Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Threatening Fans

I never think of myself as an overly negative fan, I always sing loud and support the team as best I can no matter what. But being human I naturally get frustrated and dissapointed with poor performances such as today and as a paying supporter I feel have every right to voice my opinion. So when a supporter turns on me at the end of the game completely out of the blue gives me nothing but abuse and then threatens me with violent behaviour, I''m deeply shocked even more shocked to see that he is with his family whilst he does this. I know some people choose never to criticise the team and I respect that choice but am I alone in thinking that some fans take it too far almost to the same levels of a religion considering it blasphemous to say such negative things, maybe I should be stoned to death?I think some people need a serious reality check and try to remember "Its only a game!"

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I think some people need a serious reality check and try to remember "Its only a game!"[/quote]Its more than a game to me.Playing pool down the pub or having a kick about with my mates is a game.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="UEA Canary"]
I think some people need a serious reality check and try to remember "Its only a game!"
[/quote]

Its more than a game to me.
Playing pool down the pub or having a kick about with my mates is a game.

[/quote]

So you condone this sort of behaviour?

I think it''s disgusting.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

So you condone this sort of behaviour?

I think it''s disgusting.

[/quote]Err, no. How exactly did you jump to that conclusion?I replied to a specific point UEA made. Try to keep up.I wouldn''t condone such behaviour, but then if UEA''s constant moaning included expletives, he can hardly complain about being on the receiving end of a few. Having sat next to a "supporter" who moaned his way constantly earlier, I can understand his frustration, if not his response.

Herb, I can assure you that this had nothing to do with my language, I''m not saying I''m perfect and I did swear a few times but compared to several people around me I''m a saint. I like the way you assume I''m a constant moaner and while you don''t condone this behaviour you evidently seem quite happy with it and I am honestly not surprised by your stance on it. I like to think I''m a balanced supporter and I always give credit where its due but I certainly won''t hesitate to speak my mind and I won''t be intimidated by certain people into thinking otherwise.

1ST OF ALL I TOTALLY AGREE SUPPORTERS SHOULDNT BE THREATENING EACH OTHER.WE SHOULD ALL RESPECT EACH OTHER

BUT UEA U SEEM SUPRISED! ITS A FOOTBALL GAME EVRYONE IS PASSIONATE,

MAYBE THIS GUY IS SICK OF YOU WHINGING 

WHAT I  WOULD RECOMEND IS IF IT HAS WORRIED U THAT MUCH WAIT TELL AFTER THE GAME AND TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT HOW U FELT ABOUT THE GAME OVER A PINT WHEN EVERONE HAS CALMED DOWN

GOODLUCK KEEP THE FAITH THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT GAME AND IF WE WIN THE GUY WILL PROBABLY LOVE U

THAT IS FOOTBALL

ON THE BALL CITY...........................

Herb,

UEA paid his fee and deserves the right to voice his opinion if he feels he has been ripped off.

These KTF''ers are ruining it for the Worthy Out''ers. Me and my mate have had our vehicle vandalised. Had DNA exchange in the form of being gobbed on, that is spitting for the PC amongst you.

Does it take someone''s death before everyone sits up and take stock, that Nigel has to go?

The KTF''ers and Worthy Out''ers should be kept apart inside the ground. It''s a powder keg waiting to go off.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I never think of myself as an overly negative fan, I always sing loud and support the team as best I can no matter what. But being human I naturally get frustrated and dissapointed with poor performances such as today and as a paying supporter I feel have every right to voice my opinion. So when a supporter turns on me at the end of the game completely out of the blue gives me nothing but abuse and then threatens me with violent behaviour, I''m deeply shocked even more shocked to see that he is with his family whilst he does this. I know some people choose never to criticise the team and I respect that choice but am I alone in thinking that some fans take it too far almost to the same levels of a religion considering it blasphemous to say such negative things, maybe I should be stoned to death?

I think some people need a serious reality check and try to remember "Its only a game!"
[/quote]

You can''t condone it. However, more frequently the direction of abuse and threat came from the WO hardcore. Fear of violence and abuse are one of the reasons why people tend to be shy of voicing their support for the manager.

The amount of ignorant negative and foul-mouthed abuse from WO fans, far outways that from KTFs (not that such a group exists). Nevertheless, it is regretable that you were as intimidated as some of us have felt at times.

Herb, any views on Worthy''s after match comment today about there not being much wrong with the game?

I didn''t get where I got today without standing on the touchline with my arms folded.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I never think of myself as an overly negative fan, I always sing loud and support the team as best I can no matter what. But being human I naturally get frustrated and dissapointed with poor performances such as today and as a paying supporter I feel have every right to voice my opinion. So when a supporter turns on me at the end of the game completely out of the blue gives me nothing but abuse and then threatens me with violent behaviour, I''m deeply shocked even more shocked to see that he is with his family whilst he does this. I know some people choose never to criticise the team and I respect that choice but am I alone in thinking that some fans take it too far almost to the same levels of a religion considering it blasphemous to say such negative things, maybe I should be stoned to death?

