Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

Reason to smile... join the bubble...

This isn''t really meant as a discussion post - I read enough of the other threads to see sides of arguments, plus/minus points etc... I know our small squad has questionable quality. I realise we''re 19th in the second tier of English football...

However...

This thread is more like a bubble.

Although not immediately inspired by PG''s appointment, as it sinks in it seems a better decision (see Man in the Stands - a speaker of sense I''m sure you''ll agree). The board have made an appointment which seems to hold their ambitions at its heart - whether you agree with who they chose or not.

There is the essence of a better feeling between those involved in the club - hope for a fresh start. This is the kind of feeling that you get when you''re a kid and you go to your first match. It''s above cynicism. It comes from the deeply held emotion for a football team.

I want to express that I''m excited about the game on Tuesday. How about that for a first game in charge? I''m excited that maybe Pointy Pete can make us a force away from home. Make us play without fear. Coach in the ability to keep hold of the ball when we''re a goal up away from home with 2 minutes to go...

Please don''t miss my point. I understand that Tuesday''s result could go horribly against us. It could all be a disaster. This post could be used to spear my very heart if all goes wrong... but that isn''t the point of this. The point is now at this moment, you should have some part of you that feels excited about what could be achieved under new management. You should have some form of optimism.

Otherwise, I''m not sure that you every will, and that would seem pretty sad to me...

So, please join in with my bubble if you wish. If you don''t, you really don''t have to add your comment to this - your silence will be enough (I''m more than happy enough in my own bubble[<:o)])

Thank you - i feel better now I''ve shared that with everybody.

Hear hear. It''s exciting times and after the last 18 months plus of misery, it''s going to be good to be able to watch City play and not know a) exactly which favourites will definitely be playing regardless of form, b) exactly which subs will be brought on in the last five minutes, c) exactly what will be trotted out in the post match interview, d) exactly which favourites will still be picked next match despite an appalling showing in this one! However, in the spirit of the bubble, and remaining totally positive, this all adds up to a plus for PG and not so much a minus for NW. Like a dying relationship, everything just got too familiar with Nige. Now we''ve got a new boss, a new relationship, and it feels fresh and positive, so lets go with it and enjoy our football again.

I like the idea of this bubble.  No sharp objects allowed, so out goes the old atmosphere at Carrow Road.  Grant saw everything that is right and wrong with NCFC at the QPR match, so the chances are he''ll know what he needs to do.  I hope we''ll see some decent loan signings as a result of his contacts, and steady improvements in performance (starting with addressing our shocking defensive play and lapses of reason / concentration) which could / should lead to a play-off place next spring.

Hello Norwich, I''m really excited to be here! [:D]Impressed by the press conference this morning, and nice to see everyone with a smile on their face for a change. Fresh ideas, a fresh perspective, a desire and a will to start playing football without fear.

I will join the bubble please, as I said in one of my posts (PG''s interview) I''m as happy as a pig in ...... well poo,  now, he was not a choice that really jumped in front of me, but now I have heard what he has had to say, what has been said about him and what he has done I can''t wait for him to get stuck in on the training ground and listen to his no hols bars interviews etc.

Come on the yellow, keep me excited.

Good post - I too have a good feeling about tomorrow although saying that I also had a good feeling about Cardiff and other games but the less said about them the better.  I feel that a new fresh approach could be the making of us and no doubt about it we definately have the players to be in the top six at the very least.  So yes I am definately in this bubble and look forward to better things - just hope it does not get burst too quickly though. 

Count me in....having a fresh person at the top should always come with optimism, and it is extremely sad to see so much pessimism continuing among our supporters.  I for one think that he will be a success, though it may take a little time - I doubt a defence like ours isn''t going to become leak-free overnight.

I''m right in your bubble too mbncfc! I got a good feeling about Peter Grant and Norwich City.

If I had to choose the new manager today I would choose Peter Grant. If that makes me a sucker for the clubs spin then so be it. But I am excited about going to Birmingham, a place we don''t usually do very well, and I believe we can get a result to make a good start to a new chapter in the history of our great club!

[quote user="Yellow fever"]so to sum up - no one want him before we got him but evryone happy now[/quote]

I had no real preferences so i am happy enough yes, as for you, you will never be happy, it is simply not possible.

[quote user="Yellow fever"]so to sum up - no one want him before we got him but evryone happy now[/quote]Spot on YF, welcome to the fickle world of football fans.  We change our minds.  Much as I''m sure you changed from singing Nigel and Delia''s name in May 2004 to complaining constantly in present day...

I''m glad to see people have joined the bubble and helped in increase, floating above the daily football turmoils.

I also appreciate the no-one important has come along trying to prick it!

Even if it bursts tonight, it''s been a pleasure...

[^] 

There''s a giant flashing Coca-Cola board in Piccadilly that now shows an individual banner for each Football League team. It goes through them all individually. I stood by Whittards for 20mins waiting for City to appear - but they didn''t...

Anyway, I slept safely in the knowledge last night that the bubble is now backed up by an actual football match! What a result that is?!... Of course, bubbles won''t last forever. But I don''t really care. You might as well be happy and optimistic when you have reason to... beats bitter and twisted...

Therefore, the bubble is still here everyonel, for you to join, relax, hope, smile and generally enjoy being a Norwich City fan...

No, it''s not naivity. But it is enjoyment. Join if you want to, stay away if you don''t.

Come on, Cardiff are due a defeat...

[:D] 

i would like a place in your bubble please!!! at last there is an optimism within me with regards to going on saturday instead of the pessimism ive felt this season. i know one swallow doesnt make a summer but after hearing what granty has in mind for the way ahead i am a lot more hopeful than i was 12 months ago!! roll on saturday when hopefully the atmosphere will be one to remember.... and for the right reasons too!!!!

It would seem unfair and disloyal not to acknowledge my bubble''s continuing refuge to my love for Norwich City. It''s refreshing in here, with PG''s words acting like fresh injections of washing up liquid into the very membraine of my bubble...

How long will it last?...

PS. with the backing now of 2 official football results, the bubble is strong enough to hold any extra fans who wish to join - in optimism, not naivity...

[:D][^][<:o)] 

Reluctantly I am being drawn to this bubble........but will just keep my toe on the floor outside if that''s allowable?