Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

KTF brigade,now is your chance!

Come on,show us worthy outers that you fully back worthy by singing your hearts out for worthy today! It will be interseting listening,thats if i can hear over the noise of a bloke next to me chomping away on his hotdog!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Come on,show us worthy outers that you fully back worthy by singing your hearts out for worthy today! It will be interseting listening,thats if i can hear over the noise of a bloke next to me chomping away on his hotdog![/quote]

I fully back Worthy and I fully back the team but you would''nt catch me singing for either.

What a disappointing piece of news beelsie....you won''t sing for the team. Is that just because the vocal chords don''t work the same way anymore? You must have sung OTBC in the old days ( traditional version )?

The silence was  defening from the KTFs again , i wont sing his

name and

havent heard it uttered again today. I said at the start of the season

i would call a truce and give him ten games and see where we were

then.Well we have played eight so far and i have kept my word but after

the   performance today yet again im tempted to say b*ll*cks

to it and say

how i really feel but no i will refrain and  keep a defening

silence like the KTFs .   OTBC

[quote user="charlies dad"]I thought I heard load of squat humming to himself for a second.  [/quote]

I think that noise was worthy with a bit of trapped wind!

Why, may I ask, do you back a failing and underperforming manager? Why can you not see what the rest of us can?

Back the team yes, but the manager? Deluded

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]I thought I heard load of squat humming to himself for a second.  [/quote]

I think that noise was worthy with a bit of trapped wind!

[/quote]

Come on TwoSheds, too much flick fanny farting.....can''t allow it 

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Why, may I ask, do you back a failing and underperforming manager? Why can you not see what the rest of us can?

[/quote]

Why do you belive that a change of manager will automatically bring improvements. The evidence is quite clear on this. Clubs that change managers frequently tend to be less successful.

If we continue to fail to preform, the time will come for Worthington but to chnage at this stage would be stupid. The naivety of many of the posts on this topic are quite touching.

[quote user="beelsie"]

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Come on,show us worthy outers that you fully back worthy by singing your hearts out for worthy today! It will be interseting listening,thats if i can hear over the noise of a bloke next to me chomping away on his hotdog![/quote]

I fully back Worthy and I fully back the team but you would''nt catch me singing for either.

[/quote] So you support them but you''re not prepared to show the support?? Why do you fully back Worthy? What reason could you possibly have?

I have always sung for the team and can''t remember singing for managers in the past.

Besides, who would risk being threatened by some WO moron who has a grudge, like the bloke who says he wants a war.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

I''m with Beelsie. Sorry I missed today as I was moving house.

[/quote]

Sums it all up really.

And leave my son out of your replies.   

I am still of a mind that most people aren''t either rabidly opposed or in favour of Worthy - they will accept him if we are doing well and moan, as all fans do, when things aren''t going so well: tbh that is pretty much my opinion as well. 

I don''t recall ever hearing a chant either for or against him inside the ground, other than when we won the title.  I have been going to matches regularly for 20+ years and have rarely sung the Manager''s name, so if the vast majority of supporters are (still) so opposed to him, surely it would be better if they chanted to see if they are as big a majority as they think??  The only real manifestation against him has been a rather poorly attended demo, which doesn''t/didn''t really prove anything either way, together with a petition/survey which did much the same.  As an outsider to it all, it does seem that there are a fair number of people who just preach to the converted (ie themselves, on the "WO" and other sites), and thereby convince themselves that they are right.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Why do you belive that a change of manager will automatically bring improvements. The evidence is quite clear on this. Clubs that change managers frequently tend to be less successful.

If we continue to fail to preform, the time will come for Worthington but to chnage at this stage would be stupid. The naivety of many of the posts on this topic are quite touching.

[/quote]''Frequently change managers'' - He''s been here HOW many years now? We wouldn''t be snap-decision making, it would be based on SEASON after SEASON of disappointment.''Not at this stage'' - Why not? Get him out early, get someone in, give them time to work with the players and we might actually make something of this season.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Why, may I ask, do you back a failing and under performing manager? Why can you not see what the rest of us can?

[/quote]

Alex,  I have been around long enough to be able to work out what is necessary to improve our team performances.  We don''t have enough financial clout or financial backing being released for team strengthening.  I am sure Worthy has also been around long enough to know who he wants, and they are not available at the price he can pay.  Wages are and always will be the main stumbling block.  That coupled with our location we do not appear attractive enough for the younger set to join with us.  Big names who have joined us in the past have generally been at the end of their careers and have enjoyed and become fed up with the big times associated with London and the big cities where we are told it''s all happening.

