Sign in to follow this  
blacko

What are you doing this afternoon?

Normally I would be at the footy, or glued to the radio, today I think I will watch England playing Italy in the rugby, shame its not better opposition, but it will make a nice change.

I''m going to visit my 80 year old mother and end up with a sore throat because she won''t put her hearing aid in.  She refuses to use her false teeth incase she swallows them....and wears her old glasses because the new ones "don''t fit very well". There will be umpteen bottles and jars she can''t open....a "little" Tesco''s list as long as your arm.....and her video recorder will need sorting out yet again........

Having said all that.......I can''t imagine life without her...........[:)]

No Norwich to listen too

My football''s been cancelled

No Sky match, just prem plus i think so cant watch that

Miserable weather

So its

Rugby

or Soccer Saturday

It was bad enough that my girlfriend and 4 of my flatmates have all buggered off for the weekend, but then Urinal Rennie calls off the one piece of excitement I was looking forward to!I''ve briefly pondered going to see York take on the mighty Altrincham, but I''m not dressed and there''s only an hour and a half to get there! So I reckon it''ll be a case of popping into town then kicking around the flat all day... Expect many posts from me today!!

Cluck, I understand exactly where you''re coming from.  My mum is 88 and still telling me what to do!

I haven''t done the Scoop 6 for a while - more fun than the Lottery even if not much more chance of winning the jackpot.  But it''s wet outside and warm in here so the five minute walk to the bookies might not happen.  Instead I''ll torture myself by picking six nags and watching it on Channel 4 . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Cluck, I understand exactly where you''re coming from.  My mum is 88 and still telling me what to do!

I haven''t done the Scoop 6 for a while - more fun than the Lottery even if not much more chance of winning the jackpot.  But it''s wet outside and warm in here so the five minute walk to the bookies might not happen.  Instead I''ll torture myself by picking six nags and watching it on Channel 4 . . .

[/quote]

I just went out of the scoop 6! [:''(]

If I can avoid getting dragged to the shops, I''ll probably just follow the rest of the afternoon''s football on Radio Five, Sky Sports News, and the internet. I may get stuck into Football Manager 2007 at some point too - I''m playing as Norwich manager, of course. Whatever happens, I will get my fix of Saturday afternoon footy!

done the ironing and got my refs kit bag ready for my debut appointment on wednesday, getting nervous about that one.

[quote user="baldyboy"]done the ironing and got my refs kit bag ready for my debut appointment on wednesday, getting nervous about that one.[/quote]

Best of luck with the reffing.

Be consistant, authoritative and courteous. That''s all I''ve ever expected and admired with officials. Remember, you''re the boss!

I''ve seen it all from officicials. Those that try and be your best mate. Those that clearly don''t wear the trousers at home and are after some sort of power kick. Those that are totally rude and disrespectful. The funny ones: an example, we used to have this Italian ref. And his famous line at the start of one game when tossing the coin was to announce ''You winna da toss, you kikka da ball!'' Hillarious. We had one who was a native american indian. One who was in his 70''s who wore fingerless gloves and didn''t get outside the centre circle. The best one was this kid who couldn''t have been more than 17. He used to commentate during the game and tell you after a shot if he thought it was any good or not. Once, during a game, the ball was hit long down the right flank and it sailed through the air and was about to go out of play........until this 17 year old ref decided to jump up and head the ball back into play. Everyone just stopped and looked at each other because we didn''t know what to do next. He just stuck both hands in the air like it was normal and said "well, play on then!" The funniest thing about him was that he used to wear shin pads as well. What was he expecting to happen? Did he have this dream scenario where we were a player short one week and would ask him to play, only for him to score the winner in the 90th minute? I dunno.

Anyhoo, best of luck and keep it up. You are a dying breed but one that is essential to the games continuation at any level.

What one, there were 3 on the pitch.Yeh, played the full 90, didn''t do that bad. Made quite a few short simple passes, just keeping it ticking. Made a couple of tackles, not much else. Bar a 35 yard run with the ball where he eventually fell and smashed his head on someones legs.Wouldn''t be much good in the CCC next year if they went up.

[quote user="vaz_ncfc"]Went to Nottm Forest vs Northampton instead.

Wasn''t bad.
[/quote] How did Northampton play? They are my local team and are in real need of points at the moment! Didn''t help selling their leading scorer for £80k in the window! I thought they would lose by more to Forest!

Sheded?Northampton played ok. Nothing special. Had a poor first touch and their set pieces were awful, but they could have easily stolen a point, if not all 3. Final ball was average which kinda let them down too. They did knock it around well at times though and had a few chances, even hit the post.  So yeah, played alright, but wearn''t spectacular, gave a decent account of themselves.Sam Aiston for them looked absoloutly superb.

Was in London Saturday morning and was meant to be going to Luton on the way back, so instead we made a small detour and went to the Peterborough Vs. Wrexham game. Very poor 1st half apart from a brilliantly taken goal by Aaron McLean who was fantastic all game (shame he''s not Scottish). The 2nd half was completely different, with Peterborough playing some really good football. They ended up winning 3-0 with Danny Crow coming on with about 10 mins to go and crossing the ball in for a Wrexham defender to score Peterborough''s 3rd.

No Chris Llewelyn, didn''t even make the bench?