[/quote]

Were you in the Barclay B Block?  A friend of mine said there was a very nasty Norwich ''supporter'' there who was giving people grief throughout the game.

I think you will find its the ktf mob that are the violent ones Fence , wake up and smell the coffee .

[quote user="Fastest Canary in the Land"]

Herb,

UEA paid his fee and deserves the right to voice his opinion if he feels he has been ripped off.

These KTF''ers are ruining it for the Worthy Out''ers. Me and my mate have had our vehicle vandalised. Had DNA exchange in the form of being gobbed on, that is spitting for the PC amongst you.

[/quote]

Sorry, but I flat out don''t believe you.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]I think you will find its the ktf mob that are the violent ones Fence , wake up and smell the coffee .[/quote]

Can I naively ask an honest question here of posters.

"Do you here more abuse shouted from those that are annoyed with Worthington or from those that are passionately in favour of him?" I have spoken before of Mr Motormouth who sits behind me, screaming abuse at every misplaced pass - are my views coloured by this?

Or is Not Worthy talking from an orifice that is normally used for other purposes.

Threatening violence is stupid! Especially infront of his Family.. his kid grows up to be the next nutter and he says "its no my lad, he''s a good boy" or "my lad would never do anything like that!" no.. course not, not with someone like that T***er as an old man (and i hope the person concerned is reading this!)

its ok to debate a game, even heated debate, and the odd arguement is 9inevitable as we all have a different point of view, i have argued many times over the years with fellow fans. but bny the next match its all forgotten and we are laughing and joking again.

Violence and threats of it are never the answer. I have 1 or 2 firends who if the afformentioned chap had threatened he''d have found himself sitting on Carrow Road with a bloody nose. Some people should think before they open their mouth

jas :)

we are all entitled to our opinion and people should respect that. i am quite outspoken at times and disagree with my fellow fans around where i sit, but at no time do we turn on each other. we shake hands at the end of the season and wish each other well and thats how it should be. we may differ on points at games but at no times do we abuse each other for not agreeing with what someone else says.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

However, more frequently the direction of abuse and threat came from the WO hardcore. Fear of violence and abuse are one of the reasons why people tend to be shy of voicing their support for the manager.

The amount of ignorant negative and foul-mouthed abuse from WO fans, far outways that from KTFs (not that such a group exists). Nevertheless, it is regretable that you were as intimidated as some of us have felt at times.

[/quote]

GOTF - the only ''abusive'' behaviour I have seen has always come from ''KTF'' towards ''WO'' groups - but that cannot lead me to conclude that ALL the violent abuse is KTF driven - it has to be the same for you, doesnt it? 

Such generic commentary is as inflammatory as the ''got a war'' comment made by another poster.  City fans are a good group with a lunatic fringe who are unable to communicate a view without resorting to threatening behaviour - they are simply thugs - and not exclusively either KTF or WO.

Abusive behaviour is always intolerable, irrespective of their views on the club.

Firstly I am not a WO or KTF and I pride myself on being balanced and trying to see both side of the arguement. I certainly do not abuse anyone including fans, players or manager and just because my views are not always 100% positive does not mean I deserve to be threatened and abused. I did criticise the team several times yesterday in the second half but who could blame me our defense looked a shambles and our forwards looked like we wouldn''t score even if we played til next weekend. You may think me a whinger and a moaner but that still does not condone violent behaviour. I find it particularly disturbing that his young son certainly no older than 13 was the one restraining him, he should be ashamed of himself.JayM I sit in block A on the edge next to block B, I doubt its the same guy as he was specifically picking on me despite me pointing out that a guy behind me was shouting at the players and manager "f***ing rubbsh" repeatly. 90% of my comments are mostly just chatting between me and my friend, I most certainly do not shout and moan at every bad pass and tackle.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

However, more frequently the direction of abuse and threat came from the WO hardcore. Fear of violence and abuse are one of the reasons why people tend to be shy of voicing their support for the manager.

[/quote]

GOTF - the only ''abusive'' behaviour I have seen has always come from ''KTF'' towards ''WO'' groups - but that cannot lead me to conclude that ALL the violent abuse is KTF driven - it has to be the same for you, doesnt it? 

Such generic commentary is as inflammatory as the ''got a war'' comment made by another poster.  City fans are a good group with a lunatic fringe who are unable to communicate a view without resorting to threatening behaviour - they are simply thugs - and not exclusively either KTF or WO.

Abusive behaviour is always intolerable, irrespective of their views on the club.

[/quote]

I don''t want this to develop into a dialogue ZLF but how can you accuse me of "such generic commentary" and then say what you do. I used the terms "more frequently" and "outweighs" (which I misspelt, sorry).

To say this is "as inflammatory (sic) as the ''got a war'' comment" is frankly insulting. I''m surprised the moderators allowed that one at all. It is particularly disappointing that you chose to edit out the section when I said that intimi dationcould never be condoned. You wouldn''t be trying to be misleading because you have another agenda would you? How could I even think it?

