Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Premiership Years On Sky Sports 92/92 season!

Yup, exactly as the title says, was watching it this morning.

Can someone tell me the number 10 striker we had then? Seems to be physically the same as Earnshaw, perhaps the same abilities?

Im only 15, and was born in 1992.

Good times, hey?

Main strikers back then would''ve been Sutton, Ekoku and Robins - none of which were Earnie-esque in stature. Unless you''re thinking of Fox?

ruel Fox was god!

He was a winger and his skills were incredible! get a video of us from the late 80''s till 1994 and watch how good he was! his twisting and turning at villa park was excellent as he set Sutchy up for the winner in 92/93 and his runs up the wing vs southampton in the FA cup 1/4 final replay tore them asunder!

IMHO he was twice the player of Earnshaw! and how he never played for hois country is a mystery to me!

When i was a nipper i always used to try and dribble like Ruel fox.. and fall on my backside in the process!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ruel Fox was god!

He was a winger and his skills were incredible! get a video of us from the late 80''s till 1994 and watch how good he was! his twisting and turning at villa park was excellent as he set Sutchy up for the winner in 92/93 and his runs up the wing vs southampton in the FA cup 1/4 final replay tore them asunder!

IMHO he was twice the player of Earnshaw! and how he never played for hois country is a mystery to me!

When i was a nipper i always used to try and dribble like Ruel fox.. and fall on my backside in the process!

[/quote]

Same reason Sutton never did.... because he played for little Norwich and little old Blackburn...

Until England get a manager with his own mind that don''t give a monkeys who the press tell him to pick and has plenty of balls to pick a team that will do the business on the pitch regardless of where a player might ply his trade week in week out then England will continue to go out in the Quarter Finals of competitions year after year.

The one that still realy suprises me is Steve Bruce never getting a single England call up, despite all those years playing for Man Utd.

[quote user="hogesar"]

Can someone tell me the number 10 striker we had then? Seems to be physically the same as Earnshaw, perhaps the same abilities?

Good times, hey?

[/quote]I feel like such an old man hearing this! And i''m only 30. Yes, they were good times - i was about the age you are now back then. I had a bet on city to win the premiership (my dad placed it for me!) that i placed around about november at 20-1. That bet was still on right up until april when we beat the then second placed team aston villa at carrow road. The short guy you are talking of at number 10 must either have been mark robbins or ruel fox. For a real piece of nostalgia, the goal of the season that year, courtesy of one j goss, is on youtube. Just type in "jeremy goss leeds" and it''ll come up. One of THE great goals - enjoy!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ruel Fox was god!

[/quote]

Same reason Sutton never did.... because he played for little Norwich and little old Blackburn...

[/quote]

Unfortunately thats a myth Smudge.

Sutton was in an England squad and felt he should have been picked. In a fit of pique he told the England management he did not want to play for the national side. They took him at his word and he never got another chance. Nobody to blame but himself really.

hris sutton did get 1 England cap i feel...

Another great player never to play for England though... Steve Bruce.. another of lifes great mysteries! he was 10 times the defender of Binnie Butcher!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ruel Fox was god!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sutton was in an England squad and felt he should have been picked. In a fit of pique he told the England management he did not want to play for the national side. They took him at his word and he never got another chance. Nobody to blame but himself really.

[/quote]

incorrect, Sutton said he didn''t want to play for the England B team

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]Lee Lee Lee Power, Lee Lee Lee Power.... what a player he could have been. What happened to him?[/quote]

Now the Cambridge Utd chairman. He played for a further 3,452 clubs but retired in his 20''s I think (injury prone).

[quote user="Chris Meadows"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ruel Fox was god!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

incorrect, Sutton said he didn''t want to play for the England B team

[/quote]

Exactly right, and by that decision he put the Tin Hat on any chance of ever playing for the National side.

As I said "Nobody to blame but himself".

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]Lee Lee Lee Power, Lee Lee Lee Power.... what a player he could have been. What happened to him?[/quote]

He''s now the Cambridge United chairman, Jan. His footballing career was blighted by injuries.

I was in my last year of high school in the 92/93 season & had a season ticket in the Barclay lower with my mate. They were magical times & the quality of play was up there with the cream of English football. We did the double over Chelsea that season... My how time & money have changed the beautiful game! The one game that really stands out when I look back was the 1 nil home win against Villa. John Polston scored the winner to put us back at the top of the Premier League. The atmosphere that night was electric to say the least.... Unfortunately, younger fans have never experienced such times & never will!!!!

i remember Johnny P''s goal! Bosnich was in goal and saved just about everything till Polly bundled it in with  just minutes to go.

I can remember Garry Parker taking it round Gunn then somehoe contriving to miss from virtually in the goal... the luck was on our side that night.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="hogesar"]

Good times, hey?

[/quote]

I feel like such an old man hearing this! And i''m only 30. Yes, they were good times - i was about the age you are now back then. I had a bet on city to win the premiership (my dad placed it for me!) that i placed around about november at 20-1. That bet was still on right up until april when we beat the then second placed team aston villa at carrow road. The short guy you are talking of at number 10 must either have been mark robbins or ruel fox.

For a real piece of nostalgia, the goal of the season that year, courtesy of one j goss, is on youtube. Just type in "jeremy goss leeds" and it''ll come up. One of THE great goals - enjoy!
[/quote]

Sorry to correct you but the Goss goal was the following season 93-94, we drew 0-0 with Leeds in 92-93 with Mark Bowen missing a penalty, infact it was the 2nd penalty he missed that season after missing one earlier in the 4-1 defeat to Liverpool

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i remember Johnny P''s goal! Bosnich was in goal and saved just about everything till Polly bundled it in with  just minutes to go.

I can remember Garry Parker taking it round Gunn then somehoe contriving to miss from virtually in the goal... the luck was on our side that night.

[/quote]

and then was week off before Man U game again at home they was  3 up until 22 minutes and season over for us:-(

I still thing if they not signed in November Kantona we can be first champion in Premiere League ever.....

If not mistake before Kantona come around November and we played them Norwich was up 6-9 pts from United.

They won over us 1-0 Hughes or Mclear score the goal and rduced the points .......

Great season with many late wining goals most of them scored by Robins ....

Ehhh money is all now and good old English football is gone forever......

sorry for bad english but memories is so much around.....

On the ball city!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I think the financial gain from football has been so large that we''ll never see open leagues at all. The same teams will win the premiership...for the next however long years.