can see the obvious but someone who is paid thousands of pounds a week cannot.   I NEED A DRINK !!!

This could be a long night.

I am surprised at Granty playing Docherty in midfield. Shades of Stoke thrashing.

It needs Colin on and Hughes to right mid field otherwise I can see 4 or 5 against us tonight and goal difference is worth a point.

Pray for a miracle.

BAD BAD management again PG !

Doc in midfield .. it''s a joke.

Martin plays well up front and has to go left in midfield because Thorne comes on ....

McVeigh and Eagle on the bench ... to fill in midfield ...

Well we have 11 FIT players on the field now ... including 2 new midfielders ... and they have to produce now ... come on !!!!

I thought Fozzy and Lappin were midfielders. stick them in the middle!

id go 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 now

with Lappin as the defensive midfielder, Croft and Fozzy as the middle 2 and Martin behind the top 2. its narrow so the full backs need to do a lot of running!

Faling that id of put Hughes in the middle and bought colin on for dion and kept Martin and Brown up front in a 4-4-2.. but then im just a supporter.. what would i know!?

jas :)

So the Chelsea game has robbed us of a decent keeper and indirectly (3 games in a week) led to our most influential player going off with a hamstring injury. Ah, the magic of the FA Cup...

2 goals down at HT & we''ve only conceded 2 fouls. No yellows, no reds.

What''s up, lads? What''s cooking?

Going tits up, that''s what.

C''mon lad(ie)s, get stuck in. It''s still a man''s game.

Bring it back to a draw.

OTBC

Tottaly unbalanced team now on the field and half of this team never play for use 3 weeks ago......

Must win on Saturday at least 3 players back fresh ....

Can pray not be more than 3 + at FT with PNE

absolutley shocking , docherty in midfield , why has colin been dropped , , i belive hes been are most consistent player this year ,

lappin centre midfield!!!! what a joker grant is , just when we thought we had finaly found some form , i agree we are gonna get thumped again like last time doc played in the middle !!!

and now hes substituted the substitute what a waste !!!!

Reff is already subbed at first half only chanse for positive from this game now secund reff to be inj too and we to have abondened game:P

waste of a bloody substitution! taking thorne off after 20 minutes! ok so he might not be a good player but he hasnt had any chance to get into the game has he?

Fat boy has come on for him. someone should tie a pie to the ball he will chase it all over the pitch...

Grant STILL hasnt done the obivious.

Colin on, Hughes in the middle, 4-4-2 with Brown and Coldplay up front

Doesnt this just sum  up the waste of space that Thorne is........45:01

Norwich substitution: Peter Thorne replaced by Paul McVeigh (injury).20mins is all he could manage, i willing to have a bet with anyone that in those 20mins he didnt win 1 header and touched the ball no more then 3 times.Can we not just sack him for consistent under performance ?

lol fragile Peter is inj again and we have again Colin on bench and come other already finished player for us WLY...

are Colin kill some one last 7 days or what he do it to deserve this shame?

Same old story cant see it getting any better we just aint got it !! no matter who we play

Pity to all yellow fans today that is on Preston must see this crapy selection all game and shuld be long way back.....

the only change that should have been made at the start was colin at rb , hughes in midfield

why cant grant see this , if we had got a positive result from this , we would have been on our way up the table with 3 games in hand , coventry wont be an easy game either ,last i heard they were winning against southampton.

i dont belive we are playing any better under grant than we did under worthy  yes i know grant has but results are just  not there

gallacher is not good enough

Sub Thorne taken off  and Martin upfront again I think, McVeigh on the wing.

I think??

we seem to be playing slightly better this half but still unnaceptable.. the board have had ample time in the past 2 seasons to sort this out!

Grant needs a board to match his ambitions. not the current regime im afraid to say.

Yessssssssss Shackell scores from a Foozy corner.

CMON NORWICH ,

Grant need time to see his team+new arrived players full and if then again same we can say Grant is same as Worthy but now with depleted squad is hard to say.

The only thing that is strange in Grant work is why Colin is freezed on bench these days even we have huge selection problems......