Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Fans Reunited

I thought we needed something to take our minds off Saturday, so it''s time to have a little fun.

Rather than paying shocking premiums to sign up to Friends Reunited,

and knowing what a small world this is, it might be interesting for

people to list what schools they went to, when, and what they''re up to

now.  Then if anyone thinks they used to go to school with

someone, they can pm them and catch up.  Or insult them,

whichever... [;)]

I''ll start.

Ashleigh First School and Nursery, Wymondham.  1986-1987

St Augustine''s RC Primary School, Costessey, Norwich.  1987 - 1993

Costessey High School, Costessey, Norwich.  1993 - 1998

Costessey High School Sixth Form, Costessey, Norwich.  1998 - 2000

Current Occupation: Student (in a week, anyway), Manchester Metropolitan University, studying Environmental Science.

Anyone else? [:)]

Saint Canary and I were in the same year at High School from 1992 to 1996. Fairly sure no-one else on here had the pleasure of attending Blyth-Jex though.

Attleborough Primary 1950s

Poringland Primary 1960-62

Secondary - such an allround horrible experience that I''ve erased it from my memory.  I didn''t go if I could possibly avoid it.

I believe Wiz is a (failed) product of Hogwarts . . .

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Saint Canary and I were in the same year at High School from 1992 to 1996. Fairly sure no-one else on here had the pleasure of attending Blyth-Jex though.

[/quote]

I also attended that particular "university of life" franchise, but it was an ice age or two before then.

I very much doubt anyone here went to the same schools as me but I''ll join the fun anyway [:P] I know a few people here are also from nottingham.Plumtree Nursery School, Plumtree, Nottingham. 1989-1990Willow Brook Primary School, Keyworth, Nottingham 1990-1996South Wolds School, Keyworth, Nottingham.    -Secondary School 1996-2001    -Sixth Form 2001-2004University of East Anglia, Norwich, Computer Science 2004-2007

blimey, school was along time ago, no idea of dates but I am 34 so if you''re 34 ish you may also have been at the same school.

Junior school next to Falcon Middle School (can''t remember it''s name, or anything else about it)

Falcon Middle school (early 80''s - I was a peregine falcon!)

Sprowston High (80''s - sh*t days, best years of your life me arse)

plus a few other schools in the Yorkshire area - move around too much.

Followed by Huddersfield Poly (1991-1995), Loughborough Uni (1995-1998), University of Florida (1999-2000) (doubt i''ll get many hits there mind!).

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

What a golden generation that was Pete!

I still remember your goalscoring/hanging prowess!

You''re confusing goal-hanging with my ligtning pace combined with my ability to play off the last defender and beat the offside trap...

This is fun...Hempnall First School                    1989   -   1993Long Stratton Middle School          1993   -   1996Long Stratton High School              1996   -   2000CNS Sixth Form                            2000   -   2002UEA Computer Sciences (UG)       2002   -   2005UEA Computer Sciences (PG)        2005   -   Present

[quote user="Marty"]

Junior school next to Falcon Middle School (can''t remember it''s name, or anything else about it)

[/quote]

If you mean the infants its called Cecil Gowing.

Being a RAF child I travelled between too many schools in my formative years, ended up at Sprowston High school 1971 - 1976, then did a year (mainly playing table football, I think the youngsters call it fussball now) at City College.

Cliff park High School, Gorleston.         1980 - 1985.

Current Occupation, Merchant Seaman working in Trinidad, but soon to be back in Jolly ol'' Angola.....

At least i don''t seem to be the oldest on here!

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

If you mean the infants its called Cecil Gowing.

Being a RAF child I travelled between too many schools in my formative years, ended up at Sprowston High school 1971 - 1976, then did a year (mainly playing table football, I think the youngsters call it fussball now) at City College.

[/quote]

that''s the one, Cecil Gowing, I remember it having octagonal buildings, haven''t really been back for a long time. I did go back a few years ago and intended to document my early life in photographs but decided it was a bit of a risk, I mean you get locked up nowadays for taking photos near schools!

[quote user="congo"]

Current Occupation, Merchant Seaman working in Trinidad, but soon to be back in Jolly ol'' Angola.....

[/quote]

Can you do a bit of scouting while you''re there . . .?

[quote user="congo"]

[/quote]

I have a horrible feeling thats going to be me. Wheres Peter Wolsey when you need him?

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="congo"]

[/quote]

I have a horrible feeling thats going to be me. Wheres Peter Wolsey when you need him?

[/quote]

Worry not Kathy, I''m older than you and I think Beelsie and BlyBly are knocking on a bit too.  This board only goes to prove that anyone can talk out of their arse, regardless of age (yes, including yours truly).

Message to modifiers: please make the print a bit bigger!  I''m even struggling to read the captions on Sky Sports now.  On Saturday Clint Hill scored, and I thought it said C*nt Hill . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Message to modifiers: please make the print a bit bigger!  I''m even struggling to read the captions on Sky Sports now.  On Saturday Clint Hill scored, and I thought it said C*nt Hill . . .

[/quote]What is the text size setting in your browser? Normal should be alright, but Larger may help. In Internet Explorer, find it in the View menu > Text Size > If you use Firefox, you can also press Ctrl and the + (plus) or - (minus) keys.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

What is the text size setting in your browser? Normal should be alright, but Larger may help.

In Internet Explorer, find it in the View menu > Text Size >

If you use Firefox, you can also press Ctrl and the + (plus) or - (minus) keys.
[/quote]

Many thanks Vince.  Guess what, I had it on Smaller.  It''s fantastic now and will encourage me to post even more often.  How lucky you are.

I know a lot of city fans, like me, hail from Suffolk  (hiss boo!) my schools are

Beccles Peddars Lane Infants 1965-1967

Beccles Crowfoot Primary  1967-1971

Beccles Middle School  1971-73

Sir John Leman High  1973-1977

Kathy, I may well be older than you.  I am 47. 

I was a Norfolk County Schoolboy.

Two Sheds: says it all about you that you want to boast about being excluded from school!

I heard too that 1st Wiz unsurprisingly went to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and wizardry where he used to fag for Lucius Malfoy''s Father and campaigned constantly for the manager of the Quidditch team to be sacked or venerated depending on which way the wind was blowing.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="congo"]

I have to say that  I thought I would be the oldest but you beat me. I think Mystic is in the lead though.

[/quote]

[/quote]