Actually with what Worthy has to work with I feel he does quite well, and as I''m not privy to information as to why he has to use the few men he has available in the way that he does.  I can''t offer or hazard a guess.  He at the present time, suits the board.  He in my opinion is performing as well as most other managers in this division who have similar constraints and not much money available.  They the board will feel he is on par with what else is on offer at their valuation.  Nothing startling will happen in the future unless there is a substantial clear out from top to bottom including an increase in fan base capacity of at least 10000, and a take over of the assets to the tune of a hundred million, that includes a bid for the share issue and the real estate. In our present position many fans just do not realise that we can only borrow money against realisable assets, and this does not include the value of players at present within the club, and Alex I think you can see that there aren''t many clubs who will fall over themselves for what we have on offer in that regard.

YC, !! I can''t say that I ever sang the song you mention at a match, however well we played, neither was I much one for demonstrating in any way.  I might manage to squeeze a smile after the the inner glow one experienced when at last something goes the way  you want; or perhaps there is a show of sheer genius on the pitch from such greats as Bobby Moore,  Martin Peters, George Best, Pele, Bobby Charlton, Nat Loft-house, Stanley Matthews and others who flourished when the leather ball on a wet and snowy day probably weighed in at about 2 Lbs.  Today I feel that to argue pointlessly about something as short lived as a successful soccer team or manager, unless you happen to support Arsenal or Man UTD is indeed futile.  I Think that its time for a character transplant and honesty in the the soccer world as we now know it, from the footballers gracing our pitches to the highest management including FIFA

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote] So you support them but you''re not prepared to show the support?? Why do you fully back Worthy? What reason could you possibly have?[/quote]

The support I have for anything, be it man woman or organisation is for me to feel within personally, and if I feel it necessary to inform that person etc.etc. I will do so.  It''s as if you can support God and pray to him in the Church or in the privacy of your own home, either way is just as relevant. Children in playgrounds demonstrate in many ways to feel good about themselves, when we grow up, hopefully, we mature into  responsible people, who do not feel that such demonstrations are of much value other than to perhaps boost the EGO, to feel part of a group that seeks to dominate embarrass or force it''s opinions on others, much as school bullies form pier or pressure groups in school environments.

CW - the point is that sometimes you have to back your judgement against those that always want instant results.

"Season after season?" Last season yes but the premiership season was always going to be difficult, with a lot of players having to learn a lot quickly. I expected it to be difficult and would have accepted 4th bottom. We nearly made it - perhaps others had unrealistic ambitions?

Not at this stage becuase before this week, we had shown considerable improvement. Being completely objective, you would say that it needs to time to see which was the "blip" - this week or the improvement.

As a fan, I obviously hope the improvement was not a blip - don''t you?

[quote user="NotWorthy"]

Worst manager in Citys history and anybody with half a brain cell knows it  .

[/quote]

Statements like that are just plain silly IMHO.

I can think of two managers within the last 10 years far worse for Norwich and I am sure others with greater history of the club could name others.

Worthy is an honest, decent manager trying his best in a league that is very competitive. I believe there are at least ten to twelve teams maybe more going for automatic promotion this year and there will be alot of close fought games.

True Worthy is certainly no Wenger and if we fail to make the play-offs this year, then I am sure he will move on.

However for me it''s too early even to consider a forced removal and I do not see that benefiting the club I support for now.

Beelsie wrote: "We don''t have enough financial clout or financial backing being released for team strengthening.  "

Didn''t we spend over 3 million on a single player whilst in the Championship last season!!  That is probably more than a certain club down the roads entire spend since they got relegated over 4 years ago...  And where are they now?

[quote user="beelsie"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote] So you support them but you''re not prepared to show the support?? Why do you fully back Worthy? What reason could you possibly have?[/quote]

The support I have for anything, be it man woman or organisation is for me to feel within personally, and if I feel it necessary to inform that person etc.etc. I will do so.  It''s as if you can support God and pray to him in the Church or in the privacy of your own home, either way is just as relevant. Children in playgrounds demonstrate in many ways to feel good about themselves, when we grow up, hopefully, we mature into  responsible people, who do not feel that such demonstrations are of much value other than to perhaps boost the EGO, to feel part of a group that seeks to dominate embarrass or force it''s opinions on others, much as school bullies form pier or pressure groups in school environments.

[/quote] I think football is a little different to religion. If you''re not prepared to support Worthy vocally then how do you show your support when others are showing a lack of it?? Anyway demonstrating you faith in God and spreading the word of God is a major aspect of being a Christian. I find that a strange example to use and I don''t think religion and football are directly comparable!!

