Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

Coventry v Colchester

Live on Sky tonight. It will be interesting to see how Leon is getting on and if he plays. Has the move made him a better/ worse player? I wonder if he is regretting the move now we have a new manager. I for one think he has taken a step backwards.

I agree I think its a big step backwards for Leon plus I can''t see Coventry finishing in the top half of the table either!

I wonder what Grant would have mad of Leon? I think he would have struggled under Grants new regime despite being a 100% effort player his attitude wouldn''t have lent itself to the team ethos.

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]Has he scored for his new club yet? Is he actually playing?[/quote]

Think hes played 3 league games for them but hasn''t scored yet.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I wonder what Grant would have mad of Leon? I think he would have struggled under Grants new regime despite being a 100% effort player his attitude wouldn''t have lent itself to the team ethos.[/quote]

Was that a Freudian slip RH? Mad would probably have been what PG would have made of him.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Was that a Freudian slip RH? Mad would probably have been what PG would have made of him.

[/quote]Careful Kathy, I got crucified by some sanctimonious git for making a similar light hearted comment.[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]Has he scored for his new club yet? Is he actually playing?[/quote]

Think hes played 3 league games for them but hasn''t scored yet.

[/quote]

i think his closest chance went out of the stadium.....

Watching Watford thou, i bet Leon could make their starting line-up, because he can show Darius Henderson how to miss better

This ''backward move'' would mean playing for a team who are about to go ahead of Norwich in the championship yes? and playing regular football.....yes thats a terrible move Leon. Don''t know what you were thinking.[:O]

He will get on the scoresheet soon enough.  Like other players who cost millions of pounds instead of 600,000.

[quote user="Matt"]

This ''backward move'' would mean playing for a team who are about to go ahead of Norwich in the championship yes? and playing regular football.....yes thats a terrible move Leon. Don''t know what you were thinking.[:O]

He will get on the scoresheet soon enough.  Like other players who cost millions of pounds instead of 600,000.

[/quote]

Mckenzie didnt move for football reasons. He needed the money. Coventry are above us its true. take another look at the end of the season and come back if its still the case. they are going nowhere - like mckenzie.

I only saw the first 30mins of the game last night, but was actually rather impressed with McKenzie. He skinned the much-lauded Greg Halford on a number of occasions and seemed to hold the ball at his feet well on his runs. The Coventry fans seemed to have taken to him too, although, as we well know, there''s still plenty of time for them to turn on him! Like most other Canaries who have flown the nest, I wish him well and hope to see him make a go of it at Coventry. Coventry seem to have a decent bunch of players who, from that brief glimpse I saw, work hard for each other and knock the ball about well. I can see them challenging for a playoff position come the end of the season.

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]I only saw the first 30mins of the game last night, but was actually rather impressed with McKenzie. He skinned the much-lauded Greg Halford on a number of occasions and seemed to hold the ball at his feet well on his runs. The Coventry fans seemed to have taken to him too, although, as we well know, there''s still plenty of time for them to turn on him! Like most other Canaries who have flown the nest, I wish him well and hope to see him make a go of it at Coventry. Coventry seem to have a decent bunch of players who, from that brief glimpse I saw, work hard for each other and knock the ball about well. I can see them challenging for a playoff position come the end of the season.[/quote]

Yes he certainly worked hard and ran all over the place but then he did that for us too [:D]

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Where was the crowd last night? Leon must notice a difference compared to a packed Carrow Road![/quote]

Coventry fans do the time-honoured thing and vote with their feet if they''re not happy with what they''re seeing.  They''re not hung up on some warped idea of loyalty.   They also have a bigger ground now, so know they can go back any time they like and get in.  That''s what will happen to us if we increase the capacity without investing in the team.

(Mystic exits stage left to look for flak jacket and steel helmet . . .)

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Where was the crowd last night? Leon must notice a difference compared to a packed Carrow Road![/quote]

Coventry fans do the time-honoured thing and vote with their feet if they''re not happy with what they''re seeing.  They''re not hung up on some warped idea of loyalty.   They also have a bigger ground now, so know they can go back any time they like and get in.  That''s what will happen to us if we increase the capacity without investing in the team.

(Mystic exits stage left to look for flak jacket and steel helmet . . .)

[/quote]Mystic finds a barman in the trenches with him!An excellent point and a good reason for supporting the expansion of the City Stand, so long as the team is strengthened alongside it. I think the two have to go hand-in-hand. Stifling the opportunity for ''casual'' (read limited chances) fans to attend damages the long-term fan-base of the club.