Do I at least take it that you at least do not subscibe to the line we often have in here that if you are not a die hard WO you just sit there quietly, which is often said?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

JayM I sit in block A on the edge next to block B, I doubt its the same guy as he was specifically picking on me despite me pointing out that a guy behind me was shouting at the players and manager "f***ing rubbsh" repeatly. 90% of my comments are mostly just chatting between me and my friend, I most certainly do not shout and moan at every bad pass and tackle.
[/quote]

You were quite near my friend so either it was the same bloke, or the bloke behind, or somebody else.  Didn''t sound the most pleasant place to be sitting yesterday.

[quote user="JayM"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]JayM I sit in block A on the edge next to block B, I doubt its the same guy as he was specifically picking on me despite me pointing out that a guy behind me was shouting at the players and manager "f***ing rubbsh" repeatly. 90% of my comments are mostly just chatting between me and my friend, I most certainly do not shout and moan at every bad pass and tackle.[/quote]

You were quite near my friend so either it was the same bloke, or the bloke behind, or somebody else.  Didn''t sound the most pleasant place to be sitting yesterday.

[/quote]Well its certainly a possiblity then that its the same bloke and it wouldn''t surprise me to learn he has been hassling other people. Next time I shall be expecting it and will just learn to ignore him, he is nothing more than a pathetic bully looking for a fight and will be dissapointed to find I will niether be intimidated into leaving nor aggrevated into fighting.

What about all the WOs intimidating the KTFs. I wouldn''t dare protest my loyalty to Worthington in real life. I''d get a real going over by some of you lot... I''d rather walk into the lions den at the zoo than be confronted by a WO bully boy...

[quote user="Fastest Canary in the Land"]

Herb,

Does it take someone''s death before everyone sits up and take stock, that Nigel has to go?

The KTF''ers and Worthy Out''ers should be kept apart inside the ground. It''s a powder keg waiting to go off.

[/quote]

FC, Your first line is spot on. He should be allowed to voice his opinion, just like every other supporter in the ground but it is after this where your argument falls apart.

You are I can see in this mind set that there are KTF ers and WO ers like Mods and Rockers. You need to understand that this KTF idea is a figment of your imagination. I don''t believe Worthy should go at this point in time. Does that make me a KTF er in your opinion? Not in mine, I certainly don''t believe that we should keep the faith either and I speak for a large majority of supporters when I say this. So please understand the situation and don''t get drawn into the hype of what isn''t even there. What do you mean exactly by the statement that they (KTF) in your words are ruining ''it'' for you? What is ''it'' Ruining what exactly? Could it more likely be that people don''t want to hear your constant negative noise? Maybe, you are being so excessive that people have had enough of putting up with you that they have now decided to take a stand. People who don''t neccesarily like Worthy but people who don''t like all of this negative downbeat, that effects their enjoyment of the game. I don''t condone any damage to your property or the spitting incident at all. I''d like you to think though, why has this happened?

GOTF, 

I have re-read your words at still feel that at best they will continue the damaging divide and at worst do inflame a fragile situation amongst fans, which is far more damaging than anything else for this club.

However I do accept that you were in no way condoning abusive behaviour, and having clarified your thoughts, I unreservedly apologise.  

I had to move my seat this season as during the penulitmate game last year (I am sure you all know the one, Worthy Out, this is embarrassing, etc, etc), two men behind me started on me... At that point I had done nothing, no booing, no Worthy Outing.... I just held my head in my hands....I wanted to leave at half time, but didn''t.  I stayed till the end, but regretted doing so.

They were both large men in their forties I suppose, much bigger than me.  During the game I had the one behind me constantly digging his knee into my seat and going on about WOuters.  As the game ended one of them shouted at me and told me they would make sure they got me, and that people like me didn''t deserve to come to Carrow Road.

I wrote a letter to Mr Doncaster, but got a standard response about how "both sides" had been abused by each other.  So I changed my seat before this season and now sit further along the Barclay in a much friendlier area. 

Why pick on a female?  Did it make them feel extra big, I expect so.  I don''t mind telling you all I was to scared to come to the final game of the season because I could not bear sitting there again. 

I hope none of you have to go through anything like that.  It was a day to forget in more ways than one.

Oh Gazza, a woman of your vintage should no longer go anywhere she wouldn''t fel happy taking her dog.

There are just too many spamheads in the Barclay (a shadow of its former self).

You should have taken my old single seat in The Cathedral where the IQ''s are a few points higher on average and the fans no less passionate. I saw mature men crying in there when we won promotion.

The Cathedral is a passionate but friendly environment although there isn''t much inane chanting. You might be surprised just how good the atmosphere might be.

If anyone in there abused a lady as you suffered they would be removed at the behest of the majority who are generally strong -minded people not afraid to say what they think.

You might feel the need to buy yourself a bit of tweed or waxed cotton and get a hat so there could be additional costs involved in realy feeling the part. But I am afraid in moving your seat you missed an opportunity dear girl.