Are you saying from the last bit that because you don''t need to sing at a football game to show you''re support you are more mature than the rest of us who do sing?? It would be pretty quiet then if only mature adults went to football games!! In my opinion if you really support something and believe in it truly you feel passionate about it and that passion makes you want to share it with others. If that''s immature I''m sorry - I''d call it human nature personally!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Beelsie wrote: "We don''t have enough financial clout or financial backing being released for team strengthening.  "

Didn''t we spend over 3 million on a single player whilst in the Championship last season!!  That is probably more than a certain club down the roads entire spend since they got relegated over 4 years ago...  And where are they now?

[/quote]CJF !! I think youre a bit of an optomist, leaving out what other sides do, considering that they have a more desirable geographic location than us ( thinking with a young mind that is, with the eyes on the bright lights, etc.etc) I believe that you know, judging by your posts that we need an injection of at least three or four players and they won''t come cheaply; nor are they readily available. Also IMHO their wages will be up in the clouds and our board will not allow the outlay.  Seriously I''m sure that out there in the lower divisions there are good players with a point to prove with heart and mind ready to bust a gut to come and play for us, who will, if I may say so, be glad to play alongside our three million pound purchase and assist in his attempt to hit the 20+ goals a season.  I say release this sort of cash to buy big robust players to give us a bite in our play, and i''m sure that our new coach can bring them up to speed. OTBC

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="beelsie"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="beelsie"]

[/quote] I think football is a little different to religion. If you''re not prepared to support Worthy vocally then how do you show your support when others are showing a lack of it?? Anyway demonstrating you faith in God and spreading the word of God is a major aspect of being a Christian. I find that a strange example to use and I don''t think religion and football are directly comparable!!

Are you saying from the last bit that because you don''t need to sing at a football game to show you''re support you are more mature than the rest of us who do sing?? It would be pretty quiet then if only mature adults went to football games!! In my opinion if you really support something and believe in it truly you feel passionate about it and that passion makes you want to share it with others. If that''s immature I''m sorry - I''d call it human nature personally!!

[/quote] Also are you saying the reverse?

I''m merely saying that all belief''s are comparable in the sense that one does not necessarily believe in something less or more, simply because he or she makes a lot of noise about it, religion or football.  Many years ago I played football and if I or another player scored; in keeping with the times all we did was turn round and go back to the centre spot accompanied with a few murmurs of well played or whatever.  We didn''t see it as anything special, it was something we were there to do, It was a goal scored by me for our team along with the others, it was a culmination of effort by the team as a whole, and certainly no big deal.  I referred to the fact that as I grew older, I''m now eighty three, I noticed that I found that there was much more to life than to go over the top with a celebration about something as mundane a goal scored even if it is a winner in a game of football.  If  you were to shout in my ear upon someone scoring a goal and excuse its invasion of my space by trying to tell me that you are sharing a passionate experience with me.  I would politely ask you if you would kindly share it with someone else.  I sincerely believe that the young tend to go overboard and become overexcited about things that should be achieved with the minimum of fuss.  The over use today of words like amazing! fabulous! super! fantastic! among others, to describe the most modest of achievements and the lowest of standards.

To end on a note of being more mature, it would seem that to watch a group of 5 year old in a playground who take delight and and get overexcited to the point where common sense and self control is lost, then spills over into bad and inconsiderate behaviour.  At that age it might be exceptable, and perhaps understood, then to watch the same stupid behaviour emanating from 16 to 30+ year old inexcusable!!  I for one am glad that I can see myself as more mature (and Quiet) than the group I now describe.  Best wishes. PS. I do enjoy my football in a private and controlled manner, making sure that I do not attempt to force my standards on others.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sunderland????? And how much longer are you willing to put up with us failing to perform? I am sure that there is always a good reason in a KTF mind why there is never a right time.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

CW - the point is that sometimes you have to back your judgement against those that always want instant results.

"Season after season?" Last season yes but the premiership season was always going to be difficult, with a lot of players having to learn a lot quickly. I expected it to be difficult and would have accepted 4th bottom. We nearly made it - perhaps others had unrealistic ambitions?

Not at this stage becuase before this week, we had shown considerable improvement. Being completely objective, you would say that it needs to time to see which was the "blip" - this week or the improvement.

As a fan, I obviously hope the improvement was not a blip - don''t you?

[/quote]The premiership season was a disappointment, we had a team capable of making results (Man U) but we were unable to show it till too late in the game. We didnt win away all season, and when it came dow to the last chance saloon, the one game where we held our premiership fate in our hands, we blew it, spectacularly.Before this week yes, we showed imporvement. However I always have the feeling at the moment that these are merely cover-up results, masking the true bigger picture of the fate that awaits us. Look at the Ipswich game last season as a prime example.I hope the improvement was not a blip, but given Worthy''s recent record, Im afraid my brain is feeling nought but skepticism.

We would have survived in the Premiership if we had a manager who knew what he was doing Worthington was a disgrace then and hes even more of a disgrace now .